Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: BBC Wilts Phone In ....  (Read 58246 times)
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Thursday, August 1, 2013, 10:10:02 »

I just wish he'd pronounce his "H's".
PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Thursday, August 1, 2013, 10:14:27 »

I enjoyed that, thought it's the best I've heard Jed come across.

HOWEVER why didn't the interviewer ask him why KMac left, particularly when the subject came up?
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Thursday, August 1, 2013, 10:36:53 »

I liked the stuff on playing style...very difficult strategy to implement, for obvious reasons. But a brave philosphy, so hope it works.

Are you feeling ok Reg?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Thursday, August 1, 2013, 11:31:52 »

Is it really fair to say that the atmosphere was poor under the last administration? Does anyone know?

There is a fair amount of hot air in there. Apparently we, the fans, were clamouring for Byrne to sign. Also, what on earth does he mean by "it wasn't a transfer embargo, it was a club embargo".

Interesting that Lee Power can only spend 90 days a year in the UK, because he is a Swiss resident.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Thursday, August 1, 2013, 11:44:17 »

I just wish he'd pronounce his "H's".

And wear a tie I was cringing at the obvious open neck collar of some of his answers - Jed out.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Thursday, August 1, 2013, 11:47:50 »

Is it really fair to say that the atmosphere was poor under the last administration? Does anyone know?

There is a fair amount of hot air in there. Apparently we, the fans, were clamouring for Byrne to sign. Also, what on earth does he mean by "it wasn't a transfer embargo, it was a club embargo".

Interesting that Lee Power can only spend 90 days a year in the UK, because he is a Swiss resident.

Well I imagine if it was obvious the owners had fallen out big style, were threatening to put the club into administration whilst the manager was stating how awful the place was at every opportunity that the staff may have felt a little under threat and thus a little pissed off with the whole shooting match! Equally I am beginning t wonder what the atmosphere with the players was as it seems there were some huge differences with wages, depends what they knew I suppose.

The Power thing is par for the course if he lives under the tax regime of Switzerland and thus is not resident for tax purposes in the OK.

Power out - oh he is.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Thursday, August 1, 2013, 11:51:58 »

I think people would understand/accept Power more willingly if he did an interview clarifying his role and what he's accountable for.

Jed was direct messaging me on twitter the other day and I said the exact same thing. He said a statement would come later that day from Power and never did.
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Thursday, August 1, 2013, 12:11:47 »

Jed was direct messaging me on twitter the other day and I said the exact same thing. He said a statement would come later that day from Power and never did.

Jed sent me a direct message about a month ago saying Power would speak in the next week!

I didnt realise he only spends 90 days a year in the country.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Thursday, August 1, 2013, 12:18:28 »

Jed sent me a direct message about a month ago saying Power would speak in the next week!

He meant that Power would say something, he's a very quiet bloek you know.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Thursday, August 1, 2013, 13:12:18 »

He meant that Power would say something, he's a very quiet bloek you know.

Is he like Teller whereas Jed is more of a Penn?
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Thursday, August 1, 2013, 14:39:54 »

Yeah he confirmed that to me also. Seems an odd thing to point out when you're talking about a bloke and saying that people think he's dodgy.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Thursday, August 1, 2013, 14:48:28 »

It's what happens if you want to avoid paying UK tax...the reason why Power can't be the actual boss.
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Thursday, August 1, 2013, 14:53:06 »

It's what happens if you want to avoid paying UK tax...the reason why Power can't be the actual boss.

So  ...

Is Power actually dodgy?
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Thursday, August 1, 2013, 15:06:22 »

11:05am Thu 1 Aug 13
fredi says...

London Red, I read your (almost daily) comments and note that you are constantly condescending and patronising towards fellow posters. Some of us, while reading the message boards daily, only feel the need to contribute when there is something valid to say. You should try it.

My concerns, and those of many other fans, have not been dispelled by the summer activity, but rather heightened. I sat quietly listening to Steve Murrall's business plans and though the numbers seemed wildly optimistic, did not comment because I am not negative for negative's sake but rather like any true fan want to hear positive ideas for taking the club forward which Steve certainly attempted to convey. I found it amusing that Steve "knew" who I was, and kept silent when told that my comments were personal in nature. I have never been employed by STFC and my previous comments were purely factual, not personal.

I have asked for honesty and transparency from the Board but we have not got it. Whether he was the right man for the job or not, KMAC is one of the nicest guys you could meet and for him to leave because he considered his position untenable should have raised more media concern than it did. When Lee Power bought the club, he paid off Jed and those briefly associated with the club, Greg Hall, Tommy Agombar and Martin King. Nothing wrong with that, but we have a right to know who owns the club. I think we also have a right to know the details of the Spurs arrangement. An excellent deal for Spurs clearly, but I am only concerned about STFC - I am told that under the agreement, the Spurs players have to play, but I think it is right to question the integrity of such an arrangement. Against this background, what chance of attracting a new manager, if there is a meagre wage (KMAC never even had a contract), no say in player acquisition and even a limited say in team selection ? Power let it be known that he expected to make an appointment "within 48 hours " of KMAC's departure, with a Spurs mate lined up, but for whatever reason that fell through and attracting someone from outside the "circle of trust" may prove difficult.

It seems highly likely that if we get a half decent start, Cooper keeps the job full time - he seems to have handled himself very well over the summer and probably deserves his chance. Whether or not we all agree on that, there is one thing that we can all agree on, and that is to give the manager and players our 100% support from Saturday. While off field concerns remain valid, so does the need to get behind the team on the pitch. COYR

p.s. question for London Red. I have some silver cutlery at home. If I hock it for whatever I can get, and borrow some cheap silver plated stuff, I've still got a drawer full of cutlery, right ? So nothing's changed ?
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Thursday, August 1, 2013, 16:34:26 »

Ha! The Agombar link is actually quite funny, if true. And they wonder why we dare call into question their credibility!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: