Pages: 1 ... 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 ... 76   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New board press conference thread  (Read 158233 times)
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #960 on: Sunday, March 24, 2013, 16:57:54 »

On a slightly unrelated note, I read on Twitter that Watkins was at the game yesterday and noted a couple of people describing him as an "STFC legend".

Can someone please explain to me how he is comparable with, for instance, Don Rogers?

edit: aside from never getting mud on his kit
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #961 on: Sunday, March 24, 2013, 17:00:28 »

edit: aside from never getting mud on his kit

Damn it.........

He was at the game and he did get introduced to reasonably warm applause.

Legend is a bit strong, but he was approachable and open and whenever he opened his mouth gave an impression of professionalism and that that he knew what he was doing!
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #962 on: Sunday, March 24, 2013, 17:11:37 »

Re: Nick Watkins

I thought he did a great job, he was always approachable and would try to help out in any way.

If you contacted him over something club related he would get back to you, even if it was to say that he didn't have an answer.

The club did seem much more professionally run with him there than it was before (and I'm afraid to say) and since.

That said, the idea that he is a STFC Legend is frankly bonkers.

Would be interesting to see what people think gives someone legendary status, number of games, important moments (Turbo's two goals against the scum or Invincible's goal that kept us up for instance). Or is it just something that can't be defined
fatbasher

« Reply #963 on: Sunday, March 24, 2013, 17:42:15 »

I understand one of our illustrious new board members is guzzling booze at a rate of knots without paying a penny. "I'm a director don't you know"
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #964 on: Sunday, March 24, 2013, 17:43:34 »

I understand that there are a lot of spurious rumours floating around.
BruceChatwin

Ignore
« Reply #965 on: Sunday, March 24, 2013, 18:32:10 »

The new board had a meeting with the supporters club hierarchy yesterday morning before the match where they were told the reason we are still under the embargo is because the money men won't put any money in until the Di Canio situation is sorted out.

Whether true or not, your post has got me thinking.

I think the money men are getting somewhat forgotten in all that's happening as the fans search for the most visible scapegoat to blame for a situation that threatens to derail our chances of promotion.

All the real power in getting us out of the embargo still lies with these anonymous money men, of whom Jed and co. are only the visible mouthpiece.

We can (and I have) criticise Jed and co. for their lack of communication and transparency, but one possibility, in terms of this issue, is that Jed and co. don't really have much more of an idea of what's going to happen than we do. They are on the face of it in a very difficult position at the moment in being subject both to the whim of these backers in the amount of funds they're willing to release and the ire of the fans in fronting up for these backers when things go wrong.

I think most of us on gut instinct after listening to/ meeting Jed and co. believe they have good intentions, albeit we also believe there remain question marks over their competence and business acumen. I think they're probably the kind of people who enjoy the idea of running a football club, especially with the social side and all that goes with it, and their motives for being here are not much more complex than that.

The big question remains over the intentions of the unknown 'business' backers who have selected Jed and co. to front the consortium for them: what are they hoping to gain out of putting money into a football club, why do they think they can achieve this at Swindon and what is their reason for remaining anonymous?

We need to redirect our focus and concerns away from Jed and co. and back towards these background figures who are providing/ currently perhaps not providing the necessary funds to get us out of this mess.
« Last Edit: Sunday, March 24, 2013, 18:34:27 by BruceChatwin » Logged
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #966 on: Sunday, March 24, 2013, 19:57:42 »

Notts fan on FF:

Peter Trembling one of the guys who scammed us with the whole Munto fiasco was spotted drinking with your supporters. I do hope he has nothing to do with your clubs Hmmm...

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #967 on: Sunday, March 24, 2013, 20:55:14 »

Notts fan on FF:

Christ, now we're giving credence to the random comments of fans of other clubs? This is getting worse.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #968 on: Sunday, March 24, 2013, 21:09:01 »

Ha ha, that site is a bigger mongfest than thisis. pretty much all utter wankers on there.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #969 on: Sunday, March 24, 2013, 21:10:42 »

Peter Trembling has links with Swindon.  His brother, who I have known for years, lives here.  My Mrs is his cleaner.  Chubbs knows him too.

I did mention this a few years back when all of the Munto shit was kicking off.

Just thought I would mention it again.
« Last Edit: Sunday, March 24, 2013, 21:13:46 by Berniman » Logged

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #970 on: Sunday, March 24, 2013, 21:12:21 »

I retract my comment!
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #971 on: Sunday, March 24, 2013, 21:12:59 »

Been years since I posted on here but with all the bickering on here thought I'd post what I know.
The new board had a meeting with the supporters club hierarchy yesterday morning before the match where they were told the reason we are still under the embargo is because the money men won't put any money in until the Di Canio situation is sorted out. So this would suggest the £1.2m is yet to be pumped into the club and basically confirms the 4 board members have no funds themselves.
Whether this is the true reason, one of many reasons or something made up to buy them a period of grace only time will tell I guess.
Assuming this is true my main concerns are why this is such an issue for the new money men and where this actually leaves the new board if they don't actually have access to any funds. With the potential legal issues with the Di Canio case this could drag on for months and then would it impact on our summer dealings as well?

In my opinion the new board need to come clean, put all their cards on the table and regain some credibility otherwise people will just make up more and more conspiracy theories.

This post sounds much more likely to me than the majority of the other versions that have been posted

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #972 on: Sunday, March 24, 2013, 21:13:37 »

Christ, now we're giving credence to the random comments of fans of other clubs? This is getting worse.

I've done nothing of the sort.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #973 on: Sunday, March 24, 2013, 21:20:19 »

I retract my comment!

Before the Munto Fiasco, Peter Trembling was well respected at Everton who he worked for, for quite a while.  I believe he worked on promoting the club internationally, in particular the middle east.

I think he gave up his job at Everton to do the Notts County thing, and I believe that he was suckered in to become the public face of the consortium.  I think he believed it was Kosher, along with a lot of other businessmen and the majority of the Notts fanbase.

Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #974 on: Sunday, March 24, 2013, 21:21:53 »

I would just like to state that I am not representing PT here, just saying what I think I know, if you catch my drift!  Cheesy

Pages: 1 ... 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 ... 76   Go Up
Print
Jump to: