Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 76   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New board press conference thread  (Read 158261 times)

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 14:33:26 »

The managerial role being performed by 2 players in the side is the thing that needs sorting now. No good asking them if they want to do it. I'm pretty sure they will want to but that doesn't make it right. Need a manager in the dug out asap.
Jed's phone should have been busy all weekend making enquiries

I dont care who the backers are as long as they are backing with cash but that doesn't sound promising either. Not saying who they are only leaves more questions.
corner

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 14:33:42 »

So what came out of the press conf we didn't already know? Pointless. Promotion is first and most important, then we need to appoint a manager and get some loans in, but they won't be rushed into decisions......

I was expecting some sort of plan for the club going fowerd, they have known for a month they were buying the club.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 14:34:10 »

No, that is the most significant piece of non-information so far . "A couple of business backing us", who and why? That's not a negative question, that's a fundamental one.

Given that the consortium's plans regarding the playing/coaching staff and the stadium appear to be so vague, you have to wonder what their rationale was for getting involved in the first place.  Add in to the mix anonymous business concerns acting as backers, and it would not be unreasonable to assume that the involvement of these businesses are the reason for the takeover.

We need to find out who these businesses are and what their plans are, and sooner rather than later.
STFCforeigner

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 14:34:59 »

could be... this almost definitely is:

Sam Morshead ‏@SamMorshead_SA
Hooper: "We're one team here now. We're not a team of individuals now.

Could also be refering to the old board.
corner

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 14:35:22 »

The managerial role being performed by 2 players in the side is the thing that needs sorting now. No good asking them if they want to do it. I'm pretty sure they will want to but that doesn't make it right. Need a manager in the dug out asap.

Lets hope in the meeting on Wednesday they come clean and admit that we do need a manager.
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 14:35:45 »

Lots of nice platitudes, no real information, no plans - no point to the press conference really, I don't feel much more informed than I did at 13:59.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 14:36:13 »

a nothing press conference tbh

sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 14:36:30 »

Lots of nice platitudes, no real information, no plans - no point to the press conference really, I don't feel much more informed than I did at 13:59.
we all learnt one thing and that is the fact that BBC Wilts are a bunch of fucking cunts
Flashheart

« Reply #98 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 14:37:13 »

We do know now there are 'a couple of businesses' behind them. Was hoping for more.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 14:37:43 »

So what came out of the press conf we didn't already know?
Quite a lot. In that the apparent lack of plans itself speaks volumes. I'm considerably more worried than I was 40 mins ago
hobnob

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 14:38:28 »

We do know now there are 'a couple of businesses' behind them. Was hoping for more.
Corner shop and local butcher come to mind.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 14:38:55 »

Given that the consortium's plans regarding the playing/coaching staff and the stadium appear to be so vague, you have to wonder what their rationale was for getting involved in the first place.  Add in to the mix anonymous business concerns acting as backers, and it would not be unreasonable to assume that the involvement of these businesses are the reason for the takeover.

We need to find out who these businesses are and what their plans are, and sooner rather than later.
isn't this exactly how it panned out at Notts County? Anonymous backers which turned out not to exist whatsoever.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 14:39:06 »

No we don't. Not until they name names. We know they're very vague about the sources of their funding, and possibly by extension we may infer that they're admitting they don't have that funding themselves.
thepeoplesgame

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 14:39:12 »

I was expecting some sort of plan for the club going fowerd, they have known for a month they were buying the club.

Exactly. They really shouldn't have bothered with this press conference, at least there was the vague hope that they might have had a plan for the club before... now they've admitted that they don't.

At least getting Paolo back would give the club some direction again.
alanmayes

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 14:39:58 »

First impressions count for everything and that press conference was a huge disappointment.
It almost felt like a couple of football fans getting together with their mates,forming a consortium
which is to be funded by some anonymous/shadowy businessmen.

Did the sale and acquisition of STFC just fall into their laps?
« Last Edit: Monday, February 25, 2013, 14:41:40 by alanmayes » Logged

"It's not delusions of grandeur sir,it's intolerance of mediocrity and minimal performances."
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 76   Go Up
Print
Jump to: