Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 11   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Can I have someone elses opinion on this please  (Read 19180 times)
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« on: Thursday, July 31, 2008, 08:37:57 »

Basically yesterday an estate agent (who my boss knows really well) bashed my car whilst showing some clients a house on the little estate where our office is

apprently because he the clients in his car he didnt say anything at the time but then rang my boss later after I had gone home

Its not a huge bash but its left a pretty bad scrape and scuff marks on my rear bumper (its impossible to sent my car as its made of plastic!)

I have always used Helphire in the past for any accidents that are not my fault as I have always found them excellent and they take the stress out of it without me even having to inform my insurance company etc

When I told everyone at work this morning this is what I want to do they all got in a piss saying "this wasnt fair" on the guy that hit my car and that it will cost him loads of money and really hit his insurance and they are all saying I should have it done as cheaply as poss and get cash off him etc etc

My opinion is WHY SHOULD I!! he hit MY car so I should choose how and when I get it repaired - but everyone is making me feel bad

I just want some opinions of non biased gays please  Yes
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #1 on: Thursday, July 31, 2008, 08:43:25 »

Can I suggest you put out a contract on him....start by leaving a horses head in his bed. Suicide

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, July 31, 2008, 08:46:17 »

Right everyone is having a massive go at me now and I feel like Im going to cry - Im being steamrollered into him "giving me a bit of cash to sort it out"
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, July 31, 2008, 08:48:07 »

If it is a £50 banger then they have a point. If not then tough shit on the other guy. Go through insurance and get a proper job done (and a courtesy vehicle while they have your car).

What the hell is Helphire though? Is this the bit they are objecting to?  Not got an opinion if it is, though why use them anyway? To be honest, going through my insurance (direct line) was a piece of piss - one claim my fault, one claim someone elses. Clear blame in both cases so they were quite simple, as is yours.

You ring them up. Tell them what happened. They sort it out. One or two phone calls max. No stress.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, July 31, 2008, 08:53:34 »

Like you say JFW don't use your insurance company, use a claims company, Helpline, or Accident Express.

Unlucky to the bloke who hit your car but he was at fault, therefore you want your car back to how it was before the scrape.  I'd be having a go that he didn't notify you straight away.  Also ask for the names of his clients as he could turn around at a later date and deny that it was him.

Tell your colleagues to rack off, it's not their car so it's not their decision.  Like Batch says though I probably wouldn't kick up as much of a stink if my car was an old banger, but if you really like your car stick to your guns and get his details.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, July 31, 2008, 09:00:45 »

Can somebody explain what the advantage is in using Helpline or Accident Express over making a claim off the other guys insurance directly?

I'm not having a go, I've never heard of these type of companies.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #6 on: Thursday, July 31, 2008, 09:01:45 »

Has the bloke left contact details for you to get in touch or tried to phone you/speak to you in person?

If he has, it would probably be courteous to talk things through. If he's willing to pay it's not going to be any more or less hassle for you.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, July 31, 2008, 09:05:05 »

Fuck the other bloke i say.

It was his incompetence in the first place in hitting your car, pursue the claim!
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, July 31, 2008, 09:08:33 »

He has left his details but I dont wanrt to ring him from here with everyone sticking there oar in - I would imagine he has a company car as he is an estate agent?? To be honest Im dreading speaking to him if he is some smarmy estate agent

By the way my car is a Peugeot 107 less than 2 years old - I dont really love it or keep it immaculate or anything but as its not my fault I would like it sorted properly

Helphire basically sort everything out with the person at faults imsurance company on your behalf - so you dont even need to let your insurance company know (In past expereince my own insurance company hold these things on your record anyway and penalise you wether its your fault or not) they also collect your car from wherever you chose and leave you a like for like courtesy car - my friend had a BMW M3 and was given a Porsche as a courtesy car!!
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, July 31, 2008, 09:09:52 »

Can somebody explain what the advantage is in using Helpline or Accident Express over making a claim off the other guys insurance directly?

I'm not having a go, I've never heard of these type of companies.

I hadn't heard of these companies either until some women hit my car (from behind) on the M4.  I took it into Alfa and they told me about Accident Express.  Basically you ring them up give them the details of the other driver.  They then speak to that insurance company and pursue the claim for you, you get the same type of car as yours (or next model up) for the entire time your car is getting fixed.  You don't have to complete any claim forms, diagram drawings not needed nothing.

I called them up at 11 on a Monday morning and by 12 they had arranged for my car to get booked in, the hire car to be delivered and my car to be picked up.  2 weeks later, with me having to pay for nothing, my car was returned to me.  I even gave their car back to them on fumes (due to the petrol strike) and wasn't billed for it.  FANTASTIC!
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, July 31, 2008, 09:10:55 »

Do what your doing now....try not to worry about the people at work,if they were half decent they would be supporting you not making you feel guilty,if it was them they would be doing exactly as your doing.
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

London Scottish - More History than Franchise!

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, July 31, 2008, 09:12:33 »

As my mother always says, its not a no blame bonus, its a no claim bonus. I think your insurance company will still try and screw more money out of you if you do it through them even if its not your fault.

Vi er best i verden! Vi er best i verden! Vi har slått England 2-1 i fotball!! Det er aldeles utrolig! Vi har slått England! England, kjempers fødeland. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--vi har slått dem alle sammen. Vi har slått dem alle sammen. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?
Your boys took a hell of a beating!"
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Thursday, July 31, 2008, 09:13:36 »

If your car's less than 2 years old I'd want it sorted out properly, take it to a Peugeot garage get a quote, give the guy a call tonight (or get your fella to if you don't want to) tell him how much Peugeot said it  will cost.  if he wants to pay it fair enough, if not go through the claims company.

Oh and Batch the claims company make their money by charging the "hire" of your replacement car to the insurance company, which is why you always get the same kind of standard of car as yours, if not better.  Instead of the Corsa that some insurance company would give you.
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

London Scottish - More History than Franchise!

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, July 31, 2008, 09:13:48 »

Basically JFW, your work colleagues are all cunts Cheesy

Vi er best i verden! Vi er best i verden! Vi har slått England 2-1 i fotball!! Det er aldeles utrolig! Vi har slått England! England, kjempers fødeland. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--vi har slått dem alle sammen. Vi har slått dem alle sammen. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?
Your boys took a hell of a beating!"
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #14 on: Thursday, July 31, 2008, 09:14:27 »

If it was me I'd give him a ring. Simply book into a garage that will give you a courtesy car. It's not going to take long to repair anyway.

My opinion is that whilst it was his fault, if he is willing to sort things out there is no need to hurt his no claims. Although if he's got a company car then he'd claim on the company's insurance anyway wouldn't he? Doesn't the whole argument become a bit irrelevant?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 11   Go Up
Print
Jump to: