Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 ... 76   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New board press conference thread  (Read 158190 times)
BruceChatwin

Ignore
« Reply #525 on: Tuesday, March 19, 2013, 11:17:34 »

I can understand why the adver would be uneasy about biting the hand that feeds them, especially so early on in their relationship with the new board.

But ultimately they're selling papers to the fans, not the board, and the susurrations of disquiet and rumour that have been there from the start are only growing in the absence of clear information about the unnamed backers backgrounds and motives, information that even without the co-operation of the board a tougher line of journalistic endeavour might still be able to shine a light on.

Better to confront these issues now than to look back with regret in hindsight.
supermarioTV
"about as funny as AIDS"

Forum Heavyweight

Ignore
« Reply #526 on: Tuesday, March 19, 2013, 11:18:24 »

Someone has woken up the chimp

Did not take long and funny enough I gave another fiver to comic relief when I watched the piece about Cyber bullys like you and Flashhart etc, really is very sad stuff.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #527 on: Tuesday, March 19, 2013, 11:18:49 »

Cheesy

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
supermarioTV
"about as funny as AIDS"

Forum Heavyweight

Ignore
« Reply #528 on: Tuesday, March 19, 2013, 11:20:33 »

I can understand why the adver would be uneasy about biting the hand that feeds them, especially so early on in their relationship with the new board.

But ultimately they're selling papers to the fans, not the board, and the susurrations of disquiet and rumour that have been there from the start are only growing in the absence of clear information about the unnamed backers backgrounds and motives, information that even without the co-operation of the board a tougher line of journalistic endeavour might still be able to shine a light on.

I totally agree, and think that Morshead needs to grow a pair.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #529 on: Tuesday, March 19, 2013, 11:27:09 »

It's entirely plausible that Sam has only just picked up on this himself and wasn't sitting on anything. I wouldn't blame him for not wishing to burn his bridges and it's simply unfair to give him stick for not providing us with information - if it wasn't for his efforts during the takeover, the transfer window and around Di Canio's departure we'd all be sitting in the dark.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #530 on: Tuesday, March 19, 2013, 11:27:36 »

I totally agree, and think that Morshead needs to grow a pair.

Cyber bully.
fatbasher

« Reply #531 on: Tuesday, March 19, 2013, 11:31:33 »

Right then, the original cast had....

Del Boy, Rodney, Grandad, Boycie, Trigger, Denzil, the Landlord, Marlene, Racquel etc.

So now appearing @ SN1 are....

See you all at Yeovil.
supermarioTV
"about as funny as AIDS"

Forum Heavyweight

Ignore
« Reply #532 on: Tuesday, March 19, 2013, 11:34:15 »

Cyber bully.

that would be to take the wording out of context, and I don't accept the charge.
Flashheart

« Reply #533 on: Tuesday, March 19, 2013, 11:35:04 »

I've been one of Sam's biggest critics in the past but if the thing he isn't reporting is a sensitive issue as we are led to believe, then he is right to keep quiet.

If he did publish sensitive information at the detriment to the club then people would quickly be calling for his head. I imagine a few of those people would be the ones that are now complaining he's printing nowt.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #534 on: Tuesday, March 19, 2013, 11:37:23 »

Cyber bully.

Careful, he's never lost an internet debate.
Flashheart

« Reply #535 on: Tuesday, March 19, 2013, 11:38:38 »

Sam Morshead ‏@SamMorshead_SA
@evo9190 Try calling it something other than a transfer embargo. A funding embargo perhaps, I'm not sure how it would be defined.

Hmmm
supermarioTV
"about as funny as AIDS"

Forum Heavyweight

Ignore
« Reply #536 on: Tuesday, March 19, 2013, 11:39:16 »

Careful, he's never lost an internet debate.

True
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #537 on: Tuesday, March 19, 2013, 11:40:26 »

Money laundering?
Flashheart

« Reply #538 on: Tuesday, March 19, 2013, 11:43:26 »

Money laundering?

Honestly, could be this new fellas shady background making them hesitant to allow him to invest. Perhaps him becoming a director rather than just staying in the background was a requirement of the FL?

I'm just guessing though, of course.
Flashheart

« Reply #539 on: Tuesday, March 19, 2013, 11:47:28 »

Sam Morshead ‏@SamMorshead_SA
I understand Gregory Hall is not the "money" behind #stfc takeover but has links to the silent major investors.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 ... 76   Go Up
Print
Jump to: