Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 ... 76   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New board press conference thread  (Read 158190 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #540 on: Tuesday, March 19, 2013, 11:48:48 »

Sam Morshead ‏@SamMorshead_SA
Therefore I assume he's almost a representative of other investors. No official comment from club on his role just yet.
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #541 on: Tuesday, March 19, 2013, 11:49:12 »

It's entirely plausible that Sam has only just picked up on this himself and wasn't sitting on anything. I wouldn't blame him for not wishing to burn his bridges and it's simply unfair to give him stick for not providing us with information - if it wasn't for his efforts during the takeover, the transfer window and around Di Canio's departure we'd all be sitting in the dark.

Agreed...it's also worth noting, going by the comments under the REDD Monitor link, that the dubious characters involved appeared to have been using the likes of Carter Fuck to suppress the press.

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #542 on: Tuesday, March 19, 2013, 11:49:56 »

A funding embargo? Does that mean the restriction isn't coming from the FL? Or have they got some new rules and stuff? It's a bit confusing...

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Flashheart

« Reply #543 on: Tuesday, March 19, 2013, 11:51:10 »

A funding embargo? Does that mean the restriction isn't coming from the FL? Or have they got some new rules and stuff? It's a bit confusing...

I read it as the FL is restricting funding.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #544 on: Tuesday, March 19, 2013, 11:51:36 »

True

Don't quote me you fucking CUNT

(This should pass a few hours)
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #545 on: Tuesday, March 19, 2013, 11:52:33 »

I read it as the FL is restricting funding.

Ahhh, that makes sense. Do they do that then, surely it's none of their business?

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Flashheart

« Reply #546 on: Tuesday, March 19, 2013, 11:55:10 »

Ahhh, that makes sense. Do they do that then, surely it's none of their business?

Maybe they're becoming more cautious of possibly dodgy money coming into football? It would make sense.

Doesn't mean our money is dodgy of course, just that they are being careful.
kerry red

« Reply #547 on: Tuesday, March 19, 2013, 12:07:31 »

So we may end up thanking the FL for keeping a weather eye on the goings-on at STFC.

It does make you think though, just what the point of the 'fit and proper person' test is when after the takeover is concluded any old scoundrel can be appointed to the board.

Personally, I don't think it's a case of being wary of dodgy money coming in to the club, more than watching the bastards if they think they can siphon off what cash the club does generate.

I'd happily forego promotion if it meant the club ended up being run by actual fit and proper people.

Everyone should do an extra line on the Euro Millions this Friday
moredonboy

Ignore
« Reply #548 on: Tuesday, March 19, 2013, 12:11:26 »

Huh?
I am extremely concerned about these unseen issues. What are the squad feeling about all this?!!!!!! they must know something is going on - lets hope they can put it behind them tonight.

Having looked at the background (public knowledge) of the new director I am deeply suspicious.

The FL approval of the takeover is not looking very watertight - if it starts falling apart are they partially (if not totally) to blame. Well I hope it doesn't - but to me it seems the only money that might be accessible is from very dubious sources.

Not pure conjecture - and I hope I am very wrong.  
« Last Edit: Tuesday, March 19, 2013, 12:26:43 by moredonboy » Logged
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #549 on: Tuesday, March 19, 2013, 12:22:05 »

Perhaps they paid the ring fenced £1.5M via a building society cheque, and that takes 10 days to clear.
Or perhaps the FL didn't like the look of the bank transfer coming from wonga.com.

More cryptic than a cryptic theing whose name is Cryptic McCryptic of Cripticville.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #550 on: Tuesday, March 19, 2013, 12:23:57 »

So we may end up thanking the FL for keeping a weather eye on the goings-on at STFC.

It does make you think though, just what the point of the 'fit and proper person' test is when after the takeover is concluded any old scoundrel can be appointed to the board.
They can't. Fit and Proper Persons applies to any director of the club whenever appointed. And a club would also be in breach of the same rules if they had a person who was acting as a director even if they weren't formally named as one if that person would also fail FPPT. How well enforced these rules are is, of course, wholly another matter.
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #551 on: Tuesday, March 19, 2013, 12:29:33 »

They can't. Fit and Proper Persons applies to any director of the club whenever appointed. And a club would also be in breach of the same rules if they had a person who was acting as a director even if they weren't formally named as one if that person would also fail FPPT. How well enforced these rules are is, of course, wholly another matter.

Which may be why new bloke isn't a director or on the board of the football club. Just the holding company. Or is that subject to FPP also?
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #552 on: Tuesday, March 19, 2013, 12:31:34 »

I think we know the answer to that, let's hope there are no greek's hanging around
otanswell

Fuck em all...

Ignore
« Reply #553 on: Tuesday, March 19, 2013, 12:33:55 »

Fucks sake, jesus christ, whatever happened to giving these people a chance?!

Ignore
« Reply #554 on: Tuesday, March 19, 2013, 12:34:02 »

Having done a bit of Googling over lunch, Hall appears a very shady character.

As has been alluded, Carvier Ltd appears to be a phoenix of Tullett Brown and it looks as though Hall is fronting that for the original con-men.

His business history seems to be in textiles with a bit of property developing and software. Fuck knows how he got involved with Brazilian land banking, but I don't like it one bit.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 ... 76   Go Up
Print
Jump to: