Pages: 1 ... 116 117 118 [119]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New Manager thread part (96837494)  (Read 146187 times)
Oldwembley69

Ignore
« Reply #1770 on: Today at 12:02:12 »

'5 Jan 2023 — Barnet Football Club has today announced that Dean Brennan's contract has been extended by three and a half years until June 2026.'

Bit of compo due then! Angry
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #1771 on: Today at 12:06:25 »

Its all speculation, but from what i know its compensation is often set as a much smaller figure than the outstanding amount on a contract.

Additionally i think it was known that Garner when here was getting paid something like 45k a year! So a NL manager likely less.

So i know we have very little money but this compo thing isn't a big thing in my opinion.

Whats interesting is that in the Adver article a club source says talks are ongoing. Thats very unusual for anyone to comment until its done. Perhaps they are confident?
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #1772 on: Today at 12:07:42 »

Whats interesting is that in the Adver article a club source says talks are ongoing. Thats very unusual for anyone to comment until its done. Perhaps they are confident?

I think when there was that odd "has Flynn being sacked?" weekend there was a suggestion that people around the club were briefing it to put pressure on something happening. I do wonder if that might be what's up here...

But obviously we have only one decision maker and that's Clem.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #1773 on: Today at 12:14:21 »

Its all speculation, but from what i know its compensation is often set as a much smaller figure than the outstanding amount on a contract.

Additionally i think it was known that Garner when here was getting paid something like 45k a year! So a NL manager likely less.

So i know we have very little money but this compo thing isn't a big thing in my opinion.

£45k, is that all?
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #1774 on: Today at 12:16:18 »

£45k, is that all?

It may be a little higher now, but yes. Managers at this level get paid very little normally (relatively, i know thats still more than the national average, and probably most fans), less than most the players. Though i guess thats always the way higher up the leagues.

RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #1775 on: Today at 12:31:26 »

Indeed, Managers are notoriously paid under the player salary ranges.  Given the league average salary for a first team player at our level is around the 100k mark, 45-50k for a newish Manager seems about right.  Phil Smith gave up playing to go and try out being a train driver.  It's not a glamorous living in L2 for most.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #1776 on: Today at 12:36:15 »

A report in 2020 said the average L2 manager salary was about £80k. Allowing for inflation and what not I’d imagine the Barnet guy would be around that now as even though they are a league below they are full time and what not.

Apparently their owner is a hard negotiator as well so I could easily see it costing £100k+ to get him in and no way are we paying that IMO.

At the moment this feels a bit Lindsey like where we speak to a few people that were never coming then end up appointing Gunning claiming every avenue was explored. Would love to be proven wrong obviously….
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #1777 on: Today at 12:38:11 »

Out of curiosity who is his agent?

I'll wager: https://quorum-sports.com/

Club confirms it is in talks with manage = odd. Why do that? Unless:

It is in the agent's interest (promote the availability of a client)

It is in the client's interest (as above)

It is in Swindon's interest ("we looked around, but we just couldn't find anyone as incredible as Gavin")

Conspiracy theories aside, much better than Gunning. Does our favourite agent have any new owners up their sleeve?
« Last Edit: Today at 12:46:18 by Frigby Daser » Logged
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #1778 on: Today at 13:28:08 »

Playing devils advocate is a manager that was managing in non league more likely to want to come here and work on a small budget and with the club as it is  - a mess - as he would have already been on a limited budget in non league and gets to ply his trade in the FL, if it fails his rep in non league is unaffected, if he does well then he can move on up

Rather than a manager who has experience of L2 and maybe didn't go well elsewhere, would not want to risk his reputation and not get another job in FL if he fails.

Sadly we all know appointing a new manager isn't going to change things overnight, there needs a shake up of football operations behind the scenes as well, experience is needed above the manager, Jamie Russell may have been around football for years but he is the only person in a senior role that has, and his role among other things is seemingly to sign the players, he cant do everything despite maybe wanting to.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #1779 on: Today at 15:35:46 »

No need to get personal.  Difference is I say this as a joke rather than to troll, which is very much your MO.  You can get back under your bridge now..

No, I usually say it as a joke but you beat me to it.
I’m usually that dickhead. It’s self deprecating humour aim at myself.

Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #1780 on: Today at 15:43:28 »

I saw someone suggesting that Gillingham are interested in him too, if that is the case we probably don’t have much chance
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #1781 on: Today at 15:54:04 »

I saw someone suggesting that Gillingham are interested in him too, if that is the case we probably don’t have much chance

Gillingham have already appointed Bonner.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #1782 on: Today at 15:56:38 »

I think it's exactly the kind of appointment we should be making but as has been alluded to, he's going to have far, far better options than us I'd have thought.

Suspect this was 'leaked' so that the Clem fan boys can say "well he tried, bless him" when he's gone to Gillingham and weve appointed Gunning*

*happy to be proved wrong

Edit: Gillingham or wherever
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #1783 on: Today at 16:42:25 »

£45k, is that all?
Nearly as much as you 4D !!.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 118 [119]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: