Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 ... 76   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New board press conference thread  (Read 158179 times)
otanswell

Fuck em all...

Ignore
« Reply #495 on: Saturday, March 16, 2013, 12:38:49 »

A friend of mine is very good friends with Jed, and he said once you get past the laddish style he is a very clever businessman who has been very successful and is very clued up.

« Reply #496 on: Saturday, March 16, 2013, 12:40:57 »

I hope he steps up his laddish rhetoric on twitter. It is amusing me watching people complaining about something so very trivial.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #497 on: Saturday, March 16, 2013, 12:44:36 »

If you want something done for pre-match why not ask Jed? You may be pleasantly surprised.

Don't stop the party!
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #498 on: Saturday, March 16, 2013, 13:34:59 »

If you want something done for pre-match why not ask Jed? You may be pleasantly surprised.

Don't stop the party!
Not on Twitter, got an e-mail addy?
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #499 on: Saturday, March 16, 2013, 13:42:38 »

I don't know what his email address is, sorry.
red sheldon

Ignore
« Reply #500 on: Saturday, March 16, 2013, 13:44:10 »

I hope you meant to be ironic, as your plans are of the ilk of theirs (which you seem to be criticising). You're either pretty clever or pretty stupid.

I'll leave you to decide, all I was saying was that I thought of these things in ten minutes while bored, I was kind of hoping for better more thought out plans from them, can you imagine them going in the dragons den, and saying things like I've only just started the business so don't know what I want to do with it yet

Flashheart

« Reply #501 on: Saturday, March 16, 2013, 13:49:56 »

I'll leave you to decide, all I was saying was that I thought of these things in ten minutes while bored, I was kind of hoping for better more thought out plans from them, can you imagine them going in the dragons den, and saying things like I've only just started the business so don't know what I want to do with it yet

They're not going on dragons den though. Besides, they've already successfully pitched the FA and investors.
« Last Edit: Saturday, March 16, 2013, 13:51:28 by Flashheart » Logged
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #502 on: Saturday, March 16, 2013, 13:53:56 »

I'd rather not hear any plans than hear about pie in the sky projects which never get off the ground.

For example, previous stadium developments have pretty much been doomed as soon as any vague plans are announced, even with the old board. I think a lot of people stupidly expected a ready made stadium plan within days of the takeover. It was never going to happen. The board have not ruled this out either, they've just said they want to focus on the football for the moment.

I don't think any of these criticisms are invalid, I just think the focus needs to be on the push for promotion by all concerned for the next two months. It's more important than worrying about the stadium for the next few weeks (or other things which are probably going on behind the scenes anyway). Plus we don't know the state of the club left to them. We're assuming that because debts got written off everything is all ok now.
red sheldon

Ignore
« Reply #503 on: Saturday, March 16, 2013, 13:58:23 »

All I'm trying to say is that its easy to say that you are going to run things better, sweat your resources more, but everybody seemed to agree that we were punching above our weight with increasing hospitality (I accept that the stadium limits this), increasing sponsorship, raising our profile, reaching out to the local community, trying various pricing initiatives et. etc. so I just want to know what their plans are, just a bit more than what has come out.  We all want them to be successful, but fingers have been burnt a few times previously...  

Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #504 on: Monday, March 18, 2013, 23:16:18 »

Anyone heard of Gregory Hall? Recently appointed as director in the new holding company.

Is also director of Carvier Limited, which seems dodgy as fuck:

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/experts/article-2166903/TONY-HETHERINGTON-Carbon-credit-cowboys-rise-ashes.html

http://blogs.mirror.co.uk/investigations/2012/06/tullett-brown-double-whammy-sc.html

http://www.redd-monitor.org/2012/06/06/carvier-limited-3-million-units-available-from-brazil-the-ethical-alternative-to-carbon-credits/

Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #505 on: Monday, March 18, 2013, 23:53:00 »

That last one doesn't look good, not at all. Might want to send it Morshead's way.
« Last Edit: Monday, March 18, 2013, 23:55:19 by Nemo » Logged
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #506 on: Tuesday, March 19, 2013, 00:05:11 »

This looks like his:

http://www.cityprojectgroup.com/

It may not be, but all seems very boiler room-ish. I hope this isn't where our money has come from.
BruceChatwin

Ignore
« Reply #507 on: Tuesday, March 19, 2013, 01:17:01 »

Fucking hell.

Has Si stumbled upon our secretive 'business' backers and the reason Jed was so reticent to reveal their identities?

Hope not, but the given explanation that they were family men who don't want media exposure never quite rang true.

This is the sort of journalistic digging we need at the moment anyway. Mawkishly relaying whatever slivers of information the board are willing to give out is getting us nowhere. We need the advertiser to step up and ask some tough questions about where the money's coming from.

In the meantime I can see the conspiracy theorists having a field day with this while the information vacuum remains unfilled.  
Flashheart

« Reply #508 on: Tuesday, March 19, 2013, 07:28:33 »

Why has this guy surfaced now?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #509 on: Tuesday, March 19, 2013, 07:34:05 »

Why has this guy surfaced now?

Because he was recently appointed director of the holding company.

Actually you probably meant why has he only just got directorship, as opposed to when the takeover went through.

I know you don't like speculation BR, but one explanation (of many) is they are making the consortium up as they go along. Another is they didn't want the bad press until they had control of the club. Or, on the positive front, we now have three sources of money (this one is a director of a company that looks a bit sus based on those articles mind).
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 ... 76   Go Up
Print
Jump to: