Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 ... 53   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lindsey gone  (Read 62501 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #435 on: Tuesday, January 10, 2023, 09:02:39 »

Suspect its gone a while to drag yet, once we have identified who we want then got to persuade them to take the job.

But its critical to act fast too, the window is open
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #436 on: Tuesday, January 10, 2023, 09:07:43 »

This whole situation is such pure, unadulterated, indiluted, classic....Swindon.

Love it Wink
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #437 on: Tuesday, January 10, 2023, 09:08:11 »

But its critical to act fast too, the window is open

Oh I don't disagree with you, but if the rumours from the summer are correct we are not the massive lure that some think we are, with many managers being uncomfortable with 'the project' add into the mix the chairman now apparently signing players over the managers head and I would suspect many experienced managers are going to want assurances.  
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #438 on: Tuesday, January 10, 2023, 09:15:56 »

It's been five days since the club tweeted *anything* other than a scheduled Carabao advert. Considering it's usually posting about great vibes six times a day, something is clearly up. I'm sure the duck is paddling furiously beneath the water but it's not ideal - and other clubs don't *seem* to act this way (although perhaps we're just not paying attention!)
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #439 on: Tuesday, January 10, 2023, 09:16:30 »

What were the rumours?
The Million Pound Man

Ignore
« Reply #440 on: Tuesday, January 10, 2023, 09:19:54 »

It's been five days since the club tweeted *anything* other than a scheduled Carabao advert. Considering it's usually posting about great vibes six times a day, something is clearly up. I'm sure the duck is paddling furiously beneath the water but it's not ideal - and other clubs don't *seem* to act this way (although perhaps we're just not paying attention!)

the Austin homecoming/ pack the CG rhetoric has been well and truly derailed. the bank wont be needed.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #441 on: Tuesday, January 10, 2023, 09:22:31 »

the Austin homecoming/ pack the CG rhetoric has been well and truly derailed. the bank wont be needed.

Yeah, I get that they'll get a bunch of "tell us what is happening!!!11!" replies, but I don't really get why that can't continue. It's January, you'll get planks in the replies saying "Confirm Messi" anyway.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #442 on: Tuesday, January 10, 2023, 09:31:23 »

Therapy?

Going nowhere?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #443 on: Tuesday, January 10, 2023, 09:32:15 »

Going nowhere?

Well its definitely not the Church of Noise!
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #444 on: Tuesday, January 10, 2023, 10:07:23 »

While I'd love official confirmation and a new manager sorted already, we could se sat here facing the rest of the season with Lindsey in charge. I can't imagine Mildenhall or whoever will do much worse in the interim.

I'm thankful.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #445 on: Tuesday, January 10, 2023, 10:15:39 »

If its more than 27p and a packet of monster munch then we've absolutely had it off. I'm completely incredulous we've got compo for him. Its not just the money we're getting from Crawley, its the money we're saving when he was clearly heading towards the sack.

Fantastic news.
100% this.

Creepy fans delighted with his signing it seems.

https://ctfcfansforum.freeforums.net/thread/2360/scott-lindsey?page=2

Underwhelming. Though not sure anyone half decent would want to come to us at the moment.

This is a p155 take surely we do not need another fool at the club

I thought this was a spoof when I read it at first. He's only been managing for four and a half months and has lost more matches than he's won.
This constant changing is ridiculous. I think a gem might just have been unearthed in Darren Byfield and I'm hoping he'll be given a run of matches to prove himself.
There's nothing official regarding Lindsey yet as far as I can see. Let's hope the rumours are groundless.

33% win rate
2 wins in the last 9
Swindon fans seem happy he has gone

Sounds like it’s as good as confirmed… I really didn’t expect much but this is very deflating if true. He is no better than Betsy, Etherington, Young or Byfield.

A complete disaster if he is appointed. It suggests to me that the owners have really struggled to get anyone quarter decent. Stats are disasterous so even by their own standards this appointmemt would be stupid and baffling.

Let's be honest, Wagmi and Galley are absolutely f***ing clueless, and don't seem to care about the damage they are doing to our club.

I can only repeat my earlier remark:
A complete disaster if he is appointed. It suggests to me that the owners have really struggled to get anyone quarter decent. Stats are disastrous so even by their own standards this appointment would be stupid and baffling.
I doubt this is true, our owners aren't that silly are they? (or am I the silly one asking that?)

He can *** off and if he is appointed I hope the fans DO NOT back him and let the owners know what they think. "We want Lewis Young say we want Lewis Young" sing up Reds!

I thought Lindsey was sacked. Surely that means no compensation to pay?

I don't think so. I've been reading TheTownEnd.Com, the main Swindon message-board over the last few days and it looks like it is Lindsey's decision. Not that there are any tears at the Swindon end over his departure.
I really don't understand the Crawley owners. By all means sack Betsy if it looks like he isn't up to it. If you're not certain about Lewis Young then go for somebody else. But in Darren Byfield it looked like you'd struck lucky. Give him the next few matches to see what he could do. Why go for a man who has only been in the job since the summer and who has given no indication he's any great bent for it?

So, after an undistinguished playing career SC has had a brief and not particularly successful spell as manager of Swindon and now CTFC are apparently paying compensation to sign him when more experienced managers are waiting on the shelf.
Well done Preston !!

If Lindsey gets appointed any remnants of faith I have in WAGMI to get something right will disappear.
You are losing the fans here WAGMI, if you haven't lost the vast majority of them already!

Scott Lindsey may have had only a brief league career, but has been a progressive coach....
Lincoln City assistant manager / caretaker manager
Tamworth assistant manager
Swindon youth coach
Forest Green asssistant manager
Swindon manager...
Not given a chance by a toxic fanbase despite being top 8 for most of the season

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #446 on: Tuesday, January 10, 2023, 10:22:53 »

Creepy fans delighted with his signing it seems.

https://ctfcfansforum.freeforums.net/thread/2360/scott-lindsey?page=2

Inject it.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #447 on: Tuesday, January 10, 2023, 10:27:21 »

I am still utterly shocked that we have got compo for Lindsey who genuinely must have been very close to getting the sack in all honesty.

The football served up for most of this season (Mansfield excepted) has been utterly turgid and negative not to mention dull as the preoverbial dishwater at times.

Now appoint someone to give the fanbase a bit of a lift, before Saturday game please. Although easier said than done TBH. Due dilligence needs to be done with this appointment.

Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #448 on: Tuesday, January 10, 2023, 10:47:23 »

We've developed and "sold on" more managers than players so far.

If it takes a few more days to ensure that the right appointment is made then so be it.
Hopefully half a transfer window will be enough to get some good business done.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Peter Venkman

« Reply #449 on: Tuesday, January 10, 2023, 10:54:17 »

Indeed, Lindsey, Garner, Wellens and Flitcroft all moving on for a manager fee in the last 5 years.

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 ... 53   Go Up
Print
Jump to: