Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 76   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New board press conference thread  (Read 158262 times)
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #285 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 09:38:43 »

Reading through these threads absolutely depresses me!!  A lot of posters were obviously apprenticed on the This is forum!!  I am not happy with what went on, would far prefer to be on the ride with Black bankrolling Wray and PDC - but that ride collapsed!!  I just feel a lot of posters are jumping to conclusions and everybody has an air of negativity.  When McCrory's name was first mentioned I seem to remember somebody jumping to the conclusion that he was Safestyle windows and everybody jumped on that bandwagon, now they don't like the look of the people picking up the pieces after Black.  A lot of things have happened quickly, let's give them a chance at least, see where we are come June - and if we need to get the orange hats and blimp out of storage then so be it.  But until then can we not just give them a honeymoon period - but never forget the most important thing today, get behind the team tonight!!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #286 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 09:38:52 »

Crikey that is a scary list.

John Batchelor York City Soccer Club
Batchelor's proposals for Mansfield and Accrington were even more scary than what he did at York. Although I don't think we need to worry that he is one of the secret names behind the Small Faces.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #287 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 09:42:20 »

I just feel a lot of posters are jumping to conclusions and everybody has an air of negativity.
I think people are making some limited judgements on what we've seen so far and worrying about what we haven't seen. And given not only our history but the recent history of many lower league clubs in our situation over the last couple of decades, it would be extremely foolish not to be at least a little concerned. "Those who ignore the lessons of history are doomed to repeat them"
Flashheart

« Reply #288 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 10:02:23 »

I think people are making some limited judgements on what we've seen so far and worrying about what we haven't seen.

Or in other words..... jumping to conclusions.
iffy

« Reply #289 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 10:04:54 »

Three simple questions

1. Who are their backers?
2. What are they paying themselves?
3. Do they have any plans to add debt to the club's balance sheet?

The reason they do not get the benefit of the doubt is that they are too closely associated with people who in general, have been bad for lower league football (Deakin, etc) and unfortunately you are judged by the company you keep. So if they are serious, they will want to disassociate themselves from these people. Transparency is the best way of doing this.

Until we get solid answers to those three questions I will assume they are going to pay themselves huge amounts of money, load the club up with debt, leave when their property adventure fails and we find ourselves back where we started. As always.
Flashheart

« Reply #290 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 10:11:42 »

Just watched that interview with Callum Rice, he hasn't got a clue has he. I was cringing watching it.

Where?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #291 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 10:13:36 »

Or in other words..... jumping to conclusions.
"Legitimate concern" would be the phrase I think I'd use Smiley I think iffy summed it very well in the post after yours, FWIW
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #292 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 10:15:19 »

Where?

Go back to the previous page, Batch posted it.
jimmy_onions

Ignore
« Reply #293 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 10:15:44 »

Havent read all of this thread so this may have been posted already but...

<<<as an aside, we need an acronym for the above...anyone care to propose one>>>

Anyone else think its a little amusing that up until a few days ago the NDA was being used as an excuse for silence, but when NDA is lifted...well, there is nothing there.

At risk of getting on the negative train, I get the feeling the NDA was being used as a convenient excuse for having nothing of substance to say...
Flashheart

« Reply #294 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 10:16:21 »

Some people do have some genuine concerns Paul, which is furry muff.

However, there's no denying that some that have jumped to conclusions and have them down as a bunch of crooks already.

Ignore
« Reply #295 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 10:21:28 »

If the unknown backers chose that rabble to front the board it hardly installs confidence does it? 
Its like four sad uncles in the morning after a night on the piss.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 10:24:10 by arriba » Logged
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #296 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 10:23:09 »

Some people do have some genuine concerns Paul, which is furry muff.

However, there's no denying that some that have jumped to conclusions and have them down as a bunch of crooks already.
Maybe. I think most people though are airing worries out loud, but haven't reached any conclusion. I certainly haven't - I know I've been one of those airing concerns but that doesn't mean I've firmly decided they're crooks, bad people or anything really. But I am very worried at the lack of transparency (NB bullshitting on twitter != transparency) around the ownership/backers because I'm very aware of the precedents, both here and elsewhere. And until those concerns are addressed, people will worry about them. Given our history, that's not only understandable, but I'd say we'd be very foolish to do otherwise. And if Jed and co address those concerns, brilliant, all's good, tie or no tie Smiley
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #297 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 10:23:42 »

If the unknown backers chose that rabble to front the board it hardly installs confidence does it? 
Its like four sad uncles in the morning after a night in the piss.
In the piss? Yuk! Smiley
Flashheart

« Reply #298 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 10:27:52 »

(NB bullshitting on twitter != transparency)

Eh?

Ignore
« Reply #299 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 10:32:48 »

In the piss? Yuk! Smiley
still aint got to grips with this phone.
Adver site has more up now by the way folks.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 76   Go Up
Print
Jump to: