Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 ... 76   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New board press conference thread  (Read 158227 times)
lambourn red

« Reply #360 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 15:04:11 »

some of the comments are bordering on hysterical ( I hasten to add in general across the whole forum not just in this thread). I dont see much different from the few days after A Fitton took over the only difference was he was a born presenter and loved the media limelight so therefore came across as the real deal. When the old consortium came in we did not know who was involved in the background, they did not mention ground re-development plans after 3 days in fact to my knowledge they never really released any public plans about Ground Development. Other accusations such as giving themselves large salaries where has that come from ? 

I am as concerned as the next fan but we really need to give it more than one presser and a couple of Adver interviews before we start preparing the public gallows and donning the orange balaclavas. 
Freddies Ferret

« Reply #361 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 15:06:53 »

some of the comments are bordering on hysterical ( I hasten to add in general across the whole forum not just in this thread). I dont see much different from the few days after A Fitton took over the only difference was he was a born presenter and loved the media limelight so therefore came across as the real deal. When the old consortium came in we did not know who was involved in the background, they did not mention ground re-development plans after 3 days in fact to my knowledge they never really released any public plans about Ground Development. Other accusations such as giving themselves large salaries where has that come from ? 

I am as concerned as the next fan but we really need to give it more than one presser and a couple of Adver interviews before we start preparing the public gallows and donning the orange balaclavas. 
absolutely agree
Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #362 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 15:12:10 »

My initial concerns, like many on the TEF, unfortunately are still there. Obviously there was not going to be a big opening of a box full of gold bars to placate the onlookers but neither again was the statement of "business backers with money" really what I wanted to hear either.

I am still at a loss to really understand this new board as they all seemed very low key, which is perhaps understandable given the situation they have landed in, but as mentioned elsewhere all the soundbites just sounded like PR speak without any real depth, and I was hoping for a little more of an upbeat message.

Perhaps that will be more evident in the coming few days when they have settled in properly as it has been more of what we have been used to over the last eighteen months and that was what I was missing. As usual only time will tell.

Hmmm

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
kaufman

« Reply #363 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 15:25:42 »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21588183 some interesting comments on here around 2.20
about new investors all the time.
I think he comes across well here.
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #364 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 15:33:09 »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21588183 some interesting comments on here around 2.20
Agreed.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #365 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 15:38:06 »

A lot of people seem to be mistaking concern for hysteria and cautious optimism for complacency.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #366 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 16:32:19 »

They’re going to turn the Legends Lounge into a nightclub with DJ Jed McCoy as resident. As I’ve got a season ticket, I believe this will entitle me to free entry. SUCK ON THAT PAY ON THE DAY CHUMPS!
JanAageisGod

Ignore
« Reply #367 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 16:47:38 »

The point is, bar one of us lot, no one really dreams of owning STFC or making the club great again.

Therefore the odds are that:

1) They are a cheery bunch who love football and have always wanted to get involved in it somehow and we are an available vehicle - in which case we have to watch for them getting a Tony Fernandes/Jeremy Wray* style pillaging from unscrupulous agents/players/coaches/hangers on looking for a quick buck.

2) They are more interested in property development than the actual football. In which case we are screwed from the start.

3) There are rich people with money to burn who fancy having some fun - which they can abruptly find less fun and pull out (see Andrew Black)

Given the somewhat speedy and chaotic nature of the take-over and the slightly random nature of the front men, god knows which category we fall into, and we may not be sure until we ever find out who the guys with the money actually are. And Crawley's mystery backer is still that as far as I know, years on.

A watching brief is not unreasonable rather than firing off rockets of joy into the air.

ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #368 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 17:18:48 »

Patey on twitter:

@WCPatey: Some Swindon fans are saying the same nice things about the new chairman that they once said about me.  I wish him well and hope it lasts!

Perhaps it's me but that seems a very sarcastic tweet...

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #369 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 17:39:35 »

A lot of people seem to be mistaking concern for hysteria and cautious optimism for complacency.
Wise words as always Mr Youth Yes
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #370 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 17:41:59 »

Perhaps it's me but that seems a very sarcastic tweet...

You are sarcastic. HTH.
china red

« Reply #371 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 18:04:25 »

Patey on twitter:

@WCPatey: Some Swindon fans are saying the same nice things about the new chairman that they once said about me.  I wish him well and hope it lasts!

Another one of your accounts Tans?
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #372 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 19:45:30 »

He did well on that, very enthusiastic, I felt pretty good watching that.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #373 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 21:44:53 »

Well, fellas...how was the honeymoon?   Wink
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #374 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 21:45:57 »

Yes, we need a new manager... But we are in desperate need for new players too.

The main XI must be running on empty.

Over to them.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 ... 76   Go Up
Print
Jump to: