Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 26   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Town to make midday statement  (Read 50151 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #270 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 14:14:00 »

Likewise. Well said Si.

This for me is about the football. New season, new ambition, new players wanting to play for a influential individual.
New Order? Smiley
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #271 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 14:17:15 »

When do we get to see him with the scarf over his head anyway?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #272 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 14:18:03 »

Monday
stfcinbmth

« Reply #273 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 14:18:22 »

New Order? Smiley

Any excuse

Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #274 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 14:21:07 »

It's a crying shame that two good members of this forum feel so strongly about the appointment that they have deleted their accounts, it's kind of deflated my excitement somewhat.
Hopefully they'll reconsider.
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #275 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 14:24:27 »

It's a crying shame that two good members of this forum feel so strongly about the appointment that they have deleted their accounts, it's kind of deflated my excitement somewhat.

who has gone?
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #276 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 14:25:13 »

Apparently the Pox don't like him much ('cos obviously if given the chance to have Di Canio manage them they would turn him down on principle):

I really hope this comes back to bite them:

never a better chance to win at the county ground

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #277 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 14:26:27 »

who has gone?

I think both flammableBen and mexico red have deleted their accounts.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #278 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 14:27:06 »

Hmm.

Not quite on the Paul and Mex boycott train
If you mean me, I don't know that I am either. I haven't said that although I have stood up for those like mex and Dorset Red who've said they will.
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #279 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 14:29:22 »

I really wasn't sure about him leading up to the appointment, but now its happened I cant hide my excitement for next season!
I can understand some fans have strong views on his beliefs and find it hard to back him as a manager, I hope that he can win them round and we can all celebrate a great promotion winning season (hopefully)
sheepshagger
Suburban Capitalist........

Ignore
« Reply #280 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 14:34:03 »

I can understand Ben and Mex not wanting to go to the games - but why delete their accounts on here ?

This forum is not linked with the club - it's merely an outlet for fans to talk about all sorts - including a lot of non football stuff...

I cannot understand the logic to be honest....

Wise men say........
Barry Scott

« Reply #281 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 14:34:55 »

It's a real shame, like you I feel a bit deflated. I can't believe a new manager means they won't support the club again. Maybe Mex was one of the 18,400? Wink

I can understand Ben and Mex not wanting to go to the games - but why delete their accounts on here ?

This forum is not linked with the club - it's merely an outlet for fans to talk about all sorts - including a lot of non football stuff...

Perhaps it's due to feeling disillusioned? Afterall there are a number of fans pleased and it'd perhaps be quite hard to see why? It's like when I found out a good friend took crack, I was so disgusted I didn't feel like he was a friend anymore.
« Last Edit: Friday, May 20, 2011, 14:38:23 by Barry Scott » Logged
Phil_S

Who changed my Avatar ?!

Ignore
« Reply #282 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 14:43:20 »

I can understand the guys who detest fascism. However, can't somone who (in the heat of the moment with adrenaline pumping) makes a Nazi salute later regret their actions.
I'm not saying that this is the case with Di Canio, but to me actions speak louder than words.
A guy called Oscar Schindler sucked up to the Nazi's in WW2, but is now lauded as a good guy because of what he did not what he said.
Di Canio, said he was a fascist, but what does that mean in Italian. Does it mean right wing, or neo nazi, I have no idea.
I know one thing. He pushed a ref over & he stopped play when in a position to score because an opposition player was injured.
I'll judge him on how he acts as STFC manager.

From the Dark Side
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #283 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 14:43:42 »

I think I can. The overwhelming mood is that people are really pleased about what they see as an exciting appointment. If you don't join in that general euphoria, but actually find the cause of it makes you feel quite sick then it's difficult to be around. A bit like (say) a Tory being at the 97 Blair victory party. Or being at a party where everyone's celebrating and you've just been told your grandma's dead. Or some equally inappropriate metaphor. You have two alternatives: go round being a bit "pissing on everyone's strawberries" or simply remove yourself from the party you're so obviously out of sync with.

Of course, Ben and Mex may have completely different reasons and I may be talking out of my arse. As usual.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #284 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 14:46:08 »

I can understand the guys who detest fascism. However, can't somone who (in the heat of the moment with adrenaline pumping) makes a Nazi salute later regret their actions.
Yes of course they can. He doesn't. He's made that very clear.
I'm not saying that this is the case with Di Canio, but to me actions speak louder than words.
Erm, that's largely the point?
Di Canio, said he was a fascist, but what does that mean in Italian.
It means fascist.
I'll judge him on how he acts as STFC manager.
I think that's probably best in your case, you seem a little confused on everything else.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 26   Go Up
Print
Jump to: