Pages: 1 ... 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 ... 76   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New board press conference thread  (Read 158185 times)
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #705 on: Thursday, March 21, 2013, 16:58:56 »

We'll probably find our we should have been under umbongo since 1957 and will be relegated one division for each signing we've made since then.

Surely the football pyramid doesn't go down that far...

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #706 on: Thursday, March 21, 2013, 16:59:05 »

1957 ??......HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!

Once again I find myself laughing for all the wrong reasons Roll Eyes
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #707 on: Thursday, March 21, 2013, 16:59:14 »

If this was a known debt, it would've been on previous accounts. I can therefore only assume that, if this claim is true, a creditor has 'discovered' an unpaid debt and is now trying to enforce it.

If someone hasn't called a debt for over 50 years I find it incredibly hard to believe that they would then try and enforce it. My vague understanding of law suggests that if a creditor had tried it on a we told them to do one, their only option would be to seek recompense through the courts. In this case, the Limitations Act says that an action can only be brought on a simple contract within 6 years of that contract.

Unless this is completely down to the Football League finding a piece of paper down the back of a filing cabinet and trying to have us sort it, I call a massive steaming pile of bullshit.
OrangeTransits

Ignore
« Reply #708 on: Thursday, March 21, 2013, 16:59:28 »

In 1921 the Third Division became the Third Division South, a division from which Swindon was never to be promoted or relegated, although it did have to apply for re-election at the end of the 1932–1933, 1955–1956 and 1956–1957 seasons.

We forgot to put a stamp on application form ......

You'll never take the Townend !!!!!!
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #709 on: Thursday, March 21, 2013, 16:59:38 »

Surely the football pyramid doesn't go down that far...

Apparently if you go down over 100 divisions you end up in the SPL.
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #710 on: Thursday, March 21, 2013, 17:00:51 »

Apparently if you go down over 100 divisions you end up in the SPL.

Cheesy Cheesy

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #711 on: Thursday, March 21, 2013, 17:01:14 »

Unless this is completely down to the Football League finding a piece of paper down the back of a filing cabinet and trying to have us sort it, I call a massive steaming pile of bullshit.
+1. And the Di Canio legal action thing too. As I said to someone else earlier on the same subject, they should really bag all these excuses and sell them to folk to use on their roses. Might help erode the financial issues and detract from the stink emanating around all this.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #712 on: Thursday, March 21, 2013, 17:02:19 »

Wait, what? 1957?!?

How many boards have we had since then? How many times has it been ok to carry on as usual without worrying about that particular debt. This smacks of bullshit, and I'm just struggling to work out where in the chain it's appeared. With the FL? Outgoing board? New Board? Oxford fan somewhere in the bureaucratic chain? I want to know how much it is too. Tuppence? Half a crown? £50? How do they charge us? Is it inflation adjusted? And who exactly do we owe? Who could we owe who still exists as company in 2013? Is it an individual? Do we pay the FL?

As for ex-staff suing us, well we were kind of expecting that...

Talk about putting our minds at rest by bringing up a thousand more questions. Well done new board. I'm glad you said something, but it's hardly the best press release in the world.
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #713 on: Thursday, March 21, 2013, 17:03:28 »

Sam Morshead ‏@SamMorshead_SA 2m
People focusing on wrong issue here. It's my understanding that 1957 & other long-term debts are around £30k and can be sorted fairly simply

Sam Morshead ‏@SamMorshead_SA 1m
That extra £30k-ish appears to have been found during due diligence made impossible previously due to necessary speed of takeover.
Flashheart

« Reply #714 on: Thursday, March 21, 2013, 17:03:40 »

Sam Morshead ‏@SamMorshead_SA 4m
People focusing on wrong issue here. It's my understanding that 1957 & other long-term debts are around £30k and can be sorted fairly simply
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #715 on: Thursday, March 21, 2013, 17:05:03 »

Sam Morshead ‏@SamMorshead_SA 1m
That extra £30k-ish appears to have been found during due diligence made impossible previously due to necessary speed of takeover.

So why wasn't it picked up before...under Fitton?

bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #716 on: Thursday, March 21, 2013, 17:05:42 »

Going to re-join the Trust. Was willing to give this new lot the benefit of the doubt but this latest statement beggars belief.
Swindon Please Win

Ignore
« Reply #717 on: Thursday, March 21, 2013, 17:05:48 »

If the debts is £30k, than this wait is laughably. That is ridiculous if true.
OrangeTransits

Ignore
« Reply #718 on: Thursday, March 21, 2013, 17:08:23 »

I'm out the townend and in the Arkells Saturday. Had enough of all this BS. Will be standing and singing throughout.

WTF is going on !! Please please tell us !!! WTF is going on. Anyone care to join me !!!

Anyone left in the Townend can swopp across the pitch at the end. Don't let the fuckers out till we get some propper answers ...

Or at last a few free pints :-) OOOH , and maybe a Curry ..................

You'll never take the Townend !!!!!!
WR5

Ignore
« Reply #719 on: Thursday, March 21, 2013, 17:09:32 »

If the debts is £30k, than this wait is laughably. That is ridiculous if true.

Thats the easy bit though, its the other part of the statement thats a problem

Pages: 1 ... 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 ... 76   Go Up
Print
Jump to: