Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 ... 76   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New board press conference thread  (Read 158186 times)
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #375 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 22:20:02 »

Has anybody asked "is there room to appoint a director who is director in charge of being a half arsed fan"?

I'm up for that.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #376 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 22:23:34 »

I heard Rice's interview on the radio earlier - "I have worked the cruises", "spent a few summers in Majorca" and "own a hotel in Lincolnshire"

Why is this person a director at a football club?
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #377 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 22:25:37 »

I heard Rice's interview on the radio earlier - "I have worked the cruises", "spent a few summers in Majorca" and "own a hotel in Lincolnshire"

Thought this myself to be honest.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #378 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 22:28:54 »

He will be around for as long as it takes to realise that the concert plan - which has been tried already - isn't going to make oodles of cash for the club.  I'd be surprised if he's still here in the summer.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #379 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 22:36:54 »

I heard Rice's interview on the radio earlier - "I have worked the cruises", "spent a few summers in Majorca" and "own a hotel in Lincolnshire" :Ride On
Heard that on the radio on the way back from watching that dismal, dismal effort and said to my mate he sounded more like one of the not-so-hopefuls on X-Factor giving his potted biog than a director of a serious football club. Which doesn't mean to say he won't do a terrific job and I'll judge him on the results of what he brings in. But none of this is doing anything to make me feel any less worried.
BruceChatwin

Ignore
« Reply #380 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 23:26:07 »

You forget to mention the holiday camps and the bassist in a band and the liking to 'warble' now and then on stage.  had me in stitches. It really was like something from Alan Partridge.

I thought he didn't come across too bad after that though. Gut feeling is their intentions are sincere, rather than insidious, but that they are naive and don't really have a fucking clue what they're doing.
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #381 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 23:36:00 »

I'm much more optimistic than I was. I'd a naive group of lads who've accidentally taken over a football club, over the traditional asset strippers, any day.
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #382 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 23:36:11 »

Just been reading Nick Watkins farewell notes in the programme, He sounds more professional than the whole of the new lot put together. Great bloke who made a real connection with Swindon supporters. Will miss not having him around.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, February 27, 2013, 00:16:02 by Notts red » Logged
Pete

Ignore
« Reply #383 on: Wednesday, February 27, 2013, 01:52:00 »

Three simple questions

1. Who are their backers?
2. What are they paying themselves?
3. Do they have any plans to add debt to the club's balance sheet?

The reason they do not get the benefit of the doubt is that they are too closely associated with people who in general, have been bad for lower league football (Deakin, etc) and unfortunately you are judged by the company you keep. So if they are serious, they will want to disassociate themselves from these people. Transparency is the best way of doing this.

Until we get solid answers to those three questions I will assume they are going to pay themselves huge amounts of money, load the club up with debt, leave when their property adventure fails and we find ourselves back where we started. As always.

I've seen an article that Deakin has been employed by Kassam's company as the stadium manager at oxford.

http://www.thisisstaffordshire.co.uk/Port-Vale-Fan-fury-Deakin-lands-new-job-Oxford/story-15900507-detail/story.html#axzz2M3kTJ8cH

Also noticed in another article that Kassam seems interested in acquiring another football club.

http://www.thisisplymouth.co.uk/Argyle-administrators-invite-new-bids-club/story-13287124-detail/story.html#axzz2M3kxVXAm

No

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #384 on: Wednesday, February 27, 2013, 07:26:36 »

I've seen an article that Deakin has been employed by Kassam's company as the stadium manager at oxford.

http://www.thisisstaffordshire.co.uk/Port-Vale-Fan-fury-Deakin-lands-new-job-Oxford/story-15900507-detail/story.html#axzz2M3kTJ8cH

I don't think they appointed him in the end.

Just been reading Nick Watkins farewell notes in the programme, He sounds more professional than the whole of the new lot put together. Great bloke who made a real connection with Swindon supporters. Will miss not having him around.

So he's definitely offski? This is a massive blow, I trusted him and hence thought we'd at least have one pair of safe hands while he was around.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #385 on: Wednesday, February 27, 2013, 07:27:59 »

Another one of your accounts Tans?

Affraid not
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #386 on: Wednesday, February 27, 2013, 09:16:11 »

Completely agree. Jed's mate who fancies putting on Swinstock this summer.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #387 on: Wednesday, February 27, 2013, 09:19:29 »

Spot on. We will miss the professionalism and helpfulness of the man.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #388 on: Wednesday, February 27, 2013, 09:20:35 »

Rather than a "birng back Paolo" petition we should have a petition to "bring back Watkins" if he does leave.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #389 on: Wednesday, February 27, 2013, 09:22:59 »

So he's definitely offski? This is a massive blow, I trusted him and hence thought we'd at least have one pair of safe hands while he was around.

With you on that Batch. I trusted him too. Not happy but not really surprising. He was on a decent wedge (well earned IMO) but the new board probably understandably want to bring in their own people or do it themselves.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 ... 76   Go Up
Print
Jump to: