Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: TEF MotM Final Standings 23/24  (Read 231 times)
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« on: Today at 07:35:08 »

Bit late on this one, but the final post mortem of our latest annus horriblis, the total standings of all the post match MotM votes from all 51 games played in league and cup competitions. We've already done the overall player of the season vote, which differs... quite dramatically in all but the overall winner.

Winners
2210 total votes

262 Dan Kemp (11.8%)
181 Tom Brewitt (8.1%)
166 Murphy Mahoney / Udoka Godwin-Malife (7.5%)
136 Paul Glatzel
132 Saidou Khan
97 Jake Young
93 Charlie Austin
91 Frazer Blake-Tracey
84 Liam Kinsella
79 George McEachran
77 Williams Kokolo
72 Jack Bycroft
71 Tyrese Shade
68 Conor McCarthy

Brewitt is the story here. Out of the blocks like a greyhound, he had 167 votes by Newport (H), the 13th game, and only got another 14 all season as opinion turned quite dramatically. Jake Young ranked second on the overall vote, but got startlingly few votes at the time looking back.

PPG
(min 5 games)

9.70 Dan Kemp
8.83 Joel McGregor
7.16 Paul Glatzel
6.64 Murphy Mahoney
5.48 Tom Brewitt
5.44 Sean McGurk
4.71 Nnamdi Ofoborh

Some names here that didn't play that much but had promising bursts - McGregor, McGurk and Ofoborh.

Lowest PPG
(min 5 games)

1.50 Dawson Devoy
1.34 Remeao Hutton
1.29 Aaron Drinan
1.20 Sonny Hart
1.00 Jake Cain / Ricky Aguiar
0.82 Tariq Uwakwe
0.78 Harry McKirdy
0.71 Miles Obodo
0.20 Benn Ward

Extended this to ten names based on it being a terrible season. Drinan feels perhaps a bit unlucky to be here.

Most MotMs

9.5 Dan Kemp
5.0 Paul Glatzel
4.5 Murphy Mahoney
4.0 Udoka Godwin-Malife / Tom Brewitt
2.5 Saidou Khan
2.0 Jake Young / Liam Kinsella / Joel McGregor / Williams Kokolo / Tyrese Shade / Conor McCarthy / Jack Bycroft
1.0 Harrison Minturn / Brooklyn Genesini / Sean McGurk / Anton Dworzak / Nnamdi Ofoborh / Charlie Austin / Rushian Hepburn-Murphy

This is where the match winners tend to come through, as well as a few protest votes at the very bottom. Charlie Austin one MotM in 48 games played is quite the hit rate.

Highest % of votes in wins
(Min. 20 votes total)

90% Rushian Hepburn-Murphy
76% Nnamdi Ofoborh
66% Saidou Khan
59% Jake Young
59% Tom Brewitt
53% Sean McGurk

Tellingly, this is a list of our most inconsistent players more or less: when they’re good we’re good (and we tend to win as a result) but when we’re bad, so are they.

Highest % of votes in losses
(Min. 25 votes total)

92% Joel McGregor
76% Zach Elbouzedi
72% Remeao Hutton
66% Tyrese Shade
52% Jake Cain
50% Murphy Mahoney

Wing backs do really well when we lose. I guess that makes sense, we can be rubbish down the other side and the middle players don’t cover, but it’s not really the fault of the guy on the right wing. Lots of youth player protest votes here too, but only McGregor got past the threshold.

I have all the data if anyone has any other questions like home vs away or anything like that. Otherwise, it's been fun running this - will be back next season depending on exactly what happens with iFollow for hopefully a better season!
« Last Edit: Today at 07:45:47 by Nemo » Logged
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Today at 07:59:04 »

Cheers Nemo!
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #2 on: Today at 08:14:02 »

I think Brewitt got a lot of grace in the early part of the season as we all (myself included) thought he was being exposed by the system. When the system changed it quickly became apparent that actually he just isn't very good and headless chicken is, in fact, his playstyle.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Today at 08:23:28 »

I thought he played ok at the start of the season tbh. Exceeded expectations which probably helped get votes.

It went very down hill.. Not an exclusive club I know
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Today at 08:47:41 »

I think Brewitt got a lot of grace in the early part of the season as we all (myself included) thought he was being exposed by the system. When the system changed it quickly became apparent that actually he just isn't very good and headless chicken is, in fact, his playstyle.

100% this.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #5 on: Today at 09:25:19 »

Absolutely agree.

And thanks for the figures Nemo, great stuff.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: