Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 76   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New board press conference thread  (Read 158302 times)
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 20:31:24 »

I would have liked to have learned that there is a bit more urgency regarding the new manager.

Post-Bury, I'd like to hear a little more noise. It's not fair to expect two complete rookies, who have only known each other a matter of months, to see this season out.

I'm not panicking or concerned or whatever.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 21:50:05 »

A few concerns for me after today's press conference.

1. The re-development of the CG (or perhaps the lack of). What are the board's long term plans for this? Obviously they are not looking at this as an immediate option but they haven't exactly said what their views on a new stadium would be. The club needs it badly if it wants to survive at Championship level. Was the question asked about the lease on the ground as well? Are the board hoping to move to a new site or are they just planning on keeping the CG as it is. I guess me concern is a lack of a long term vision for the club and whether these guys aren't really in it for the longer run.

2) The new manager (or again perhaps lack of). I understand here where they say they don't want to rush an appointment but we need a new manager ASAP in my opinion. It seems like they are hoping for Ward and Miller to continue the good results so they don't have to fork our cash for wages or compo for a new manager. I guess they might be hoping to bide time until the summer which I guess may not be a bad thing but if they are really serious about going up this season they need to move fast in my opinion.

3) The financial backing. This is probably the biggest of the lot for me. What scares me most is not the fact we don't know who they are but the fact that the term "businesses" and not "investors" was used. What does this mean? It sounds a little dodgy to me. I remember Notts County having a similar situation a few years back and it went horribly wrong for them. At least with Fitton and Co we knew who the backers were and what their wealth was. Hopefully we get more clarification in the near future with regards to this otherwise I worry we'll have a dodgy BEST Holdings type group on our hands.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 21:52:15 »

I have a feeling that the deflecting of managerial questions during the press conference today was a case of not wanting to interfere with preparations for the fixture tomorrow, hence the meeting on Wednesday.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #258 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 22:12:01 »

The players specifically asked not to bring in a manager yet
kerry red

« Reply #259 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 22:13:22 »

Must have a few piss ups planned
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #260 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 22:24:14 »

I cant be bothered to read all this, whats the name of the long hair one?

/
W56196272
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 22:27:09 »

I cant be bothered to read all this, whats the name of the long hair one?

Lucius Malfoy

[url width=431 height=300]http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u414/TheExpectoPatronum/lucius-malfoy_431x300.jpg[/url]

Here he is talking about the takeover, and death eaters:

"Swindon are bigger than a little club"...in your face SleepingMinnow Wink
« Last Edit: Monday, February 25, 2013, 22:33:30 by Batch » Logged
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 22:58:22 »

So the NDA is no longer, but we don't appear to know much more than when it was in place?

I suppose we'll have to wait and see what the next few days/weeks brings.  However this is a crucial period on the field and with no manager and a threadbare squad, something needs to happen pretty quickly.
Stegenfreud

Say what now?

Ignore
« Reply #263 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 23:00:44 »

"Swindon are bigger than a little club"...in your face SleepingMinnow Wink

Huh?

simon FERRY cross the avon... do do.
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #264 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 23:08:49 »

Lucius Malfoy

Here he is talking about the takeover, and death eaters:

Clap he does fair a samely resemblance to Lucius Malfoy...Voldemort is behind the scenes as one of the backers then!

#VivaKenBarlow!
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #265 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 23:38:37 »

Just also seen on Player (& main site) after weeks and weeks.....we finally have a picture with Jed holding the STFC scarf above his head on the hallowed turf of The County Ground pitch!

#VivaKenBarlow!
deltaincline

« Reply #266 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 00:16:59 »

I can't think why anyone would be accepting the boards bollocks line today about them not having any immediate redeveloment plans for the club.

Fucking really?

I'm about as convinced about that as I am the colour of Jed-the-hamsters' dodgy fucking hair-dye job.

And is Callum Rice is fooling anyone in that video? Nervous, phoney and zero levels of gravitas / Charisma in equal levels, not to mention a distinct lack of any demonstrable business credibility.

Not sure who said it earlier in the thread, but Trotters Independant Trading seems a very, very apt description of what has to be one of the shoddiest looking bunch of full-kit wankers ever to masquerade as Directors of our football club.

I wonder if the Advertisers' Sam Morshead or the BBC's Chris Wise are going to ask any of them how large the salary packages were that they awarded themselves today?

And I wonder if anyone is planning on asking them how come they were all (strangely) available for work, and therefore able to willingly accept their new job offers - all at the same fucking time?

I bet Nick Watkins is as we speak plotting a timely escape from anywhere near the vicinity of this collection of losers - probably without even a second thought about where his next pay cheque might be coming from....

Peter Gibbons

Ignore
« Reply #267 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 00:20:31 »

I can't think why anyone would be accepting the boards bollocks line today about them not having any immediate redeveloment plans for the club.

Fucking really?

I 'm about as convinced about that as I am the colour of Jed-the-hamsters' dodgy fucking hair-dye job.

And is Callum Rice is fooling anyone in that video? Nervous, phoney and zero levels of gravitas / Charisma in equal levels, not to mention a distinct lack of any demonstrable business credibility.

Not sure who said it earlier in the thread, but Trotters Independant Trading seems a very, very apt description of what has to be one of the shoddiest looking bunch of full-kit wankers ever to masquerade as Directors of our football club.

I wonder if the Advertisers' Sam Morshead or the BBC's Chris Wise are going to ask any of them how large the salary packages were that they awarded themselves today?

And I wonder if anyone is planning on asking them how come they were all (strangely) available for work, and therefore able to willingly accept their new job offers - all at the same fucking time?

I bet Nick Watkins is as we speak plotting a timely escape from anywhere near the vicinity of this collection of losers - probably without even a second thought about where his next pay cheque might be coming from....

epic 

It's not that I'm lazy.  It's that I just don't care.
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #268 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 00:23:58 »

epic 
Not only that but also unfortunately spot on.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #269 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 06:59:27 »

No they don't. This was the bullshit logic that kept anyone from criticising Holt/Wills/Diamandis etc for years. Just because there isn't an immediate alternative, doesn't mean to say people aren't entitled to feel concerned at what we have been landed with

Linked to this... How many times have we been in administration is it just? twice?

Only ask as Morshead mentioned on numerous occasions that if this failed it was not just admin we would have been demoted and possibly expelled? But Pompey are into admin 3 and none of this has been mentioned?
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 76   Go Up
Print
Jump to: