Pages: 1 ... 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 ... 76   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New board press conference thread  (Read 158236 times)
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #915 on: Saturday, March 23, 2013, 10:31:07 »

except when it's libelous (sp?)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #916 on: Saturday, March 23, 2013, 10:38:52 »

The 'conspiracy theorists' have just as much right to air their concerns as the 'happy clappers', especially when there is no communication forthcoming. This is a forum after all. If you don't like a particular comment I'm led to believe there's an ignore button on here somewhere.
That is very true but why are the "conspiricy theorists" shouting down any positivity at all?

The faintest smidgeon of optimism or tolerance is shouted down so much but anyone who is accepting of the situation is basically told they are a sheep or a fucking "mong" (thats for Red Socks).

I choose not to use the ignore button because I don't believe there is a need for it, after all its a forum for discussion and if you press ignore then you are as intolerant as the people you are trying to ignore.

Just my opinion like.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
BruceChatwin

Ignore
« Reply #917 on: Saturday, March 23, 2013, 10:44:00 »

It's getting fucking tedious these 1-2 exchanges across these threads between supposed 'happy clappers' and 'conspiracy theorists'.

Not every poster who feels negative about the board in the absence of any forthcoming information from them explaining all the outstanding questions that have been brought up/ we feel they should be able to answer is a conspiracy theorist.

Equally not every poster who remains positive about the board in the absence of anything to suggest they are in it only for their own personal gain is a 'happy clapper.'

Ignorance is a vacuum into which it's possible to project both an optimistic and a pessimistic belief equally reasonably. There should be room for both shades of opinion without being shouted down for being a 'conspiracy theorist' or a 'happy clapper.' If you can't engage with the other persons points and have to resort to tedious and repetitive attacks on the person's character then you shouldn't bother engaging at all.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #918 on: Saturday, March 23, 2013, 10:47:16 »

That is very true but why are the "conspiricy theorists" shouting down any positivity at all?

The faintest smidgeon of optimism or tolerance is shouted down so much but when anyone who is accepting of the situation is basically told they are a sheep or a fucking "mong" (thats for Red Socks).

I choose not to use the ignore button because I don't believe there is a need for it, after all its a forum for discussion and if you press ignore then you are as intolerant as the people you are trying to ignore.

Just my opinion like.

I know what you're saying JJ, but it's the same the other way around ie the more optimistic and tolerant are shouting down the more negative.  In fact everyone is shouting down each other and at the moment there's three different camps:

Suspicious and untrusting
Optimistic and tolerant
Somewhere in the middle of the two

It probably would be better if we all just agreed to differ until the full facts became known and stopped arguing amongst ourselves.  It's starting to become quite tiresome if I'm honest with the same arguments bouncing backwards and forwards.

FWIW I'm in the suspicious and untrusting camp at present, but then I can be a right miserable cow at times.  I wish I could be more optimistic and tolerant  Smiley

Edit:  Bruce beat me to it!
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #919 on: Saturday, March 23, 2013, 10:50:14 »

It's getting fucking tedious these 1-2 exchanges across these threads between supposed 'happy clappers' and 'conspiracy theorists'.

Not every poster who feels negative about the board in the absence of any forthcoming information from them explaining all the outstanding questions that have been brought up/ we feel they should be able to answer is a conspiracy theorist.

Equally not every poster who remains positive about the board in the absence of anything to suggest they are in it only for their own personal gain is a 'happy clapper.'

Ignorance is a vacuum into which it's possible to project both an optimistic and a pessimistic belief equally reasonably. There should be room for both shades of opinion without being shouted down for being a 'conspiracy theorist' or a 'happy clapper.' If you can't engage with the other persons points and have to resort to tedious and repetitive attacks on the person's character then you shouldn't bother engaging at all.
I'm just hoping for the best, concentrating on the football and praying that we do end up getting promoted. I'm not looking beyond that right now.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #920 on: Saturday, March 23, 2013, 10:57:38 »

The problem does lie with the new board, theres no question about that, their communication is the crux of the problem, or more to the point lack of it. Part of that was down to the NDA but that has now finished so they need to engage a little more openly with fans.

There MAY genuinely be an unpaid bill dating back to 1957, that does also sound like absolute bullshit.....who knows? but if they were more open and honest about why it was not paid before and who exactly it was to then people would not shout "bullshit".

I have spoken to 3 seperate people at the club or connected to the club (one in fairly high position at the club) and they are all still geuninely positive about it all and state that the new board are "cosher" and thats good enough for me.....until proven otherwise. (of course they too could be told bullshit but only time willl tell on that.

And that draws a line under my comments about it on here.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
kerry red

« Reply #921 on: Saturday, March 23, 2013, 10:58:48 »

At what stage does it become apparent one way or another which way the club will be run?

Unless I have missed it (which is entirely possible) has the new board actually made a statement about what their vision for the club is (will be)?

Nobody can argue that this new era has got off to a good start.

Personally, I am more bothered about what the long term future holds than getting promotion - it feels like all the joy and excitement an end of season promotion campaign should be has been sucked out and replaced by a nagging doubt that everything will go tits up off the pitch.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #922 on: Saturday, March 23, 2013, 11:01:53 »

Conspiracy Theorists v Happy Clappers - could we have a snap poll?

During last autumn's embargo, the Board put out the Troy/Collins transfer tribunal explanation. The embargo caused quite a flap (Wray lost his position) but you would have to say the communication of the problem was clear and plausible.

As it happens it took a month to resolve and extra equity did the trick.  Even if it had not been sorted we would have been reasonably well informed.

Nearly two months on, we have endured various explanations for the embargo from the fit and proper persons test for the new directors being awaited, to possible employment law litigation, to debts going back to 1950 plus "almost certainly be resolved after the weekend" predictions.  

I hope it isn't libellous to suggest that early signs are that the new Board's communication skills are not matching up to the previous Board's
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #923 on: Saturday, March 23, 2013, 11:06:46 »

The problem does lie with the new board, theres no question about that, their communication is the crux of the problem, or more to the point lack of it. Part of that was down to the NDA but that has now finished so they need to engage a little more openly with fans.

There MAY genuinely be an unpaid bill dating back to 1957, that does also sound like absolute bullshit.....who knows? but if they were more open and honest about why it was not paid before and who exactly it was to then people would not shout "bullshit".

I have spoken to 3 seperate people at the club or connected to the club (one in fairly high position at the club) and they are all still geuninely positive about it all and state that the new board are "cosher" and thats good enough for me.....until proven otherwise. (of course they too could be told bullshit but only time willl tell on that.

And that draws a line under my comments about it on here.

Kosher....cosher...perhaps not the best of imagery.  Cosher McCoy  Hmmm
kerry red

« Reply #924 on: Saturday, March 23, 2013, 11:08:52 »

Let's be honest.

All the perceived cock-ups may be down to the fact that none of the current newcomers have the faintest idea of how to run a football club.

There may be no sinister motives at all - just a huge dose of naivety and lack of knowledge/experience.

If this is the case I would presume/expect people to cut them some slack until/unless it becomes obvious their motives are less than pure
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #925 on: Saturday, March 23, 2013, 11:09:39 »

Different sides of the same coin. From the facts we know I'd say I'm overly pessimistic, just some are overly optimistic.

I think its fair enough to debate whether the board have thus far proven financial input or not though. That doesn't mean we are right, wrong or anything really, its just talk.
GoSWINDON
Making the best out of the little I have.

going for a poo see you in two

Ignore
« Reply #926 on: Saturday, March 23, 2013, 11:16:12 »

a quote from the great film Spinal Tap ' money talks and bullshit walks ' , until the embargo is explained properly or settled properly i think us as fans have every right to be a bit suspicious , that doesn't mean we are against the new board , but the ball is in their hands .

If I Don't See You Through  Week, I'll See You Through Window
Flashheart

« Reply #927 on: Saturday, March 23, 2013, 11:18:24 »

So who is overly optimistic? You've got one side giving it doom and gloom saying the board are going to rip us of and have no money etc. Is anybody on here saying everything is wonderful and that the new board are ace?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #928 on: Saturday, March 23, 2013, 11:22:29 »

So who is overly optimistic? You've got one side giving it doom and gloom saying the board are going to rip us of and have no money etc. Is anybody on here saying everything is wonderful and that the new board are ace?

I think stating the board have put £1.2m into the club and that the playing budget will be 'the same'* is optimistic for the moment. Others may disagree.

* yes this came from the board.

Its a bit pointless to carry on the argument, but we can if you like. I can go and search for all the things I found a little optimistic ??
Flashheart

« Reply #929 on: Saturday, March 23, 2013, 11:40:36 »

I'll tell you what, I'll be delighted to leave it when people stop it with the happy-clapping shit. It's irritating
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 ... 76   Go Up
Print
Jump to: