Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 76   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New board press conference thread  (Read 158241 times)
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #270 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 07:02:37 »

No income tax... No VAT..
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #271 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 07:19:03 »

No income tax... No VAT..

[url width=184 height=113]http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r66/batch_2001/stfc_fools_zpsfa8f1cae.jpg[/url]
« Last Edit: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 07:31:35 by Batch » Logged
kerry red

« Reply #272 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 07:45:52 »

Got a feeling the line that we were on the precipice of falling out of the league without these jokers is being peddled to make out they are some sort of saviours
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #273 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 07:58:21 »

Another point. Sam said yesterday all would be revealed in tomorrow's Adver about his 'one 2 one' chats as he called them. Where is this in today's paper Huh?
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #274 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 08:23:01 »

As yet, nothing in the morning news to build upon yesterday's conference.

On the whole, I was surprised and delighted by the attire of our new board. For the rest, I was less surprised and less delighted.

In short, McCrory needs to act fast and now to appoint a manager and sign reinforcements if we are grasp the opportunity in front of us. He must be decisive. Instead, he is (according to Radio Swindon) deciding tomorrow if we'll stick with Ward and Miller until the end of the season. Hopefully the BBC's information is taken out of context, as I would hope that the approach is less reactionary than basing our hopes for the season on the outcome of tonight's match.

The questions that were answered positively, regarding available funds and benefactors, were answered generically. He couldn't answer in a  negative way. " Do you have significant funds" - "No", would not have been the best start. I am slightly nervous that we're backed by "other businesses" rather than an Arbib or Black (or dare I say it, a Seton Wills), each of whom had personal worth that they had already made and were reinvesting (or throwing away into) the club. I cannot think the FL would approve a deal where we would be reliant on the day to day health of other businesses - although the potential conflicts of interest that may arise if a director is on the board of the club and a "backer" business may explain the absence of some individuals from the board.

There is no problem with the purchase through a shelf company - that means absolutely nothing. They just didn't bother to rename it with a Swindon-linked name.

The lack of interest in redevelopment is baffling. Get onto it, because it is the only way of improving income streams. It will be interesting to see if Callum Rice (Pat Sharp anyone?) can magically turn a profit on concerts where others have failed before.

I didn't like the comment about turning the club around and getting it moving in the right direction. If McCrory is half as successful, diligent and communicative as the last board, pre-Patey, he will do well. At the moment, I am just concerned that a failure to be strong and decisive will see this chance slip through our fingers.

Ramble over.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #275 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 08:29:27 »

Another point. Sam said yesterday all would be revealed in tomorrow's Adver about his 'one 2 one' chats as he called them. Where is this in today's paper Huh?

My thoughts also.  Had a quick look at 7am and...nothing.  Wonder what Sam was talking about.

And Delta's 'shoddiest bunch of full-kit wankers' line made me snort, forcing the woman next to me on the train to turn away in disgust.  Well done, Sir.  For what it's worth, I'm fairly sure the lack of gravitas etc. is because the 4 we were introduced to yesterday are not really the people in charge.  My hunch is that they will be taking instructions from elsewhere...and I would hope that Sam Morshead and others with access to the Club will make it their business to find out from where.
BruceChatwin

Ignore
« Reply #276 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 08:43:01 »

[url width=458 height=306]http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/resources/images/2346647.jpg?type=articleLandscape[/url]

The one on the left looks like a young Pete Winkleman, the one next to him how i'd imagine the devil to look if he came to earth in human form, the one on the far right like a 5 year old child whose been dressed in an ill-fitting hand-me-down suit against his wishes for a family photo. It come to something when Jed McCrory, in a pinstripe fucking suit of all things, looks the most business savvy and professional of the group.

Bumpkin

Ignore
« Reply #277 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 09:01:35 »

Agree with Deltaincline. Watched the interview with the lad from Def Leppard. He doesn't have a a Scooby.

On points west he said they were looking at hosting concerts?? Have we not been here before?

We're gonna lose tonight .
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #278 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 09:15:29 »

Just watched that interview with Callum Rice, he hasn't got a clue has he. I was cringing watching it.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #279 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 09:21:56 »

lets just say "the face of the consortium not the heart of it".
I think this sums it up perfectly. Which makes it all the more important that Wise, Morshead etc make urgent efforts to find who is at the heart of it and what they want. If anyone.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #280 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 09:27:14 »

I think this sums it up perfectly. Which makes it all the more important that Wise, Morshead etc make urgent efforts to find who is at the heart of it and what they want. If anyone.
We do not need to specifically know who the money man (or woman) is behind it really just that there actually is one or more, it would be nice to know but just making sure they are there would probably be enough.

But we do need to know their motivation for the takeover, if its not for development of the ground then what actually is it? unless they are indeed just true football fans with a football agenda....cant see it myself but you never know.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #281 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 09:29:26 »

We do not need to specifically know who the money man (or woman) is behind it really just that there actually is one or more, it would be nice to know but just making sure they are there would probably be enough.
No it wouldn't. We do need to know  specifically who they are. Here's four names to illustrate why:
Steven Vaughn
John Batchelor
Balram Chainrai
Mike Diamandis

Anonymity is the crook's friend #whathavetheygottohide
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #282 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 09:31:40 »

I must admit, when I heard Jed mention Trevor Watkins yesterday and given his connections to the Wills era, I did think "Oh shit, has Diamond Mike bought the club 'for a laugh' again?".
Bumpkin

Ignore
« Reply #283 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 09:36:23 »

Crikey that is a scary list.

Steven Vaughan Chester City
John Batchelor York City Soccer Club
Balram Chairai Pompey

The other one.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #284 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 09:36:30 »

I must admit, when I heard Jed mention Trevor Watkins yesterday and given his connections to the Wills era, I did think "Oh shit, has Diamond Mike bought the club 'for a laugh' again?".

Then one of the board members had a link to publishing didn't he......
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 76   Go Up
Print
Jump to: