Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 ... 76   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New board press conference thread  (Read 158190 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #300 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 10:33:46 »

Eh?
Sorry, != means "is not equal to", so "bullshitting on twitter does not equal transparency"
Flashheart

« Reply #301 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 10:37:52 »

So you have them down as bullshitting then Paul?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #302 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 10:40:37 »

So you have them down as bullshitting then Paul?
Oh FFS.
Flashheart

« Reply #303 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 10:41:29 »

Oh FFS.

What the fuck is up with you? It's a fair question isn't it?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #304 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 10:44:07 »

No, I don't "have them down as bullshitting". I was referring somewhat glibly to the constant stream of "Hail fellow well met" stuff coming off Jed McWhatnot's twitter feed for the past few weeks, despite the apparent NDA. And that promising to slap everyone on the back in the Legends (shouty men permitting) and sort out the pies in the Town End is not the same as actual proper transparency. Like saying who, if anyone, is actually behind this. Clear enough?
Flashheart

« Reply #305 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 10:46:19 »

Stop getting arsey you dick.

If you don't mean to say they are bullshitting then perhaps, maybe, you shouldn't use the word bullshitting. Just a thought like.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #306 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 10:49:37 »

Stop getting arsey you dick.

If you don't mean to say they are bullshitting then perhaps, maybe, you shouldn't use the word bullshitting. Just a thought like.
There's a difference between describing the stream of banality on Jed's twitter over the past couple of weeks as "bullshit" which I think is a reasonable, if harsh, desciription tbh and characterising the entire board and their whole approach as "bullshitting". It's a subtle difference, granted, but I was surprised to see you jump to such an extreme conclusion from an off the cuff comment. However, I'll be careful to be much more precise in my use of language in future, sorry.
iffy

« Reply #307 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 10:49:46 »

I saw this on Twitter, and it looked like bullshitting to me.

"Family guys"? Please.

--

paul wardell ‏@paulw36
@JedMcCoy slightly concerned at the lack of transparency on the companys putting money in we have been down this ave b4 #transparencyiskey

10 hrs JedMcCoy ‏@JedMcCoy
@paulw36 understand that Paul I really do but would like to respect there feelings as they are family guys ..
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #308 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 10:50:14 »

Maybe they're American Dads?
random_five

Downton, Wiltshire

Ignore
« Reply #309 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 10:51:41 »

I saw this on Twitter, and it looked like bullshitting to me.

"Family guys"? Please.

--

paul wardell ‏@paulw36
@JedMcCoy slightly concerned at the lack of transparency on the companys putting money in we have been down this ave b4 #transparencyiskey

10 hrs JedMcCoy ‏@JedMcCoy
@paulw36 understand that Paul I really do but would like to respect there feelings as they are family guys ..

Ah but which KIND of bullshitting?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #310 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 10:52:15 »

Ah but which KIND of bullshitting?
Cheesy
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #311 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 10:54:20 »

There's a difference between describing the stream of banality on Jed's twitter over the past couple of weeks as "bullshit" which I think is a reasonable, if harsh, desciription tbh and characterising the entire board and their whole approach as "bullshitting". It's a subtle difference, granted, but I was surprised to see you jump to such an extreme conclusion from an off the cuff comment. However, I'll be careful to be much more precise in my use of language in future, sorry.

Can you imagine what it would've been like if Diamond Mike or Bob Holt used Twitter back in the day?

*shudder*

@Diamond_Mike: Just bought 50,000 shares in a football club for a laugh #megalolz

@BobHolt: Love the smell of burning leather in the morning! #alotlikebuyingahouse

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #312 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 10:55:34 »

http://www.thisisswindontownfc.co.uk/news/headlines/10251753.Calming_the_waters/

Well thats much clearer, he bought the club with his own money - wasn't the purchase price £1?

Still no clearer and seem to still be peddling the same old lines, we shall see.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #313 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 10:56:04 »

Fuck off paul. I was only asking your thoughts but it's people like you and Si Pie that I listen to on these matters, that's all. I shan't bother you again if that's your reaction.

Extreme conclusion my arse! I was asking a fucking question for crying out loud.

Jesus wept
Sorry, FH. Seemed like you jumped down my throat and tried to pin me on a phrase I really hadn't been meant to be taken that way. My bad. Hugs? Smiley
Flashheart

« Reply #314 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 10:57:05 »

Sorry, FH. Seemed like you jumped down my throat and tried to pin me on a phrase I really hadn't been meant to be taken that way. My bad. Hugs? Smiley

OK, you big gayer.  Kiss
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 ... 76   Go Up
Print
Jump to: