Pages: 1 ... 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 ... 76   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New board press conference thread  (Read 158302 times)
Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #945 on: Saturday, March 23, 2013, 18:11:19 »

I currently think the board look a bunch of clowns and no good for the clubs long term future. No real evidence to back this up, just my gut feeling. This view could and hopefully will change for a more positive outlook in time, but for now that's where I am.

My thinking is exactly the same.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #946 on: Saturday, March 23, 2013, 20:00:28 »

In all honesty I don't think there is a single 'happy clapper' on here. There's plenty of people who at the moment are backing the board, probably as a judgemental decision rather than through any nous or actual information. There's nothing wrong with that and I genuinely wish I was in that camp at present. Unfortunately at the moment I would label myself as one of the conspiracy theorists purely because there's far more conjecture & rumour to discuss than actual fact. & for as long as that remains the case the 'conspiracy theorist' camp will continue to grow. Fingers crossed for some good news in the next few days or so!!

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
[email protected]

Want to change my name as this email doesn't exist

Ignore
« Reply #947 on: Saturday, March 23, 2013, 21:15:34 »

Unfortunatly, the old board were very good at engaging with fans and telling us what was happening, but the new board haven't YET been that forthcoming.  I would like to think this is because of legitimate reasons as they bought the club right at the business end of the season, had issues with the mad Italian, being under M'Bongo etc.

Hopefully, there will be some kind of "fans forum" as soon as the season finishes where they can tell us exactly what has been going on and what their plans for the future are, but for the time being, let's focus on the remaining 7 (possibly 10) games of the season and push for promotion!
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #948 on: Saturday, March 23, 2013, 23:26:13 »

I'm not sure that I'm completely gloom and doom yet, but I wouldn't say wanting some answers and being concerned is unexpected right now.

Even taking the board and what they've said at face value, there's still more than enough gaps in their upfront teeth to think, if not meth addict, then at least had one too many brawls.

Stuff like the unknown backers, lack of plans, school project like press conference (and dave on the end will be in charge of getting stuff done from stuff), breaking their own deadlines on the embargo, is enough for people to reasonably question either motives or competence.

For a lot of us I guess it's a complete reversal from 6 (shit that long?) years ago when Fitton came out saying all the right things, apparently being open, and having the friendlier face of a distorted Paul McCartney.

It's not only that though, some of the unanswered questions about the running of the club, particularly the anonymous investors, just seem like a massive red flag. There's history in recent years which indicates that this shit just don't turn out good.

This isn't ignoring the information, "9/11 was an inside job by aliens", conspiracy shit. This is people filling in the gaps with experience of not only the recent-ish history of STFC, but also that of other football clubs.

So I guess what I'm saying is that we don't know what their false teeth are made of but there's a whiff on their breath. Or something.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #949 on: Saturday, March 23, 2013, 23:32:04 »

Oh jesus, Ben has made a well reasoned post. Somebody get him some wine, quick.
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #950 on: Saturday, March 23, 2013, 23:52:46 »

Oh jesus, Ben has made a well reasoned post. Somebody get him some wine, quick.

It's been a while I admit. Don't worry, I ran to the shop and got another bottle of cheap red and have chain smoked a few to get over the shock.

dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #951 on: Sunday, March 24, 2013, 12:22:53 »

To be clear, I don't have a problem with people having doubts about the current owners. I've got doubts of my own to be honest, mainly relating to their competence. Like Arriba my overall impression of them is that they look a little out of their depth, and that can be as bad for the club as a board whose motivations are questionable.

What I have an issue with is the small number of posters that repeatedly make posts that stgate as fact that the new owners are a bunch of conmen out to rip off the club; have nothing to back that up, and then getting arsey when anyone asks them to explain what it is they think the new owners might be up to.

I'm still of the opinion that buying a 3rd tier football club with no property assets is a pretty fucking unlikely money making proposition. Particularly when you've had to stick £1.2m on deposit to secure it.

People seem to be suggesting that they're just looking to run the club as some sort of "long firm" con, (basically taking out as much as they can over a period of months or years, whilst trying to avoid paying bills). But a football club is a pretty poor choice for such a plan, as it has a customer base that pays way too much attention to what its up to; and a football club that's already been in administration twice, and recently threatened it again, even worse, as the league are keeping too close an eye on it.

The slightly shambolic nature of their approach, and the lack of a developed plan, makes me even more sure that we're looking at amateurism rather than rip off artists. Conmen are a lot slicker than this, they'd be promising fans the earth at this stage, like the two cowboys who got hold of the club when the Brady takeover fell apart, who kept dangling the front garden developement in front of us, whilst running up bills being helicoptered to away games.

That's not to say there's nothing to worry about, a well meaning incompetent can do plenty of damage.

..never go back.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #952 on: Sunday, March 24, 2013, 12:26:45 »

To be clear, I don't have a problem with people having doubts about the current owners. I've got doubts of my own to be honest, mainly relating to their competence. Like Arriba my overall impression of them is that they look a little out of their depth, and that can be as bad for the club as a board whose motivations are questionable.

What I have an issue with is the small number of posters that repeatedly make posts that stgate as fact that the new owners are a bunch of conmen out to rip off the club; have nothing to back that up, and then getting arsey when anyone asks them to explain what it is they think the new owners might be up to.

I'm still of the opinion that buying a 3rd tier football club with no property assets is a pretty fucking unlikely money making proposition. Particularly when you've had to stick £1.2m on deposit to secure it.

People seem to be suggesting that they're just looking to run the club as some sort of "long firm" con, (basically taking out as much as they can over a period of months or years, whilst trying to avoid paying bills). But a football club is a pretty poor choice for such a plan, as it has a customer base that pays way too much attention to what its up to; and a football club that's already been in administration twice, and recently threatened it again, even worse, as the league are keeping too close an eye on it.

The slightly shambolic nature of their approach, and the lack of a developed plan, makes me even more sure that we're looking at amateurism rather than rip off artists. Conmen are a lot slicker than this, they'd be promising fans the earth at this stage, like the two cowboys who got hold of the club when the Brady takeover fell apart, who kept dangling the front garden developement in front of us, whilst running up bills being helicoptered to away games.

That's not to say there's nothing to worry about, a well meaning incompetent can do plenty of damage.

I could not have put it better myself
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #953 on: Sunday, March 24, 2013, 12:29:12 »

Spot on.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
red sheldon

Ignore
« Reply #954 on: Sunday, March 24, 2013, 13:23:18 »

I agree with all of this and I think as I tried to say a few pages ago, my worry is not that they are trying to rip the club off, its more that they don't know what to do, it's like half a dozen of us met up had a few drinks and thought I know, lets buy a club...

Ignore
« Reply #955 on: Sunday, March 24, 2013, 13:25:30 »

I agree with all of this and I think as I tried to say a few pages ago, my worry is not that they are trying to rip the club off, its more that they don't know what to do, it's like half a dozen of us met up had a few drinks and thought I know, lets buy a club...
   Yes
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #956 on: Sunday, March 24, 2013, 13:31:09 »

Absolutely this.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #957 on: Sunday, March 24, 2013, 13:44:05 »

To be clear, I don't have a problem with people having doubts about the current owners. I've got
<SNIP>

To be honest I think that's a pretty good post.

I do have a couple of additional wonderings, to which there is nothing to suggest wrongdoings or anything of the sort. If I put them now I'll try not to post on the matter again unless anything good/bad news comes out:
   - The £1.2M, I would like to know whether they put this in from their own pocket, or whether part of it came from existing club cash (e.g. Ritchie money, loan, etc). You'd expect this to be their own money. I'd also like to know what happens to it - presumably its as if it was in escrow and only dipped into if something needs paying (liked Si Pie's observations earlier)
    -Still a bit cautious of tentative links to Port Vale/Ameriturf/etc... Could all be a nasty co-incidence. Absolutely.
    - Bit worried that its just a quickly put together consortium with just about enough funds to get us to the end of the season (with Ritchie money). i.e. is there any real new money around? Better this than Black allowing us to go into admin I suppose.

We'll see how it plays out. From now I will try my utmoust to post no more until the next statement/transfer deadline day!
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #958 on: Sunday, March 24, 2013, 16:28:33 »

If we're all airing our concerns then here are mine:

- they have not spoken of any short or long term plan and when questioned at the press conference their answer was dismissive. Presumably they will have presented a plan to the FL, so why not share it with us?
- the previous statement left me with the distinct impression of being worded as a subtle "stfu we're dealing with it".
- who are the anonymous backers, the source of money and what are the roles of Martin King and Gregory Hall?

Simple as that.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #959 on: Sunday, March 24, 2013, 16:44:02 »

Been years since I posted on here but with all the bickering on here thought I'd post what I know.
The new board had a meeting with the supporters club hierarchy yesterday morning before the match where they were told the reason we are still under the embargo is because the money men won't put any money in until the Di Canio situation is sorted out. So this would suggest the £1.2m is yet to be pumped into the club and basically confirms the 4 board members have no funds themselves.
Whether this is the true reason, one of many reasons or something made up to buy them a period of grace only time will tell I guess.
Assuming this is true my main concerns are why this is such an issue for the new money men and where this actually leaves the new board if they don't actually have access to any funds. With the potential legal issues with the Di Canio case this could drag on for months and then would it impact on our summer dealings as well?

In my opinion the new board need to come clean, put all their cards on the table and regain some credibility otherwise people will just make up more and more conspiracy theories.
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 ... 76   Go Up
Print
Jump to: