Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 76   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New board press conference thread  (Read 158302 times)
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 18:07:15 »

Disappointing press conference but will stay open-minded about the new owners. Hopefully more will come out about them soon
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 18:09:17 »

Just watched Jed's interview on player. He said he had a beer with the players at the pig on the hill. Ummm
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #242 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 18:37:33 »

Conclusions. You. Jumping. Are. To.

It's on off-the-shelf company, lots of people do it. It doesn't necessarily mean they're a bunch of crooks (but it doesn't rule it out either).

Exactly. I believe this was mentioned in several posts over the last couple of days too.

What concerns me is that we don't know the nature of the transaction/purchase and the amount of debt the company still has. For example, does the previous holding company still exist? Does the club owe money to it?

We don't know who is funding Seebeck 87 (businesses?) and the nature of this investment. If these are in the form of interest bearing loans then it's a concern. Will Seebeck 87 be charging the club management fees? We won't know the full extent for another 18 months potentially.

That said, I didn't expect to hear about 5 year plans already. The new Board are right in that getting promotion is the priority.
kerry red

« Reply #243 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 18:40:43 »

If it's a priority, and I hope to God it is, I would have liked to hear about a new manager, new players that are desperately needed as Navarro and Ferry are both out tomorrow.

Where's the urgency
red socks

« Reply #244 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 18:45:12 »

If it's a priority, and I hope to God it is, I would have liked to hear about a new manager, new players that are desperately needed as Navarro and Ferry are both out tomorrow.

Where's the urgency

Absolutely. What they should have said we are desperate, has anyone got any midfielders we can buy that are really good that you're not using at the moment, it's urgent.
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 18:46:52 »

new players that are desperately needed as Navarro and Ferry are both out tomorrow.

I would agree with this. Our squad is too thin to be challenging for automatic promotion, especially with a lot of midweek games coming up.

Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #246 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 18:47:31 »

Absolutely. What they should have said we are desperate, has anyone got any midfielders we can buy that are really good that you're not using at the moment, it's urgent.

Cheesy
kerry red

« Reply #247 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 18:50:15 »

It's not rocket science to identify in advance players a club may need to bolster a squad - surely they dont just wait until a couple of players get crocked then start looking
red sheldon

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 18:50:31 »

He runs or owns a pub in Lincolnshire.
He lives in Dunstable.
He has long hair.

Its not a pub its a 12 bed B&B with a bar!!  Much grander, its also handy when we play Peterborough away, thats the first cost saving

Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #249 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 18:51:36 »

It's not rocket science to identify in advance players a club may need to bolster a squad - surely they dont just wait until a couple of players get crocked then start looking

I suggest they use football manager as a method of scouting.
kerry red

« Reply #250 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 18:53:20 »

That seems to be working really well at the moment.

I'll not be surprised to see an ad in the programme selling snake oil soon
otanswell

Fuck em all...

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 19:04:44 »

Bet they didn't have to pay for their limited company!!!
Cost me 50 quid to set mine up

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 20:08:02 »

My take on it for what its worth.

I don't really understand why we seem to have so much negativity to the new owners, yes we all know little about them and their plans so far.   But surely they must be given a chance.

Where would be without them? 
Maybe in admin and with the FL ready to demote us kick up out the league.

When Fitton and co.came in we knew little about them.  However Fitton's name was being sung throughout the ground.   
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #253 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 20:13:59 »

That twat Agent Darren called them Trotters independent traders.

Still bitter about being banned from the club i see
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 20:27:24 »

Identifying players would be the managers job....

That twat Agent Darren called them Trotters independent traders.

Still bitter about being banned from the club i see

I can't imagine anyone cares.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 76   Go Up
Print
Jump to: