Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 ... 93   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Managerial Merry-go-round 2023-2024: they come and go  (Read 234839 times)
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #720 on: Tuesday, July 4, 2023, 21:52:18 »

Just when you thought that this league couldn’t be any more of a circus…
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #721 on: Wednesday, July 5, 2023, 06:13:50 »

Club places academy director in interim charge whilst searching for a first team manager so someone with knowledge of the club can keep things ticking over during an important part of the season

How is that a circus?

Things get better but they never get good
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #722 on: Wednesday, July 5, 2023, 06:15:22 »

I guess it’s no surprise FGR were the first ones to take the plunge
ThreeDrawsMentality

Ignore
« Reply #723 on: Wednesday, July 5, 2023, 06:22:03 »

Club places academy director in interim charge whilst searching for a first team manager so someone with knowledge of the club can keep things ticking over during an important part of the season

How is that a circus?
Absolutely this.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #724 on: Wednesday, July 5, 2023, 06:24:51 »

How is that a circus?

….because it’s a clown academy rather than a football academy
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #725 on: Wednesday, July 5, 2023, 06:29:54 »

How is that a circus?

I guess it's not an appointment deliberately designed to create a circus, as you say take gender out and it's a completely normal thing for a football club to do. But obviously it's going to attract an absolute ton of media attention whether they want it or not.
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #726 on: Wednesday, July 5, 2023, 06:30:03 »

Loving the “woker than thou” pearl clutching here.

Why is it a circus?

“Media circus” (noun - Informal):
A period of frenetic media coverage of an event or person.
"the case rapidly became a media circus"

If you can’t see that the first female managerial appointment is going to have this effect then frankly I give up.

So desperate to play the woke “why should it?!” “#HerGameToo” card you can’t even see the obvious point I’m making.
ThreeDrawsMentality

Ignore
« Reply #727 on: Wednesday, July 5, 2023, 06:34:07 »

Loving the “woker than thou” pearl clutching here.

Why is it a circus?

“Media circus” (noun - Informal):
A period of frenetic media coverage of an event or person.
"the case rapidly became a media circus"

If you can’t see that the first female managerial appointment is going to have this effect then frankly I give up.

So desperate to play the woke “why should it?!” “#HerGameToo” card you can’t even see the obvious point I’m making.
Of the current staff FGR have though, she is the most senior and qualified. They have no members of staff in the senior team as they've all left so have gone for the person in charge of the Academy. If they had skipped past her to then select a more junior Male to be the caretaker, then that's a whole other issue in itself. The situation in isolation is nothing to do with the 'woke' term you love to throw about, it's simply choosing the most senior person to be the caretaker manager for the brief time before they appoint someone from Brentford B inevitably.
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #728 on: Wednesday, July 5, 2023, 06:40:03 »

I’m not disputing any of that (other than the claim that I “love” throwing any terms around.)

Question: has this gained more or less national media attention than the average appointment of an interim manager in L2?
Family at War

Midfield Maestro

Ignore
« Reply #729 on: Wednesday, July 5, 2023, 06:59:41 »

FGr have nothing to loose she is qualified and on a winner - can't be worse than Dunc
Mr Stevens

Ignore
« Reply #730 on: Wednesday, July 5, 2023, 07:32:31 »

The Manageress is coming true!

Take your chips and fuck off home.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #731 on: Wednesday, July 5, 2023, 08:23:48 »

Smacks of Vince grabbing more media coverage. Got to be sorry for her being used. If their Academy Manager had been a man I’m certain a senior player would have been put in interim charge.
ThreeDrawsMentality

Ignore
« Reply #732 on: Wednesday, July 5, 2023, 08:26:26 »

Smacks of Vince grabbing more media coverage. Got to be sorry for her being used. If their Academy Manager had been a man I’m certain a senior player would have been put in interim charge.
For their previous 2 caretaker managers, The Academy Manager was used (Jimmy Ball and Scott Bartlett), so they've followed the same process for the third time in a row.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #733 on: Wednesday, July 5, 2023, 08:28:08 »

Have they got many players there with a UEFA pro licence who have been within the club hierarchy for 4+ years

For their previous 2 caretaker managers, The Academy Manager was used (Jimmy Ball and Scott Bartlett), so they've followed the same process for the third time in a row.

Ah but they both had a cock, entirely different!
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #734 on: Wednesday, July 5, 2023, 08:37:17 »

Of course it’s different. Both of those had experience of men’s senior football. Not that I know, but I expect coaching kids is vastly different to coaching professional footballers - especially when you have zero experience of it.
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 ... 93   Go Up
Print
Jump to: