Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Youngsters next season.  (Read 4313 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Monday, June 8, 2009, 18:19:21 »

If this is aimed at me then I feel you are way off the mark, I am very willing to give every player, kid or not, a chance and at no point was I getting "on his case".

I just stated that from where I was watching his crossing was poor and way off the mark....or maybe that was due to the strikers not being in the right position for his crosses?

And I also stated that that is the only 1st team game I have seen him play in, and as R4E says apparently he had a good game at Crewe but I am unable to judge as I was not there.

But you said he looked way out of his depth...which I'd consider a very harsh judgement, especially in such an inept team performance.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #16 on: Monday, June 8, 2009, 18:51:11 »

He was way out of his depth, he was the worst player on the pitch IMO, but thats not me judging his whole career based on one sub standard performance, as I think you will find I stated.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #17 on: Monday, June 8, 2009, 19:05:03 »

Hahaha Reg the most depressing doom and gloom merchant ever thinks are fans are harsh.
pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Monday, June 8, 2009, 19:21:13 »

Kennedy was not the worst player on the pitch that day. That honour belonged to Amankwaah, who was utterly inept. Callum was poor, but so were the 9 other outfield players........

The memories of that day still scar me.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #19 on: Monday, June 8, 2009, 19:32:34 »

Scarred for life, actually I forgot how bad Awankman was, i mentally blocked it!

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Monday, June 8, 2009, 20:08:42 »

Kennedy was not the worst player on the pitch that day. That honour belonged to Amankwaah, who was utterly inept. Callum was poor, but so were the 9 other outfield players........

The memories of that day still scar me.

Quite...when a kid comes into a side, he should expect a bit of help from the senior pros around him...didn't get any that day.
santasdead

« Reply #21 on: Monday, June 8, 2009, 20:12:52 »

I'd like to see kennedy kick on next season,both times i saw him last season he was really good, especially at crewe.

Morrison,if he stays,would be a good asset next year i think,him and greer will be tough beating.

pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Monday, June 8, 2009, 20:37:26 »

The more I cast my mind back to that day - and boy there are some vivid memories still etched in my mind - the more I believe young Callum was more unsure of his role. He looked completely lost that day, and got worse as soon as the moaning started. He wasn't helped by having the woeful Jack Shit as 'support' at LB.

Quite a miserable team performance, including some strange tactical decisions (or lack of IMO) by Wilson. Matched by a miserable performance from the fans, me included.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Monday, June 8, 2009, 20:51:28 »

Quite a miserable team performance, including some strange tactical decisions (or lack of IMO) by Wilson. Matched by a miserable performance from the fans, me included.

I've come to hate these games, where our fans turn out in decent numbers at what are for us old school fans, essentially non league clubs and we're pathetic and get rolled over. The worst part of it is their fans don't seem to care much either way.

This recentish list of shame would be headed by two defeats at Cheltnumb...losing at R and D was it Boxing Day, when Fallon got sent off on debut. Losing at Macclesfield, and Barnet where our fans outnumbered the home support...and lastly this season at Yeovil.

Our record at Wycombe isn't too bad in the league...but getting beat 4-1 in the Cup when Tony Adams was wheeled out, sort of qualifies.
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Monday, June 8, 2009, 21:40:32 »

Kennedy was poor in the game at Yeovil, but it's worth bearing in mind that he was playing left-mid, where he looked decidely uncomfortable, and as others have said, he wasn't helped by the poor team performance.

Also, when he had that short run in the side earlier in the season, he played very well, barely putting a foot wrong - I'd say that was a better example of what he has to offer the team.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
chrome dome

« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, June 10, 2009, 16:06:29 »

It's difficult to judge any of the youngsters on their performances last year because they were coming into a team that was playing badly and lacked confidence. Morrison should continue to improve and show his worth. Kennedy looks a good player but needs to bulk up - he looked a bit lightweight up against the big boys. Macklin has genuine pace and skill but he's still only 17 so there's plenty of time for him to develop and I reckon we might see what he can do if he's given the chance. Not sure about Thompson - I've seen him several times and think he's overated
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, June 10, 2009, 17:06:08 »

I've come to hate these games, where our fans turn out in decent numbers at what are for us old school fans, essentially non league clubs and we're pathetic and get rolled over. The worst part of it is their fans don't seem to care much either way.

This recentish list of shame would be headed by two defeats at Cheltnumb...losing at R and D was it Boxing Day, when Fallon got sent off on debut. Losing at Macclesfield, and Barnet where our fans outnumbered the home support...and lastly this season at Yeovil.

Our record at Wycombe isn't too bad in the league...but getting beat 4-1 in the Cup when Tony Adams was wheeled out, sort of qualifies.
That Barnet defeat was shameful, and the Wycombe game was poor. Thankfully I wasn't at any of the others!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: