Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Notts County matchday thread  (Read 37756 times)
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: Saturday, March 7, 2015, 17:50:54 »

One of the defenders held Willo in the box. Foul. Pen. The lino seemed a little swayed by the home crowds shouts. 90% of the time you don't get them for that, because I doubt Willo was getting anywhere near the ball which was in the process of being cleared.

The commentary, which at times is hugely frustrating, were rather quick and adamant at calling it out as a pen. I guess then it was pretty obvious to anyone in the ground.
« Last Edit: Saturday, March 7, 2015, 17:52:59 by ghanimah » Logged

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: Saturday, March 7, 2015, 17:51:40 »

I'm not really sure how we won that 3-0 to be honest.  For all the posession we'd had, we didn't really look like scoring.  Suddenly Swift scores from a nothing looking chance and then not long after has another chance, which results in Williams getting the penalty.  I thought he'd been held down, but nobody else by me seemed to have seen it and were surprised when a penalty was given.

As mentioned, the referee was awful.  Totally inconsistent in what he gave fouls for.  He seemed to like the sound if his own voice as well, continually calling players over for a chat that lasted a minute or so.  

As the game went on, the team were playing with far more confidence.  We need to keep that going and hope Preston have hit form a bit early.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: Saturday, March 7, 2015, 17:57:09 »

As I said when it happened, he's Deane Gorre'd it - a Huddersfield player that was sent off for the same thing years ago (although his had more arm waving).

That Dean Gorre sending off was an absolute classic, also for dissent. That was 15 years ago !!

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: Saturday, March 7, 2015, 18:00:44 »

We need to keep that going and hope Preston have hit form a bit early.

I reckon to get the second auto we'll need to win something like 8 of the last 11....a very difficult ask. However even though it's still a long way out, there might just be some benefit in finishing 3rd, in terms of PO positioning.

We could now do with winning on the road again, to restore a bit of confidence.....Vale Park, has been a bit more of a happy hunting ground recently, so a possibility....Donny on a Tuesday night  No proper STFC graveyard.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: Saturday, March 7, 2015, 18:02:34 »

When I saw 1 up top, and a midfield containing Swift my heart sank. So naturally the formation worked, albeit against a piss poor Notts County, and Swift was a very deserving man of the match with an excellent display.

First half first 10 it looked like that if we conceded we would concede a few.  We looked in a bit of a panic, and Wes made two good strong handed saves to keep it 0-0. But as we got to grips with the new formation and County, we pushed them back and started to dominate. Although we didn't create anything of note, we always looked like we could at any moment. Gladin fizzed a shot just wide, but that was about it.

The two controversial parts of the half came when firstly Byrne was booked for diving - hard to see if it was correct from my DRS seat but it looked plausible, and then when Willo took what look like a punch after he and the dirty cunt 15 got tangled up on the floor after a tangle. Now i have a little sympathy with the ref here, he was watching the game, but it happened about 10 feet from the lino who seemed to say he didn't see it. Nice one McGoo. Turnbull was booked for dissent, and that was correct even if understandable given the circumstances.

The ref was shit, no two ways. I'm not sure if he was making up for his ineptitude when he didn't book a county player that looked like a carbon copy of the dive Byrne made, maybe he thought it was a foulf and bottled it who knows.

Second half we , but Swift scored with a fine goal from about 20 yards. A low hard shot was powerful enough and pacey enough to beat Carroll. The second goal County will feel pissed off about, I already commented on it in reply to Audry, but it was a foul in the box, albeit one that doesn't normally get punished when the ball is on its way to being cleared anyway. Swift passed at the right time today, and seemed really well suited to his new free role supporting Williams. So much so Luongo was well and truely in his shadow today.

We added a third later on when Toffolo finally failed to hit the post from inside the area Smiley  Hylton made a cameo and it provided  a great comedy moment as he came sliding in a bit late on one of the County players. Said player seemed to roll over about 5 times squealing like a pig, must be a fan of Deliverance. Funnily enough he got up without so much as a limp once the free kick and yellow card came.

So Town are back. Well nearly. There were a couple of things to keep an eye on, to be harsh.

Firstly we still look vulnerable on the break. A few times  the County attack exposed us with attacking men left over. Branco made an excellent covering header to deny County a certain goal after a boal over the top caught out Thompson. And a greedy County player elected to blaze one over from distance when he had two players in the clear to his left.

Secondly we still aren't getting enough shots in.

But all in all a good day in the office. Very good indeed.
nigel grays a postie

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: Saturday, March 7, 2015, 18:06:23 »

lino who gave penalty presumably trying to compensate for not spotting their number 15 holding down and punching Williams in the head about 10 feet away from him. How the ref could book Byrne for diving and then not book the Notts number 15 (again) for the same offence 20 minutes later only he can explain. But luckily for him referees don't have to justify their incompetence. Town End called him a Sunday League referee. I'd be well pissed if that short arsed little twat came any where near refereeing my lads games on a Sunday

Rogers, Mayes, Shearer, Fjortoft, Cox, Austin, Ritchie. Seen em all flogged off on the cheap
kerry red

« Reply #156 on: Saturday, March 7, 2015, 18:11:54 »

All the main incidents were about as far away from me in the Arkells as they could be - allied to eyesight failure and my dilemma becomes clear.

So chuffed with the result I'm now baking some chocolate brownies!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: Saturday, March 7, 2015, 18:13:39 »

When I saw 1 up top, and a midfield containing Swift my heart sank. So naturally the formation worked, albeit against a piss poor Notts County, and Swift was a very deserving man of the match with an excellent display.

We played it against Barnsley , and won 2-0, so it was interesting that Cooper went back to it.  If using it we could pick up a win on the road, then it might be worth pursuing.
« Last Edit: Saturday, March 7, 2015, 18:19:44 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: Saturday, March 7, 2015, 18:24:40 »

And why announce the MoM with 12 mins still to go...

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: Saturday, March 7, 2015, 18:32:16 »

Second half we , but Swift scored with a fine goal from about 20 yards. A low hard shot was powerful enough and pacey enough to beat Carroll. The second goal County will feel pissed off about, I already commented on it in reply to Audry, but it was a foul in the box, albeit one that doesn't normally get punished when the ball is on its way to being cleared anyway. Swift passed at the right time today, and seemed really well suited to his new free role supporting Williams. So much so Luongo was well and truely in his shadow today.

Sorry to hear you missed the 1st goal when you were in the bog  Wink
« Last Edit: Saturday, March 7, 2015, 18:34:23 by Gnasher » Logged

Cats are better than dogs FACT
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: Saturday, March 7, 2015, 18:35:39 »

Feeling a proper fightback today. 4-0 Swindon, goals from Williams (2), Swift and Obika COYMR

Mm not bad.
normy

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: Saturday, March 7, 2015, 18:40:24 »

I was seated in DRS quite close to the penalty incident and the defender had his arms right round willo like a bear hug, when there was no danger to them whatsoever. What a tosser. Well taken though, good for confidence.

ust be the oldest
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: Saturday, March 7, 2015, 18:43:09 »

Buzzing from this. I hope this gives the players the much-needed confidence boost to go on and assault second place, now!

Highlights are Toffolo getting the much deserved goal then Swift passed the ball a considerable amount and took a shot! Hopefully he does that more often. Now onto Port Vale. Let's get a good turnout for this one.

I missed what happened to Willo on the halfway line though, what exactly happened off the ball? DRS seemed to hate the number 15 or number 5 for it.

Swindon Town Displays. Can you help out?
http://www.gofundme.com/STFCDisplays
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: Saturday, March 7, 2015, 19:07:13 »

I missed what happened to Willo on the halfway line though, what exactly happened off the ball? DRS seemed to hate the number 15 or number 5 for it.

There was a bit of a tussle with Williams and their 15 which resulted in the number 15 punching pinning him down then punching him. How the linesman didn't see it from 5 yards away is a joke.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: Saturday, March 7, 2015, 19:08:07 »

Buzzing from this. I hope this gives the players the much-needed confidence boost to go on and assault second place, now!

Highlights are Toffolo getting the much deserved goal then Swift passed the ball a considerable amount and took a shot! Hopefully he does that more often. Now onto Port Vale. Let's get a good turnout for this one.

They tangled on the floor and Willo appeared to take a punch from the 15 - who immediately ran over to the other side of the field when the ref stopped play.  Fucking lino should have seen it as it was in front of him!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: