Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: A message to the board of STFC  (Read 10015 times)
millom red

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Sunday, March 18, 2007, 20:42:22 »

Quote from: "Razzledazzle"
I too feel sorry for Sturrock, he is a proven manager and i bet he feels betrayed by the board, i believe if he was given abit of money then he would get a decent squad together but the board are holding the club back, they are strangling us basically.

I think the board want us to stay in this division so that they don't have to fork out for promotion bonuses etc.

We need this board out, we have to kee pushing, ideally they will be gone by the end of the season if not then in the summer sometime but i will be very concerned and worried if they managed to sort out the cva and remain in control for next season.

Some good points there. Dennis and Gus were brought in on the premis that they could run the club top to bottom with the help of Mark D on the financial side.

Was Sturrock sold the same pup but without Mark D?

f it dont need fixing....dont fuckin break it

Await The Day
Razzledazzle

« Reply #16 on: Sunday, March 18, 2007, 20:45:12 »

Your right trini, seton wills could still do the honourable thing and sell to the consortium headed by bill power and phil emmell but somehow i do not see this happening because i think seton wills seems to go along with everything mr diamandis says, the board are desperate for a new stadium so that they can have loads of money but the fact is swindon borough council will never accept the boards plans, however there were very positive signs over the trusts plans for the redevelopment of the county ground, i am confident that the consortium would be able to get permission from swindon borough council and local residents to redevelop.
The board are living in a dream world if they think they can redevelop the county ground, if they don't pay the cva in june then there could be no club left at all, the board need to wake up and admit the games over and its time for them to go and let the consortium take over, but the fact is they will never walk away, the only way they will leave is if they are literally forced out by the fans.
Razzledazzle

« Reply #17 on: Sunday, March 18, 2007, 20:50:02 »

Millom,

I can easily believe that Sturrock was brought here by false promises like Wise/Poyet as this board are capable of anything, as proved by all their lies about Power leaving due to ill health and the cva being paid when it was not paid, i could go on all night as there is so many lies.
Razzledazzle

« Reply #18 on: Sunday, March 18, 2007, 21:06:42 »

Hey trini how about me and you send our views to the adver and radio swindon etc? us fans need to be heard and the adver and radio swindon need to know the facts and need to give us more media coverage to pressurise the board more and more, i liked hearing Mr Bob rattled on the radio on friday, he really lost it, we need to make them lose it even more.
Trini

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Sunday, March 18, 2007, 21:15:06 »

Agree. I've sat back and been quiet for too long.  :x

69 ...... my favourite number.
pewshamrobin

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Sunday, March 18, 2007, 21:15:45 »

Power appearing in Adver will hopefully show the remaining doubters what an excellent main backer the consortium have, who is there for the long run & with the best interests of the ordinary fan in mind.

If the club wont play ball very soon over negotiations we the fans should call for a full economic boycott: stop buying programmes, merchandise & not renewing our season tickets.
We also need to galvanise larger numbers behind the Arkells, so its in the hundreds like King / Macari protests so the board start to feel more+more uncomfortable & aware of the strength of feeling against them from peaceful but vocal protest

ewsham Robin
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #21 on: Sunday, March 18, 2007, 21:17:45 »

A full economic boycott would also mean not going to games next season, until they leave.

All good carrying out the threat of not renewing your season ticket, but if the Newbury lot are still in charge come August, you'll have to not buy matchday tickets to make your threat worthwhile
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Sunday, March 18, 2007, 21:21:33 »

Quote from: "simon pieman"
A full economic boycott would also mean not going to games next season, until they leave.

All good carrying out the threat of not renewing your season ticket, but if the Newbury lot are still in charge come August, you'll have to not buy matchday tickets to make your threat worthwhile

The main economic artery through the close season is the merchandise sales, pre season ticket (early bird) sales etc. It is this activity that basically pays the wages of the staff without the gate receipts.

Whilst I agree wholeheartedly with boycotting the above, I strongly disagree with SiPi with regards to actually boycotting actual matches
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Sunday, March 18, 2007, 21:23:00 »

I wont be boycotting and I think the idea stinks.

/
W56196272
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Sunday, March 18, 2007, 21:24:17 »

Nor will I YR
pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Sunday, March 18, 2007, 21:25:16 »

I really want to purchase some merchandise as a gift for a friend when I return home in May. And some for myself, might I add.

I have now decided to forego such activity until the vermin that run this club have been eradicated.

Anyone want some Columbus Crew shirts instead? (Not the yellow ones though  Wink )

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Sunday, March 18, 2007, 21:25:22 »

a boycott would certainly hit home hard but clearly it wont get everyones backing.YET!!!!!!
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Sunday, March 18, 2007, 21:26:38 »

Quote from: "coxernator"
I really want to purchase some merchandise as a gift for a friend when I return home in May. And some for myself, might I add.

I have now decided to forego such activity until the vermin that run this club have been eradicated.

Anyone want some Columbus Crew shirts instead? (Not the yellow ones though  Wink )

Yes please coxy

could you pop one in the suitcase and ill meet up with you for that beer in May
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #28 on: Sunday, March 18, 2007, 21:29:23 »

Quote from: "Fred Elliot"
Quote from: "simon pieman"

The main economic artery through the close season is the merchandise sales, pre season ticket (early bird) sales etc. It is this activity that basically pays the wages of the staff without the gate receipts.

Whilst I agree wholeheartedly with boycotting the above, I strongly disagree with SiPi with regards to actually boycotting actual matches

I am not calling for a boycott or saying people should boycott if they don't want to. Just that if you're not going to renew your season ticket and then go to games it's hardly doing the club out of money.

I know about timing etc. but I don't think we'll see that many people not renewing their season tickets for it to be a factor. Then when they turn up on match day it won't really make a difference. That was the point I was making.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Sunday, March 18, 2007, 21:32:06 »

I know Si

but if people left it until the last minute until renewing (if they intend to that is) then that would impose serious cashflow problems, and may force the issue
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: