Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 53   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lindsey gone  (Read 62512 times)
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: Saturday, January 7, 2023, 20:52:33 »

Just waiting for the kiss & tell stories 😀

No. You’re waiting for the grey smoke to rise from the Burger Vent in the Arkells to signify a new leader of our crab regimented team.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: Saturday, January 7, 2023, 21:00:56 »

Theres seeking and there is being silly though. Some of the usual shit being thrown around is just stupid
yeah I don't disagree.

some people seem to think transparency means divulging every confidential or materially/commercially damaging information
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: Saturday, January 7, 2023, 21:01:03 »

No. You’re waiting for the grey smoke to rise from the Burger Vent in the Arkells to signify a new leader of our crab regimented team.

I was there the last time it happened in 79 v Spurs!

Clem, hurry up and sell up🤡
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: Saturday, January 7, 2023, 21:21:39 »

yeah I don't disagree.

some people seem to think transparency mend divulging every confidential or materially/commercially damaging information

Yeah, some of the shite on facebook is quite unbelievable to read.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: Saturday, January 7, 2023, 21:22:31 »

Quote from: Legends-Lounge

it's a pasty and sausage roll vent now don't you know
Lardy Cake

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: Saturday, January 7, 2023, 21:56:11 »

So was I. Tasty pitch invasion too by the Spurs. The Town End boys just about stopped them jumping over the perimeter fence.
I don’t condone such behaviour but what an atmosphere. Sitting in the Town End these days it’s hard to imagine such things happened.

"Still to find and still to follow. Joy in every hill and hollow. Company in solitude".
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: Saturday, January 7, 2023, 21:56:28 »

it's a pasty and sausage roll vent now don't you know

Oh shit. Has it sunk that low?
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: Saturday, January 7, 2023, 22:38:03 »

So was I. Tasty pitch invasion too by the Spurs. The Town End boys just about stopped them jumping over the perimeter fence.
I don’t condone such behaviour but what an atmosphere. Sitting in the Town End these days it’s hard to imagine such things happened.

Most of them were already in the Town End if I remember. Unlike the Arsenal fans
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: Saturday, January 7, 2023, 23:33:52 »

It was 1980.
Lardy Cake

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: Sunday, January 8, 2023, 08:44:30 »

Most of them were already in the Town End if I remember. Unlike the Arsenal fans

Yes that's how I remember it as well, both north London club fans seemed to like the idea of having a go via the pitch. I guess the fencing and away pens were erected soon after, can't remember exactly when.

In an attempt to get back on the thread I will add my bit. With the passing of each day and fans not hearing anything from the club I am starting to think its history repeating itself. Is it me or do most other clubs get such situations sorted out a lot quicker than us. Whilst I understand the need to follow protocol etc it does seem we procrastinate more than most. Once again we appear to be missing out on any suitable transfer deals and will thus miss the opportunity to strengthen our squad further. At least we don't have to worry about cocking up pre season this time !   

"Still to find and still to follow. Joy in every hill and hollow. Company in solitude".
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: Sunday, January 8, 2023, 08:49:06 »

Yes that's how I remember it as well, both north London club fans seemed to like the idea of having a go via the pitch. I guess the fencing and away pens were erected soon after, can't remember exactly when.

In an attempt to get back on the thread I will add my bit. With the passing of each day and fans not hearing anything from the club I am starting to think its history repeating itself. Is it me or do most other clubs get such situations sorted out a lot quicker than us. Whilst I understand the need to follow protocol etc it does seem we procrastinate more than most. Once again we appear to be missing out on any suitable transfer deals and will thus miss the opportunity to strengthen our squad further. At least we don't have to worry about cocking up pre season this time !   

A counter question might be…..

Is our club leakier than other clubs? Do we find out about departures before fans of other clubs? Is that why other clubs seem to sort things out quicker?

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #221 on: Sunday, January 8, 2023, 08:49:15 »

It’s just weird that Lindsey’s supposed exit is a mirror of Garner’s. Lots of rumour and speculation followed by silence from the club. Just an acknowledgment of the situation would do.
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #222 on: Sunday, January 8, 2023, 09:31:16 »

It’s just weird that Lindsey’s supposed exit is a mirror of Garner’s. Lots of rumour and speculation followed by silence from the club. Just an acknowledgment of the situation would do.
You’re right. Confirmation one way or another would not go amiss here.

Either Lynsey has requested and given permission to talk to Crawley.

Or

There is no truth in the speculation/rumour

But it’s also a fine line as it as it creates public instability (as opposed to rumoured instability with a few people who think they are in the know).  They may also want to keep any replacement manager search activity under the radar to limit speculation in that space.

It’s a bit bit like missing an instalment on a credit card… when you miss it You don’t instantly tell everyone you’re skint but your mates will notice that you’ve stopped buying rounds of drink and speculate why.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #223 on: Sunday, January 8, 2023, 09:41:18 »

I really don’t get the need for a club update.

This is where Twitter/social media causes problems. 6/7 years ago, no one would know any different until something was announced.
I really don’t understand our fans need for an update. Why does it make any difference? 
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #224 on: Sunday, January 8, 2023, 09:49:59 »

I really don’t get the need for a club update.

This is where Twitter/social media causes problems. 6/7 years ago, no one would know any different until something was announced.
I really don’t understand our fans need for an update. Why does it make any difference? 

Agree with this, it's not going to make any difference and won't hurry the process up
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 53   Go Up
Print
Jump to: