Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Your The Boss  (Read 3711 times)
Processed Beats

I drop beats from this processed meat.

Ignore
« on: Friday, December 4, 2009, 20:00:09 »

After 17 Games (18/19 for the rest), our current problem is our front line, attackers, strikers or whichever synonym you prefer to use. This is very much different to last season. Imagine Fitton grants you money to go out and buy one or two quality strikers in January, who would you look to buy or loan in? Your limit is a six figure sum Smiley
flammableBen

« Reply #1 on: Friday, December 4, 2009, 20:03:54 »

Paynter is alright, and CharlieA seems to have some potential. I guess we could do with a little tricky bastard. Someone like Jo Kuffour? I remember him wandering around with the ball barely in control a lot when we had him on loan.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, December 4, 2009, 20:11:16 »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brett_Pitman

Young..good with both feet....£100,000 might not quite get him but he looks a good prospect.
flammableBen

« Reply #3 on: Friday, December 4, 2009, 20:13:04 »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brett_Pitman

Young..good with both feet....£100,000 might not quite get him but he looks a good prospect.

I took the limit being a 6-figure sum meaning anything up to £999,999
flammableBen

« Reply #4 on: Friday, December 4, 2009, 20:17:47 »

although £100,000 is a much more realistic limit, so sticking to that would probably be better.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Friday, December 4, 2009, 20:20:54 »

Fuck me.....thaught we should have got Lambert..thats history so now i like Pitman..hes going to cost though...prob about half a million.
flammableBen

« Reply #6 on: Friday, December 4, 2009, 20:29:05 »

To be honest, the player we should get is probably some youth/reserve player in the divisions above that I've never heard of. Like Cox was (before we had him on loan).

I still stick with my tricky quick player idea.

DMR

« Reply #7 on: Friday, December 4, 2009, 23:34:53 »

Agree on the Brett Pitman shout, also always rated Adam Le Fondre and he's been banging them in this season.
Doore

« Reply #8 on: Friday, December 4, 2009, 23:50:33 »

Dagnall from Rochdale could be worth a look, but would agree on Le Fondre more than anyone else mentioned.
Dazzza

« Reply #9 on: Saturday, December 5, 2009, 00:01:11 »

Cheeky bid for PNE's Jon Parkin, I’ve always been a fan of the Beast from Barnsley.  Failing that I'd have a speculative sniff at Brodie of York City. 

jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Saturday, December 5, 2009, 00:03:15 »

Fuck me.....thaught we should have got Lambert.

With the benefit of hindsight, not going for Lambert was a major mistake and it wouldn't surprise me if Fitton is kicking himself a bit. With Lambert's goals we'd most likely be 2nd or 3rd by now and a banker for the play offs.

As it stands, I reckon we should be waiting to see who has financial problems come January and then try to pick up some bargains. Bound to be a good few going on the cheap. Plus us being around the play offs will help attract half decent players.
DMR

« Reply #11 on: Saturday, December 5, 2009, 00:05:52 »

Lambert would never in a million years have come here, he said he wanted to either move up a league or go to one of the biggest clubs in the same league... Soton might have the points deduction, but them we ain't.
Doore

« Reply #12 on: Saturday, December 5, 2009, 00:07:16 »

Lambert would never in a million years have come here, he said he wanted to either move up a league or go to one of the biggest clubs in the same league... Soton might have the points deduction, but them we ain't.
Yes.
flammableBen

« Reply #13 on: Saturday, December 5, 2009, 00:13:43 »

I think this thread has shown a massive lack of imagination. "oh! they've scored lots of goals for XTEAM, let's sign them". There's no way that the STFC fund would stretch that far, let's go for the sensible options. We need someone who can run on the ball with a bit of pace.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Saturday, December 5, 2009, 00:42:41 »

He was exactly inundated with offers though was he? I didn't hear of anyone else going for him and Southampton signed him pretty close to deadline day. He might have viewed as us a better proposition than another season at Rovers, maybe.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: