Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 ... 76   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New board press conference thread  (Read 158181 times)
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #765 on: Thursday, March 21, 2013, 18:02:09 »

Haven't we been into administration and CVA twice since that date when creditors all have to declare debts to the administrator by a certain date, can you claim for a debt if you have failed to do this?  

A very valid point. The CVA (both of them) would've indeed cleared debts to any creditors, whether claimed or not, once repaid.

Footballing debts aren't included, so this once again leads me to the conclusion that it's a) the Football League screwing us over or b) a steaming pile of bullshit.
Flashheart

« Reply #766 on: Thursday, March 21, 2013, 18:03:19 »

Flashheart
Yes you can transfer money instantly if you wish

So if you were handed an unexpected bill for 30k, you'd just pop to the bank and pay it?
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #767 on: Thursday, March 21, 2013, 18:05:25 »

A very valid point. The CVA (both of them) would've indeed cleared debts to any creditors, whether claimed or not, once repaid.

Footballing debts aren't included, so this once again leads me to the conclusion that it's a) the Football League screwing us over or b) a steaming pile of bullshit.
Indeed.

So which is more likely?

Despite us all demanding a statement, the one we have has left us no wiser to the situation and we are still completely in the dark over the identities of the mystery investors, the roles of King and Hall and their actual plans (let's not forget their press conference was horribly amateur).

I've given them the benefit of the doubt. It's more or less run out for me.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #768 on: Thursday, March 21, 2013, 18:06:10 »

What a stupid fucking statement, if they wanted to make fans even more worried about the situation, they've pulled it off.
We've had a period of time at the club where all we've had to talk about is the football. Normal service is now resumed. ...

It's All Good..............
moredonboy

Ignore
« Reply #769 on: Thursday, March 21, 2013, 18:06:33 »

Flasheart - I could do it now - online - how much would you like - just give me your bank account and sort code number!
Seriously it might take a few hours but I pay my bills this way  
Flashheart

« Reply #770 on: Thursday, March 21, 2013, 18:11:58 »

Bet we owe Shrewsbury 30k. Turner would love that.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #771 on: Thursday, March 21, 2013, 18:13:01 »

Debts that go back to 1957 . . . complete and utter bullshit.  My understanding is that all debts have to be proven within a period of time . . . . 7 years?Huh?
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #772 on: Thursday, March 21, 2013, 18:14:14 »

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!! This is fucking hilarious. Seriously, all I've been doing throughout this thread is laughing. Where the fuck do you begin??
A genuine question for those out there who have some expertise in the legal sector (& I know there's 1 or 2 on here). Is there an independent regulator who is responsible for checking the accuracy of the FL's due diligence process? Because rushed or not, they need to make sure that they have covered every angle when doing so & this to me does not look like a good job??!!

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #773 on: Thursday, March 21, 2013, 18:18:18 »

Flasheart - I could do it now - online - how much would you like - just give me your bank account and sort code number!
Seriously it might take a few hours but I pay my bills this way  

I think most banks have a limit with what could be transferred without prior knowledge, usually 48 hours?  However, I get your point and if they knew last week they've had plenty of time now  unless as Paul says they're struggling to scrape it together?

I'm not sure I've got anything to add to the points already made.

Dear me, the farce that is Swindon Town FC seems to escalate by the day.  How long have they had to think about a statement and that's the utter shit we get.  I too am about to join the Trust.
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #774 on: Thursday, March 21, 2013, 18:21:27 »

I think what FH is saying is that although the actual transfer would be instant, they might need to make sure that it is actually owed... otherwise, i'd try my luck invoicing them for a couple of grand!

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #775 on: Thursday, March 21, 2013, 18:21:50 »

I think it would do this thread some good if we put theory a) to one side. Blaming the FL is convenient, but it's not really likely that they have a vendetta against STFC. They may have reasons to be cautious about our transactions, given our dismal trading history, but any reluctance to sanction our business will be based on evidence. Given the unthinkable consequences of a third admin, it may be they have our (and their) interests at heart more than Jed's mob do.

Blimey, what has it come to when I trust the FL's judgment ahead of our board's?

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Flashheart

« Reply #776 on: Thursday, March 21, 2013, 18:22:28 »

I think most banks have a limit with what could be transferred without prior knowledge, usually 48 hours?  However, I get your point and if they knew last week they've had plenty of time now  

If what Murrell said is true, they knew Monday at the earliest. He said he was confident the embargo would be lifted then so this would have surfaced on Monday or afterward.
Flashheart

« Reply #777 on: Thursday, March 21, 2013, 18:24:55 »

I think it would do this thread some good if we put theory a) to one side. Blaming the FL is convenient, but it's not really likely that they have a vendetta against STFC. They may have reasons to be cautious about our transactions, given our dismal trading history, but any reluctance to sanction our business will be based on evidence. Given the unthinkable consequences of a third admin, it may be they have our (and their) interests at heart more than Jed's mob do.

Blimey, what has it come to when I trust the FL's judgment ahead of our board's?

Could be as simple as some jobsworth being more thorough than usual. No vendetta needed.
JanTheMan

Ignore
« Reply #778 on: Thursday, March 21, 2013, 18:25:24 »

I won't keep hijacking this thread with plugs for the Trust, but I do think anyone concerned should join, and if possibly head to the AGM. They might not be able to provide all the answers, but you should find some common purpose.

http://www.truststfc.com/join/

Hello PWP

I'm going to join the trust (think I did the odd season in the mid 2000's), but there does seem to be a lot of info missing on the website.  Not a criticism as such, just worth updating if there's going to be a rush of new members.

Any idea how many members there are and what the current accounts are showing?

Cheers
« Last Edit: Thursday, March 21, 2013, 18:30:14 by JanTheMan » Logged
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #779 on: Thursday, March 21, 2013, 18:26:34 »

Could be as simple as some jobsworth being more thorough than usual. No vendetta needed.
The problem is that the FL won't comment on anything so we're taking our new board at face value who have so far said very little and what they have said has so far been inaccurate.

Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 ... 76   Go Up
Print
Jump to: