Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Hart and McP gone - Bodin in charge til end of season...  (Read 40357 times)
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: Sunday, May 1, 2011, 16:18:37 »

Trollope has five years adequate experience at this level. The Lennie Lawrence thing is the only issue that concerns me, just how big was his influence?

I imagine his time there just went stale like all lower league managerial tenures do.

Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: Sunday, May 1, 2011, 18:07:48 »

Its more fundamental than that, he's saying Trollope can't do the job on his own.

Its only one fans view of course.

I think a few other Rovers fans have said things along similar lines e.g. "if you get someone like Lawrence in with him he'll do a good job". I must admit with this in mind if we're going to go down the Trollope route we'll need an experienced assistant to work alongside him.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: Sunday, May 1, 2011, 18:30:30 »

So have any other out of work managers been spotted at Swindon games? If it was me applying for the job, I'd be going to every game I could (1st, reserves, youth) to make notes on the players so I had something to say in the interview about them. Would put you at an advantage to the other candidates, as the new manager will have to make some pretty quick decisions about some of the players.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #168 on: Sunday, May 1, 2011, 18:33:37 »

For some strange reason i would like to give Dave Hockaday a chance.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: Sunday, May 1, 2011, 18:33:54 »

So have any other out of work managers been spotted at Swindon games? If it was me applying for the job, I'd be going to every game I could (1st, reserves, youth) to make notes on the players so I had something to say in the interview about them. Would put you at an advantage to the other candidates, as the new manager will have to make some pretty quick decisions about some of the players.

Only Trollope and Hoddle that we know of. No sign of Holloway in the Town End yet which is a shame.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: Sunday, May 1, 2011, 18:50:59 »

I'd be going to every game I could (1st, reserves, youth) to make notes on the players so I had something to say in the interview about them.

Sound advice but Fitton wasn't impressed with Ollie turning up in the town end. Mind you I don't think Malpas had been sacked then.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: Sunday, May 1, 2011, 18:54:39 »

Mind you I don't think Malpas had been sacked then.

That's the big difference this time, since Hart left it's been open season at the Country Ground.

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but Wray's comments about the applications so far made me laugh - the bit about those claiming to be really good on Championship Manager and them not having anyway to verify it. Think he said there was about 12 genuine ones so far from names people will have heard of.
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: Sunday, May 1, 2011, 18:59:07 »

It was that sort of attitude that caused Fitton some of the errors of his ways. Does anyone know for sure if Holloway was going to apply for the Swindon job at the time or was he just innocently wanting to watch a game? Either way I got the impression Fitton simply dismissed Holloway even if he had applied for the job simply for going into the town end. Not that there was any guarnteee he would emilate his success with Blackpool here or done any better than Wilson.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #173 on: Sunday, May 1, 2011, 19:02:28 »

Hahaha i applied and mentioned cham manager
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: Sunday, May 1, 2011, 19:03:36 »

Holloway was the obvious choice at the time. Then we discounted him and waited bloody ages before appointing someone (which worked out last year Smiley). Might be wrong but I can't see Fitton and Ollie ever likely to have formed a working relationship!

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: Sunday, May 1, 2011, 19:03:57 »

Hahaha i applied and mentioned cham manager

if you were dv i'd believe you
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #176 on: Sunday, May 1, 2011, 19:11:07 »

Hahaha i applied and mentioned sham manager

Malpas was a sham manager Cheesy

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: Sunday, May 1, 2011, 19:11:34 »

Malpas was a sham manager Cheesy

Poor old Maurice. I wanted that one to work out.

Statistically, he wasn't THAT bad... It felt horrible at the time.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: Sunday, May 1, 2011, 19:12:33 »

I've won the Premier League with Swindon on both FM10 and FM11. I could send the savegames to prove it, should I apply?

It's a bit of a commute from the West Midlands though.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: Sunday, May 1, 2011, 19:13:33 »

It's a bit of a commute from the West Midlands though.

Fucking move back down then.

It's that level of commitment that Wray should avoid Wink
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: