Pages: 1 ... 508 509 510 [511] 512 513 514 ... 881   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 2043416 times)
ReadingRed

Pragmatist clapper

Ignore
« Reply #7650 on: Monday, November 4, 2019, 13:59:13 »

Now there's a surprise, No 10 have decided not to permit publication of the report into Russian interference. Speculation on twitter that it contains evidence of collusion between Johnson and/or Cummings with Russian interests during the Leave campaign  and since and that's why they're trying to cover it up.
Panorama is said to be covering something on this, with investigations into Cummings' and Milne's Russian connections. I wouldn't be surprised to see parts of the report leaking out.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #7651 on: Monday, November 4, 2019, 22:54:40 »

Dispatches did a piece on Cummings tonight.

Hi, I'm Dominic Cummings, I'm such a rebel...I wear a hoodie, stand on tables and punch holes in polystyrene tiles. It just reminded me of certain knobheads from secondary school. Except he's not 12. I wonder if he has a severe mental impairment that means he is locked in nostalgic procrastination.

If he's such a "mastermind", with ingenious campaign slogans such as "Vote Leave" and "Get Brexit Done", it really speaks volumes as to to what an imbecile BJ is.

I mean Cummings; he's soo rebellious *swoon*. Suicide

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #7652 on: Tuesday, November 5, 2019, 09:14:19 »

Magic money tree has shed another £120m for a vanity project then https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/nov/05/government-pushes-ahead-plans-festival-of-brexit?
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #7653 on: Tuesday, November 5, 2019, 09:19:52 »

Had to turn the Today Programme over this morning.  It's all getting too much.  This morning it was Gove.  The strategy/memo from Cummings clearly sets out that the way to win the election is to attack Corbyn at all times.  Paint him as a pantomime villain.  Project Fear Corbyn.

I wonder whether this is wise.  I'm no fan of Corbyn either, but the strategy could backfire horribly, as it did in 2017.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #7654 on: Tuesday, November 5, 2019, 09:24:23 »

Me too.

Gove came across as the slimey shit he is. Answering every question on the Tory policy with essentially the equivalent of 'yeah but Corbyn smells'
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #7655 on: Tuesday, November 5, 2019, 09:55:02 »

Had to turn the Today Programme over this morning.  It's all getting too much.  This morning it was Gove.  The strategy/memo from Cummings clearly sets out that the way to win the election is to attack Corbyn at all times.  Paint him as a pantomime villain.  Project Fear Corbyn.
And me. Not so much the Corbyn stuff as just the abject refusal to answer even the simplest of questions, he just makes my skin crawl. And it's pretty clear that burying the Russian interference report is in full-on cover-up mode now.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #7656 on: Tuesday, November 5, 2019, 10:10:04 »

And me. Not so much the Corbyn stuff as just the abject refusal to answer even the simplest of questions, he just makes my skin crawl. And it's pretty clear that burying the Russian interference report is in full-on cover-up mode now.

Probably at the outset of their careers for the likes of Johnson and Gove, there is some sort of perceived threshold for their lies which they feel they can't go beyond, but as things develop, they discover actually there isn't.

As long as you have the backing of right wing press and BBC, it's carte blanche. Feed the prejudices of about 30% or so of the voters and under FPTP you'll get in.
RWB Robin

Ignore
« Reply #7657 on: Tuesday, November 5, 2019, 10:16:54 »

What worries me is whether 'the British people' are actually going to wake up to the truth in time. Although I am  LD supporter, I don't at the moment care which opposition party anyone votes for provided it leads to the defeat of the most corrupt, inept and destructive government we have had to endure in my (quite long) lifetime. (That does not imply that every Tory candidate falls into that category, but they are enabling, ironically in the context of Brexit, a team of unelected and deeply divisive bureaucrats destroy our 'one nation's. Political disagreement and argument is what democracy is about. That is what is being destroyed at the moment.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #7658 on: Tuesday, November 5, 2019, 10:18:24 »

What worries me is whether 'the British people' are actually going to wake up to the truth in time. Although I am  LD supporter, I don't at the moment care which opposition party anyone votes for provided it leads to the defeat of the most corrupt, inept and destructive government we have had to endure in my (quite long) lifetime. (That does not imply that every Tory candidate falls into that category, but they are enabling, ironically in the context of Brexit, a team of unelected and deeply divisive bureaucrats destroy our 'one nation's. Political disagreement and argument is what democracy is about. That is what is being destroyed at the moment.
True dat.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #7659 on: Tuesday, November 5, 2019, 10:32:34 »

I sometimes feel sorry for politicians doing interviews as it's an absolute minefield and you know any good answers you give will go nowhere whilst the slightest mistake or panic will go viral (hello Diane Abbott, please ignore 30+ years of public service and accept being mocked for not being particularly good at mental maths under pressure)

On the other hand, Jacob Rees-Mogg has decided to blame people who literally followed the official advice and burned to death for lacking common sense. Good fucking lord. Even if you begin to think that you don't say it on pure empathy grounds surely?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #7660 on: Tuesday, November 5, 2019, 10:52:00 »

On the other hand, Jacob Rees-Mogg has decided to blame people who literally followed the official advice and burned to death for lacking common sense. Good fucking lord. Even if you begin to think that you don't say it on pure empathy grounds surely?
I sometimes wonder if he's actually human. Victim blaming the victims of Grenfell, by anyone, is jaw-dropping, much less one of the leading figures in the government headed by the man who laid off thousands of London firefighters in the run-up to Grenfell.

Ignore
« Reply #7661 on: Tuesday, November 5, 2019, 10:55:54 »

I don't understand how anybody with an ounce of decency and compassion would vote Conservative. Trouble is we live in very selfish times and many people are incredibly stupid too.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #7662 on: Tuesday, November 5, 2019, 11:03:46 »

I don't understand how anybody with an ounce of decency and compassion would vote Conservative. Trouble is we live in very selfish times and many people are incredibly stupid too.

Amen to that.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #7663 on: Tuesday, November 5, 2019, 11:07:38 »

Quote from: Arriba

it's well muddy for some with brexit mixed in.

equally so with Corbyn and labour really.

personally I'd rather chop my knob off with a rusty breaknife than vote Tory right now (or ever again probably)
StfcRusty

Ignore
« Reply #7664 on: Tuesday, November 5, 2019, 11:14:48 »

I don't understand how anybody with an ounce of decency and compassion would vote Conservative.

I’ve also never understood how a normal working class person looks at Eton-educated, multi-millionaires and thinks “yep, they’ve got my back”.

I’m not pro-Labour. But I’m definitely anti-Tory. Quite why staunch working class places like Swindon, Portsmouth and Plymouth vote in Tory MPs truly baffles me. What is they see in them that I’m missing? Genuinely interested to know.
Pages: 1 ... 508 509 510 [511] 512 513 514 ... 881   Go Up
Print
Jump to: