Pages: 1 ... 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 ... 76   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New board press conference thread  (Read 158180 times)
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #900 on: Saturday, March 23, 2013, 00:00:47 »

I think Diamandes did a sterling job of making the most out of a club worth fuck all

Probably wouldn't have been worth fronting up £1.2 million for though would it

..never go back.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #901 on: Saturday, March 23, 2013, 00:11:13 »

Probably wouldn't have been worth fronting up £1.2 million for though would it

SSW would have fronted it Wink
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #902 on: Saturday, March 23, 2013, 01:26:53 »

I got a feeling the 1.2m is not new investment.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #903 on: Saturday, March 23, 2013, 07:58:55 »

I got a feeling the 1.2m is not new investment.

Huh? Do you mean its a refundable deposit that will never see the clubs accounts, or that the club has used its own assets (Ritchie money, ST money) to put it up??

dalumpimunki may be ultimately right, but there has been fuck all clear evidence that the new consortium have spent any of their own money so far.
Flashheart

« Reply #904 on: Saturday, March 23, 2013, 08:10:48 »

dalumpimunki may be ultimately right, but there has been fuck all clear evidence that the new consortium have spent any of their own money so far.

There's also fuck all clear evidence that they're here to screw the club over, that doesn't stop the conspiracy theorists though.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #905 on: Saturday, March 23, 2013, 08:32:47 »

That's what "may ultimately be right" meant.

Lumps was asserting in this thread money had been spent, just saying there is no evidence of this. That's all.
manc_red

Ignore
« Reply #906 on: Saturday, March 23, 2013, 08:44:16 »

There's also fuck all clear evidence that they're here to screw the club over, that doesn't stop the conspiracy theorists though.

If you're waiting for incontrovertible evidence before you allow yourself to question their intentions then I'm afraid by then it'd probably already be too late. Obviously there are a range of possibilities in terms of what their intentions are, we just don't know. I certainly wouldn't rule out them being an upstanding bunch of chaps who want to see the club flourish and have the backing to do it, but on the other hand only an idiot with a very short memory would rule out the opposite possibility.

For what it's worth they still get the benefit of the doubt from me - just. They handled the Kmac appointment well and could easily have lumped 5% on STs but didn't, I'm sort of hanging on to that at the minute. Even so, there's a distinct whiff of bullshit in the air and I'll be fucked if I'm going believe every club statement or tweet from Jed without questioning it, if that makes me a 'conspiracy theorist' so be it.
« Last Edit: Saturday, March 23, 2013, 08:56:57 by manc_red » Logged
Flashheart

« Reply #907 on: Saturday, March 23, 2013, 09:10:22 »

If you're waiting for incontrovertible evidence before you allow yourself to question their intentions

Not subscribing to the conspiracy theories does not mean I believe all I am being told.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #908 on: Saturday, March 23, 2013, 09:12:38 »

Not subscribing to the conspiracy theories does not mean I believe all I am being told.

Exactly mate

I will make my judgement based on facts not conjecture

I may well have to wait a while, but until then I will keep my powder dry
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #909 on: Saturday, March 23, 2013, 09:23:58 »

1.2m is the exact figure that was owed to Black and Arbib (which was secured on the lease). This debenture still hasn't been satisfied according to companies house. Just a hunch that the FL wanted assurances it wouldn't be withdrawn.

Of course, that doesn't mean new investment hasn't happened, but the 1.2m figure is quite the coincidence.

put that in your conspiracy pipe and smoke it.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #910 on: Saturday, March 23, 2013, 09:33:38 »

I found out the other day that all transfer fees are paid via a FL pool account rather than direct from club to club. Maybe after we reneged on a few payments (Collins, Martin etc.) the FL have asked us to stump up the £1.2 million in case future payments get triggered?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #911 on: Saturday, March 23, 2013, 10:13:26 »

Exactly mate

I will make my judgement based on facts not conjecture

I may well have to wait a while, but until then I will keep my powder dry
Exactly my take on it mate, but yet we still get called being "happy clappers" for having tolerance of the new owners from many on here.

If or when it goes tits up then I will be up in arms, as it is we know fuck all so why get your knickers in a twist like many on here are.

I am as concerned as any other fan but I am not going to become a unhappy flapper like Chris_STFC is.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
BruceChatwin

Ignore
« Reply #912 on: Saturday, March 23, 2013, 10:22:01 »

Maybe after we reneged on a few payments (Collins, Martin etc.) the FL have asked us to stump up the £1.2 million in case future payments get triggered?

I think this is what it was generally assumed the money was being demanded to cover, but this

1.2m is the exact figure that was owed to Black and Arbib (which was secured on the lease). This debenture still hasn't been satisfied according to companies house. Just a hunch that the FL wanted assurances it wouldn't be withdrawn.

Of course, that doesn't mean new investment hasn't happened, but the 1.2m figure is quite the coincidence.

put that in your conspiracy pipe and smoke it.

Is certainly an interesting coincidence and possible explanation for why the apparent figure should be so specifically set at 1.2 million. It does seem a very odd number to arbitrarily decide upon as the correct amount for covering potential future transfers/ wages etc.  Hmmm

Flashheart

« Reply #913 on: Saturday, March 23, 2013, 10:22:33 »

Exactly my take on it mate, but yet we still get called being "happy clappers" for having tolerance of the new owners from many on here.

Going off topic slightly, but it's a common thing among conspiracy theorists.

If you don't believe the guvverment did 9/11, for example, then you believe the official line and are a gullible sheep. In this case you can swap 'sheep' for 'happy clappers'.
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #914 on: Saturday, March 23, 2013, 10:23:59 »

The 'conspiracy theorists' have just as much right to air their concerns as the 'happy clappers', especially when there is no communication forthcoming. This is a forum after all. If you don't like a particular comment I'm led to believe there's an ignore button on here somewhere.

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 ... 76   Go Up
Print
Jump to: