Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 ... 76   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New board press conference thread  (Read 158297 times)
kerry red

« Reply #630 on: Thursday, March 21, 2013, 09:12:42 »

Surely, as PdC and his entourage resigned they are entitled to nothing as regards to their contracts.

Paying up to the end of the month maybe.

If he is claiming he had to resign due to some sort of agreement with the old board which they (in his eyes) broke, I can't believe an embargo would be imposed until a court case is heard.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #631 on: Thursday, March 21, 2013, 12:27:26 »

I'm also starting to wonder if Jed knew anything about Gregory being appointed to the board, it is believed that he is not the power behind the thrown (sp?) so I wonder if there is something or someone else at play that we are missing, perhaps the mystery money man / men
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #632 on: Thursday, March 21, 2013, 12:29:03 »

Throne.

You're welcome.
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #633 on: Thursday, March 21, 2013, 13:30:16 »

Surely, as PdC and his entourage resigned they are entitled to nothing as regards to their contracts.

Paying up to the end of the month maybe.

If he is claiming he had to resign due to some sort of agreement with the old board which they (in his eyes) broke, I can't believe an embargo would be imposed until a court case is heard.

Not strictly true... the calculated use of the word 'untenable' in a interview prior to his resignation leaves the door open to a claim of constructive dismissal - basically saying that the old board made it impossible for him to do his job and felt forced to resign or pushed out
kerry red

« Reply #634 on: Thursday, March 21, 2013, 13:34:38 »

But even if that is true surely a club cannot be put in embargo until a court has sorted it out - could be months.

Can't see it being anything to do with PdC personally - something more worrying than a disaffected ex-manager
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #635 on: Thursday, March 21, 2013, 13:35:34 »

But even if that is true surely a club cannot be put in embargo until a court has sorted it out - could be months.

Can't see it being anything to do with PdC personally - something more worrying than a disaffected ex-manager
if you read the FL regulations then they can enforce a transfer embargo on a club for pretty much any reason they damn well please
kerry red

« Reply #636 on: Thursday, March 21, 2013, 13:38:29 »

Then do you know of any other club that has been put in embargo because of a manager leaving - for whatever reason?

Sounds mighty crazy to me
Flashheart

« Reply #637 on: Thursday, March 21, 2013, 13:42:06 »

Then do you know of any other club that has been put in embargo because of a manager leaving - for whatever reason?

Sounds mighty crazy to me

I don't and maybe nobody else here does either, but that doesn't mean it hasn't happened. I imagine some clubs go into embargo and don't even tell anybody.

It's not exactly because of a manager leaving either though, is it? It is potentially because said manager is threatening legal action.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #638 on: Thursday, March 21, 2013, 13:44:42 »

I'm getting a bit tired of the word 'embargo' now.

I'm going to start reading it as 'mmm... bagel'. I really like bagels.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #639 on: Thursday, March 21, 2013, 13:44:54 »

Did PDC pay for some of the loans in the end? Could be he wants the money back.

Anyway, I don't think the reason why we are under an embargo is the important issue at the moment. All the Board need to do is tell the fans it is a complicated legal issue which is why we're under an embargo. That doesn't jeopodise anything.

Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #640 on: Thursday, March 21, 2013, 14:06:14 »

You are all missing the important point, which is "will M'Bargo be fit to play Saturday?"

Sorry, I'll get my coat
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #641 on: Thursday, March 21, 2013, 14:09:39 »

Did PDC pay for some of the loans in the end? Could be he wants the money back.

just empty rhetoric...
thepeoplesgame

Ignore
« Reply #642 on: Thursday, March 21, 2013, 14:10:29 »

I've read nothing beyond a paragraph of quote-free supposition tacked on the end of a story in the Daily Mail to suggest Paolo has any intention of taking the club to court over anything. Could someone enlighten me further?
Anteater

Ignore
« Reply #643 on: Thursday, March 21, 2013, 14:12:08 »

Not strictly true... the calculated use of the word 'untenable' in a interview prior to his resignation leaves the door open to a claim of constructive dismissal - basically saying that the old board made it impossible for him to do his job and felt forced to resign or pushed out
No doubt prompted by his lawyers for future use, I mean Paolo would never come up with that of his own volition.....'uneatable' perhaps 'untenable' no.
kerry red

« Reply #644 on: Thursday, March 21, 2013, 14:14:11 »

I don't and maybe nobody else here does either, but that doesn't mean it hasn't happened. I imagine some clubs go into embargo and don't even tell anybody.

It's not exactly because of a manager leaving either though, is it? It is potentially because said manager is threatening legal action.

So a manager leaves, gets the hump and threatens legal action and this enough for the FL to impose sanctions on the running of a club?

Can't see even the FL getting off on this
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 ... 76   Go Up
Print
Jump to: