Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 ... 36   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Colchester Utd v Swindon Town match day thread.  (Read 27046 times)
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #405 on: Sunday, January 1, 2023, 17:59:18 »

Nothing of particular note, sounded fairly downbeat and mentioned having a young side but agrees we should be finishing in the play off places.

Who is he agreeing with? Most would and have said top 3.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #406 on: Sunday, January 1, 2023, 18:00:02 »

My nephew highlighted a point.

Lindseys record is now worse then Phil Brown, and Phil Brown had the likes of Ben Purkiss and Luke Norris, not Johnny Williams and Reed

Wow
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #407 on: Sunday, January 1, 2023, 18:00:09 »

Who is he agreeing with? Most would and have said top 3.

My betting slip does too.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #408 on: Sunday, January 1, 2023, 18:00:23 »

In all fairness Jim, take out the loss of income and I’d probably feel the same. I am utterly fucked off with lining the pockets of the owners (previous it has to be admitted), players (not all) and management over the years for what I consider to be a deficit in terms of enjoyment, won matches and entertaining football. Like many my time served goes back to the early ‘70’s (yes there are those who go back further) when the decline started after the dismantling of the ‘69 squad. The ground is a shithole compared to what it SHOULD be, the fans a lower league Newcastle Utd in terms of support and expectation v results. To me a min of £10k over then next few years to retirement would be a tangible amount to add to my retirement fund. Couple of very, very nice holidays to some places on my bucket list.

So Clem, Aberdeen et al, sort this shit out now. Please.

I have said this season on a number of posts I expect some activity in the Jan window, still do. However, if Charlie is the only addition then I’ll be fucked if that is enough. Unless a radical shift in tactics and formation combine to pull off a Houdinieesque escape from this depressing league.

As for ground redevelopment  Girl Giggle Where is the money going to come from for that? Bums on seats and extra income, in L2? Yeah right.

Like everyone else I really want SL to succeed. I really do, honestly. There again if he does could he step up to the plate for us in L1?

The problem is LL with over half the season gone none of us really know if Lindsey can get the best out of what players he's presented with so how long does Clem trust him.

So, give no fucks
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #409 on: Sunday, January 1, 2023, 18:01:39 »

Quote from: ChalkyWhiteIsGod
The whole "we're in this mess because of the develop to flog on" thing doesn't even wash. Championship and Premiership clubs aren't lining up to buy players because they complete a lot of passes a game. They want winners.

yeah I agree, you have to be exceptional to be plucked from a mid table division 4 team
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #410 on: Sunday, January 1, 2023, 18:03:08 »

Lindsey needs to realise that the chicken balti pies consumed by the hardy away support performed better than his team did today.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #411 on: Sunday, January 1, 2023, 18:05:51 »

The problem is LL with over half the season gone none of us really know if Lindsey can get the best out of what players he's presented with so how long does Clem trust him.

As I said earlier. The numbers don’t lie and there are televised performances to back it up. When you look at last season and see how much shit we were in and look what the club achieved with its back to the wall. 12 months later and we are in a worse place but with little or no debt.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #412 on: Sunday, January 1, 2023, 18:07:03 »

they reminds me, where in earth are the chicken balti pies in the DRS? I can only find burgers,  hot dogs and pasty/sausage rolls.

for those in the arkells the gyros van is round the back of the DRS, £8 for Huh? (I've not bought)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #413 on: Sunday, January 1, 2023, 18:07:22 »

As I said earlier. The numbers don’t lie and there are televised performances to back it up. When you look at last season and see how much shit we were in and look what the club achieved with its back to the wall. 12 months later and we are in a worse place but with little or no debt.

And looking forward to a mouth watering game against Man City.

So, give no fucks
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #414 on: Sunday, January 1, 2023, 18:10:31 »

This is where I hope that Morfuni has some form of independent football advice. He admits himself he is relatively new to this. If Sandro is his football guy, we could be in trouble, because he’ll defend his appointment of Lindsey, and keep him on. The next few days could be pivotal for Morfuni’s time at the club. Make a good appointment, and we could get back on track, and he gets a good asset to sell when he wishes in the future. If we are passive and retain Lindsey, then we’re only going one way.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #415 on: Sunday, January 1, 2023, 18:10:36 »

Don't know the number but it looked decent enough to be fair, they just didn't have a lot to make a noise about sadly...

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #416 on: Sunday, January 1, 2023, 18:12:14 »

Cheers Shaun & 4D

So, give no fucks
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #417 on: Sunday, January 1, 2023, 18:13:02 »

This team really is the antithesis of the Paolo era league two team, who were ironically the type of football SL described. Fast paced, fast moving, or whatever bollocks he come out with that was clearly lip service.

This is lethargic, apathetic, sleep walking football.
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #418 on: Sunday, January 1, 2023, 18:13:45 »

And looking forward to a mouth watering game against Man City.

Indeed.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #419 on: Sunday, January 1, 2023, 18:14:39 »

This is where I hope that Morfuni has some form of independent football advice. He admits himself he is relatively new to this. If Sandro is his football guy, we could be in trouble, because he’ll defend his appointment of Lindsey, and keep him on. The next few days could be pivotal for Morfuni’s time at the club. Make a good appointment, and we could get back on track, and he gets a good asset to sell when he wishes in the future. If we are passive and retain Lindsey, then we’re only going one way.

Sandro knows Leam Richardson from Wigan. If he's got a backbone, it's time to act.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 ... 36   Go Up
Print
Jump to: