Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 ... 76   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New board press conference thread  (Read 158246 times)
iffy

« Reply #315 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 10:57:23 »

Though, entertainingly: https://twitter.com/RikkiHunt

Business, Executive and Team Coach, Entrepreneur, Author, Philanthropist, Adventurer and Motivational Speaker who has worked at a CEO level across many industries including Oil, Mobile, Sport, Internet, Retail, Financial services, Automotive and the Public Sector.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #316 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 10:59:18 »

OK, you big gayer.  Kiss
I was going to say I'm off for a lie-down but now I'm worried that might be misconstrued Smiley
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #317 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 10:59:52 »

OK, you big gayer.  Kiss

I do love a happy ending.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #318 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 11:05:21 »

http://www.thisisswindontownfc.co.uk/news/headlines/10251753.Calming_the_waters/

Well thats much clearer, he bought the club with his own money - wasn't the purchase price £1?

Still no clearer and seem to still be peddling the same old lines, we shall see.

Two quotes here from the article.  Surely he sees the contradiction?

Having been constrained by the terms of a non-disclosure agreement during the weeks before the sale of the club was formally ratified by the Football League, McCrory is happy to be able to talk openly and honestly about the future.

Though it was McCrory’s cash which acquired the club initially, he told the Advertiser that two private investors would help to bankroll the continued development of the Wiltshire outfit and that they have a financial clout roughly equating to the budget under Black.
Flashheart

« Reply #319 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 11:10:39 »

Well thats much clearer, he bought the club with his own money - wasn't the purchase price £1?

That £1 would surely have also purchased the outstanding debt of 3-4mil-ish (we think)
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #320 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 11:19:14 »

That £1 would surely have also purchased the outstanding debt of 3-4mil-ish (we think)

Black said that it was sold debt-free due to it being written off by he, Arbib, Wray and Fitton (after a struggle). There may be a small amount of debt from loan deals (no idea what happened with Coke in the end) but I don't think they've shelled out anything like seven figures yet.

Though, entertainingly: https://twitter.com/RikkiHunt

Business, Executive and Team Coach, Entrepreneur, Author, Philanthropist, Adventurer and Motivational Speaker who has worked at a CEO level across many industries including Oil, Mobile, Sport, Internet, Retail, Financial services, Automotive and the Public Sector.

Ah, someone new for Tans to slag off on Twitter
« Last Edit: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 11:20:54 by Nemo » Logged
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #321 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 11:19:49 »

Sam Morshead has done really well on this story to date and has gone up hugely in my estimation but there really isn't anything here that we didn't already know, what happened to all the insights as given by the 1 to 1's unless this will be drip fed out during the day like this story has been?

Too much is vague, too little detail and whilst I am trying to be optimistic the whole funding issue just sets hares running everywhere.

I can accept the delay in development for the simple fact that the Council will probably look at this and want to see the whites of their eyes before they will consider anything.

I assume that the Rick Wakeman wannabe is planning Swindfest on the pitch next year?
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #322 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 11:20:22 »

We should have put forward a TEF consortium...

Ignore
« Reply #323 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 11:22:34 »

The one on ones are on the adver site horlock.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #324 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 11:35:20 »

The one on ones are on the adver site horlock.

Indeed appeared as I was typing that missive!

Still doesn't really say anything that any of us wouldn't have said if we had to discuss a business at short notice and wanted to sould like we wanted to work with the community.

Whats the licencing position with regards to having 6 concerts a year, cannot imagine the residents will be happy?
random_five

Downton, Wiltshire

Ignore
« Reply #325 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 11:38:27 »

Sorry but who really gives a fuck about the licensing position?

This is moaning for the sake of it now.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #326 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 11:40:50 »

Sorry but who really gives a fuck about the licensing position?

This is moaning for the sake of it now.

Apologies, but as this is the only fucking business idea they seem to have bar setting up a business club and getting the ladies team involved it would give some sort of mettle to their business plan.

Ho fucking hum!

Ignore
« Reply #327 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 11:42:10 »

Indeed appeared as I was typing that missive!

Still doesn't really say anything that any of us wouldn't have said if we had to discuss a business at short notice and wanted to sould like we wanted to work with the community

Whats the licencing position with regards to having 6 concerts a year, cannot imagine the residents will be happy?
four interviews of nothingness. The concert thing has been done already. The local businesses thing has been done already. IThe staff being great has been done already. Nor alot there to inspire confidence is there?
BruceChatwin

Ignore
« Reply #328 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 11:44:14 »

Surely he sees the contradiction?

Also in that his emphasis seems very much on financial sustainability, yet he doesn't have any plans for redevelopment/ building a new stadium, surely the only way financial sustainability in our current circumstances is possible without drastic reductions in playing costs? Summer concerts?  No
lambourn red

« Reply #329 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 11:44:17 »

I remain in the cautiously optimistic camp at the moment and we should be following the phrase "dont judge a book  by it's cover". We need to give these guys time before all branding them as bullshitters and conmen, the one fact that no one can deny is that they saved us from a scenario that none of us would have wanted which would have been more than 10 points as we know how the FL love a good old STFC bashing. The financial backers not wanting to go public is a concern but they must have been revealed to the FL and passed a token fit and proper test which would have also been checks on links with other clubs etc, the one overriding question which could have been levelled at the previous guys is why invest in STFC what is in it for them ?
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 ... 76   Go Up
Print
Jump to: