Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: last summer  (Read 1242 times)
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, May 10, 2005, 21:23:13 »

i was sat in a pub in auckland new zealand talking to robinnz from thisis, he is a really good bloke originally from south oxon and has been in exile for 25+ years, he was desperate to hear of any news about the club and where we were going.

this was on the back of that defeat at withdean, however the general outline of what i said to him was as follows:

we have a cracking squad which is capable of tearing this division apart, with igoe and howard out wide supplying the crosses for mooney and parkin and with a solid back line i told him we would walk the division, no problem. i was totally confident, i said that i hadnt seen such a good swindon team for years possibly since hoddle era, and the future look fantastic.

now if i were to have the same conversation with robinnz this summer what a contrast would be had, so what went wrong? questions have to be asked. from a summer brimming with confidence to a summer contemplating a fight against relegation.

i have waited until now to type this, i have to question mr kings man management skills and tatical nous, and i wait with baited breath hoping he can uncover some more hidden gems.
Anonymous

« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, May 10, 2005, 21:31:35 »

MR, can i come with you this summer?
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, May 10, 2005, 21:32:58 »

no
magnum150

« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, May 10, 2005, 21:49:37 »

What went wrong?

well we lost 20 goals with Mooney although we will never know if he could have repeated that feat this year. Chances are he would have still chipped in early in the season.

Kingy lost faith in Fallon too early and tried putting Howard up front. A move that could have paid of, but again King tinckered and went to one up front.

I think the loss of Gurney was perhaps underestimated. His vocal ability and his 'talent' of chopping into opposition players can be useful sometimes. And let's not forget he was 3rd top scorer for 03/04. 7 Goals isn't bad for a right back.

Jerel turned out not to be the saviour of the back row. Talent and pace no doubt, but his lack of awareness and concetration proved his undoing.

Loss of form for Nicho, persisting with 'Oolit, lack of Partner for Super Sam, right backs a plenty, Duke on his off days and Fat Howard all played their part.

Da-rius and Holmes proved we had the team at times. Mcmaster, chavvy from Tottenahm and Roberts glimmered but never shone. Same for Igoe and Fall-on

Not one thing went badly wrong, just nothing gelled consistently. That word again.

Take all of our good moments from the year and make a team from that and we would have whooped this league.

That last statement makes me sick. We could have done it chaps, it was there for the taking.

Dang! Crying
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, May 10, 2005, 21:51:04 »

This is so depressing.
Amir

« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, May 10, 2005, 21:51:07 »

we have a cracking squad which is capable of tearing this division apart, with igoe and howard out wide supplying the crosses for mooney and parkin and with a solid back line i told him we would walk the division, no problem.

I think the answer lies here.  Igoe and Howard were a shadow of last season, the loss of Mooney hurt us, and the defence proved to be anything but solid.  I just don't think there was the same belief this year either, and personally I was alot less confident last summer than the one before.  King hasn't changed(will he ever?), so I don't think too much blame can rest on his shoulders.
Spencer_White

« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2005, 15:31:36 »

Bang on. Unfortunately the chance has been lost.

We took risks in summer 2003 and were richly rewarded, we didnt rejuvinate the squad in summer 2004 and were suverely punished.

The Roberts injury hurt us very badly, the partnership was comming along very nicely until the car crash before the LDV game. Shall we hunt down the Thamesdown bus driver?
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Friday, May 13, 2005, 16:13:36 »

Or we could just blame City?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: