Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Youngsters next season.  (Read 4309 times)
Don Rogers Shop

« on: Monday, June 8, 2009, 08:49:35 »

So who are we realistically hoping could make a breakthrough to the first team next season?

Kennedy and Thompson for me.Not saying they will be playing week in week out but would expect these two to be involved a lot more next season.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, June 8, 2009, 09:13:55 »

Macklin maybe.
Spy

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, June 8, 2009, 12:45:21 »

Kennedy. Morrison will continue to establish himself.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, June 8, 2009, 12:50:19 »

I can see Morrison being 1st choice, and Kennedy being given a real run (like Morrison last season). For both of them a permanent 1st team place will be there for the taking, they just have to perform.

I can't see Macklin getting many starts at first, a regular on the subs bench though.
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, June 8, 2009, 13:06:48 »

I agree with jonny here, think Kennedy could get a run in the side. I'm hopeful for Macklin, as he showed some quality against Brighton when he came on - and for no other reason than gut feeling, I'd say the Orient game was a blip for him.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, June 8, 2009, 14:06:32 »

Macklin could have a good chance. I think Wilson rates him and likes his pace.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, June 8, 2009, 14:18:42 »

I agree with jonny here, think Kennedy could get a run in the side. I'm hopeful for Macklin, as he showed some quality against Brighton when he came on - and for no other reason than gut feeling, I'd say the Orient game was a blip for him.
I'm pretty sure you're right about the Orient game. If that's all he had to offer he wouldn't still be at the club! Just needs some time to settle in to the 1st team a bit I reckon, rather than having a relegation-threatened crowd abusing his every error
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Monday, June 8, 2009, 14:38:08 »

I'm pretty sure you're right about the Orient game. If that's all he had to offer he wouldn't still be at the club!

He was shit in that game. But it looked like he was a bit nervous, his first touch was terrible and it went downhill from there. Though he did get one good run at the defence in. He will improve (he can't get any worse than Orient) and I'm sure Wilson will give him plenty of time to develop - like he has Marshall.

I haven't seen him play much (just the Orient game) but he looked a lot more attacking than McNamee and Marshall, more of a striker / winger (like Kanu) than a midfield / winger. Anyone seen him play more often?
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #8 on: Monday, June 8, 2009, 14:55:29 »

Yes and i honestly dont think he is anywhere near ready. Dont think he has played that many ressie games yet. I dont doubt for 1 min he will be a very good player just not yet.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #9 on: Monday, June 8, 2009, 15:32:46 »

The only time I have seen Kennedy in the first team was at Yeovil and he looked way way out of his depth, I have seen him in the ressys and he looks OK

Maybe it was just a poor 1 off performance and I can't judge him by that but his crossing was totally wayward and very early, never took on his man, but then he was playing more left wing and not left back which is his natural position.

But hes still very young as is Maklin, who looks very keen and quick but no better than Marshall for me.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #10 on: Monday, June 8, 2009, 15:54:58 »

Problem with kennedy last year was he never got to play alongside greer. You only have to look at the improvement morrison gained alongside him to see how important that was. The times kennedy played too many players shirked responsibility.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Monday, June 8, 2009, 16:00:36 »

Maybe it was just a poor 1 off performance and I can't judge him by that but his crossing was totally wayward and very early, never took on his man, but then he was playing more left wing and not left back which is his natural position.

Funny old game isn't it....I was quite impressed by his early crossing, which is exactly what coaches tell you to do, it's then up to the strikers to get on the end of it.

OK I was at the other end of the ground mostly, but he seemed to get it into dangerous areas. Then again I'm one of those who'll always give a kid a chance before getting on his case...unlike many Town fans.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Monday, June 8, 2009, 16:01:26 »

The only time I have seen Kennedy in the first team was at Yeovil and he looked way way out of his depth, I have seen him in the ressys and he looks OK

But hes still very young as is Maklin, who looks very keen and quick but no better than Marshall for me.
Kennedy had a good game at Crewe, which is more than could be said for most
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Monday, June 8, 2009, 16:04:16 »

I thought Kennedy looked good in all the games I saw him, maybe not 100% there but pretty close. A lot more consistent than the other youngsters and was a lot better in his first game than Morrison was.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #14 on: Monday, June 8, 2009, 16:07:32 »

Funny old game isn't it....I was quite impressed by his early crossing, which is exactly what coaches tell you to do, it's then up to the strikers to get on the end of it.

OK I was at the other end of the ground mostly, but he seemed to get it into dangerous areas. Then again I'm one of those who'll always give a kid a chance before getting on his case...unlike many Town fans.

If this is aimed at me then I feel you are way off the mark, I am very willing to give every player, kid or not, a chance and at no point was I getting "on his case".

I just stated that from where I was watching his crossing was poor and way off the mark....or maybe that was due to the strikers not being in the right position for his crosses?

And I also stated that that is the only 1st team game I have seen him play in, and as R4E says apparently he had a good game at Crewe but I am unable to judge as I was not there.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: