Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 ... 76   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New board press conference thread  (Read 158261 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #480 on: Saturday, March 9, 2013, 20:14:15 »

Jesus. If there's a conclusion to jump to you're the man to do it. You bite harder than a starving great white shark.

[url width=500 height=292]http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lz3zw3P0GC1r6gfrio1_500.gif[/url]

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Flashheart

« Reply #481 on: Saturday, March 9, 2013, 20:14:25 »

The conclusion that JJ was jumping to will all be revealed in time?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #482 on: Saturday, March 9, 2013, 20:15:20 »

zzzzzz
Flashheart

« Reply #483 on: Saturday, March 9, 2013, 20:18:28 »

zzzzzz

Don't you fucking start
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #484 on: Saturday, March 9, 2013, 20:21:19 »

Don't you fucking start

Clap

edit ^^^^^^ should point out I was joking ^^^^^^^
« Last Edit: Saturday, March 9, 2013, 21:34:12 by Batch » Logged
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #485 on: Saturday, March 9, 2013, 20:23:15 »

Ive no idea, but I do find Jed a bit cringeworthy with his laddy tweets such as

JedMcCoy ‏@JedMcCoy
@milescopland @cosmo_mb13 haha.. Was you at the top and got led away .. Shouldn't laugh .. #swindononthepiss

[url width=320 height=225]http://gifsforum.com/images/gif/disapoint/grand/iiLLU.gif[/url]
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #486 on: Saturday, March 9, 2013, 20:25:53 »

I've started something.....And now I'm not too sure.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #487 on: Sunday, March 10, 2013, 01:15:35 »

Fuck me, everyone is prickly tonight.  Time for bed....  step away from the forum....

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Peter Gibbons

Ignore
« Reply #488 on: Sunday, March 10, 2013, 09:32:39 »

all this jumping to conclusions business reminded me of this

It's not that I'm lazy.  It's that I just don't care.
red sheldon

Ignore
« Reply #489 on: Sunday, March 10, 2013, 12:11:09 »

I just thought that I'd share my concerns, about the new board.  I think that the issue isn't that they don't have a lot of money, which despite what they have alluded to doesn't seem to stack up with some of their other comments about trying to run the club more effectively and bringing in extra revenue, which I accept doesn't guarantee that they don't have large amounts of cash, but my impression is that they don't.

All that they keep saying in terms of their plans is that its early days and that they want to run things better and generate more revenue.  Well every club wants to generate more revenue, one of the best ways for them to do this would be to invest in the capital infrastructure to increase revenue, i.e. new stands, if we had executive boxes with some kind of restaurant, there would be huge possibilities, training courses, exhibitions, conferences, weddings, xmas parties etc, etc.  But they haven't seemed to given this a great deal of consideration, all that we have had so far, is concerts and comedy nights and bands on a night. They already have bands anyway.  Personally I think that the comedy is a great idea, I would tiew it in with another thought of mine, which is around increasing the entertainment before the match, so that people get there at 2.00 and drink and eat at the club, by having some kind of competitions so that comics get the chance to do 10 minute session before the game, tie that in with some PA's by some boy bands / girl groups who would probably play (mime) for free for the exposure and the robinettes, etc. and people may start to come and spend more money at the club.

Now that took me 10 minutes to think of the new board have had weeks and haven't seemed to come up with anything more thought out than this.  when they were buying the club and putting their business plans together did they not sy what they would do to generate all this extra money.  the old board seemed to be quite good with marketing and raising revenue, so its not going to be that easy for them to do this.

There I feel a bit better now that I have got this off my chest, and its a given that I want them to squeeze more money out of the ground, I just don't think that there backgrounds in business inspire me really that they can do this...   

Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #490 on: Saturday, March 16, 2013, 11:51:19 »

I'll cut them slack until the end of the season, moaning about petty little things like summer concerts or Jed's tweets isn't doing anyone any good.

There is an undeniable need to allay proper concerns but looking at the bigger picture, they're here now and promotion is important. Not aiming at this specifically to individuals on here, but my feeling is that some fans almost want us to fail.

The club hasn't been well run for some time and a lot of people are expecting these lot to be the messiahs. Didn't see this type of pressure on Andrew Black when it mattered.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #491 on: Saturday, March 16, 2013, 11:55:30 »

But they haven't seemed to given this a great deal of consideration,  I would tiew it in with another thought of mine, which is around increasing the entertainment before the match, so that people get there at 2.00 and drink and eat at the club, by having some kind of competitions so that comics get the chance to do 10 minute session before the game, tie that in with some PA's by some boy bands / girl groups who would probably play (mime) for free for the exposure and the robinettes, etc. and people may start to come and spend more money at the club.

Now that took me 10 minutes to think of the new board have had weeks and haven't seemed to come up with anything more thought out than this.  when they were buying the club and putting their business plans together did they not sy what they would do to generate all this extra money.  the old board seemed to be quite good with marketing and raising revenue, so its not going to be that easy for them to do this.

There I feel a bit better now that I have got this off my chest, and its a given that I want them to squeeze more money out of the ground, I just don't think that there backgrounds in business inspire me really that they can do this...   

I hope you meant to be ironic, as your plans are of the ilk of theirs (which you seem to be criticising). You're either pretty clever or pretty stupid.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #492 on: Saturday, March 16, 2013, 12:25:08 »

He's right to a certain extent about entertainment before the game.  I used to get to the Legends about 1-45 and joined the queue for a beer, then finding a table to drink at was the next problem, "this one is reserved" "what all of it, there's room for about another eight people" "yes, they'll be here at 2-30!"  Used to meet some mates in there, but no more, embarrasssing!!  If I fancy a drink now its into the County or else I just roll up at 2-50, get in and spend nothing at the club.  Now, girl/boy bands is pushing it a bit, but a litle bit of entertainment wouldn't go amiss.  Some better entertainment over the pa before the game would be a major improvement, talk about creating an atmosphere!!  We are beaten into submission before we start with some of the crap that's played on there!
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #493 on: Saturday, March 16, 2013, 12:34:18 »

He's right to a certain extent about entertainment before the game.  I used to get to the Legends about 1-45 and joined the queue for a beer, then finding a table to drink at was the next problem, "this one is reserved" "what all of it, there's room for about another eight people" "yes, they'll be here at 2-30!"  Used to meet some mates in there, but no more, embarrasssing!!  If I fancy a drink now its into the County or else I just roll up at 2-50, get in and spend nothing at the club.  Now, girl/boy bands is pushing it a bit, but a litle bit of entertainment wouldn't go amiss.  Some better entertainment over the pa before the game would be a major improvement, talk about creating an atmosphere!!  We are beaten into submission before we start with some of the crap that's played on there!

Wouldn't surprise me if The Robinettes/Rockettes or whatever they were called make a return. I can imagine Jed being into that sort of cringeworthyness.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #494 on: Saturday, March 16, 2013, 12:35:24 »

I'm not disagreeing, but why are things like summer concerts frowned upon?  Give the management a chance - if they can't get it to work and return a decent revenue stream and they still persist with it, then that's the time to have a grumble.

And who gives the fuck if it doesn't make money? There's a specific director who's dealing with this - it isn't detracting away from the football, or at least it shouldn't. A lot of fans are picking holes in everything for the sake of it.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 ... 76   Go Up
Print
Jump to: