Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 53   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lindsey gone  (Read 62509 times)
skiptotheLouMacari

« Reply #180 on: Saturday, January 7, 2023, 08:56:26 »

Convince him to stay?

Good God, I couldn’t contemplate that!

No not saying I want them to keep him, far from it but the silence from within is deafening.
NotHarryAgombar

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: Saturday, January 7, 2023, 09:41:12 »

I read on Twitter that the club can’t make an announcement until he is actually appointed by Crawley, which hasn’t happened yet. I presume this avoids any suggestion he has been sacked.
As I understand it, SL would need permission to speak to another club, Swindon probably asked Crawley to agree a compensation figure first - once that was done SL was interviewed. But until he is formally appointed elsewhere we protect our own position by not saying SL has left.
The delay / silence is frustrating for us a fans, and of course the timing - with its impacts on the transfer window activity - is a nightmare.
There may also be a risk that Crawley appoint someone else, meaning we are then left with SL in what would be an untenable position given the noise of the past two days  - regardless of individuals’ views on whether it was time for a change anyway.
skiptotheLouMacari

« Reply #182 on: Saturday, January 7, 2023, 09:44:36 »

I read on Twitter that the club can’t make an announcement until he is actually appointed by Crawley, which hasn’t happened yet. I presume this avoids any suggestion he has been sacked.
As I understand it, SL would need permission to speak to another club, Swindon probably asked Crawley to agree a compensation figure first - once that was done SL was interviewed. But until he is formally appointed elsewhere we protect our own position by not saying SL has left.
The delay / silence is frustrating for us a fans, and of course the timing - with its impacts on the transfer window activity - is a nightmare.
There may also be a risk that Crawley appoint someone else, meaning we are then left with SL in what would be an untenable position given the noise of the past two days  - regardless of individuals’ views on whether it was time for a change anyway.

I get that and it makes sense, but if he has said he wants to talk to Crawley and has left his position that surely doesn't stop the club from announcing his departure or naming his successor does it? Or is it a legal HR thing?
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: Saturday, January 7, 2023, 09:54:59 »

The way things are run at Crawley nowadays, I wouldn’t assume he’s going to be appointed there until it’s formally announced. They seem to be complete cowboys.

Reading the Coaches Voice article, I really like the sound of Artell though. In a similar vein to Eddie Howe, he’s had time out, reflected and (at least says that) he has a clear vision, which we’ve lacked. No idea how credible the suggestion that he’s joining us is. Does anyone know who he has used as no 2 in the past?
skiptotheLouMacari

« Reply #184 on: Saturday, January 7, 2023, 10:00:47 »

The way things are run at Crawley nowadays, I wouldn’t assume he’s going to be appointed there until it’s formally announced. They seem to be complete cowboys.

Reading the Coaches Voice article, I really like the sound of Artell though. In a similar vein to Eddie Howe, he’s had time out, reflected and (at least says that) he has a clear vision, which we’ve lacked. No idea how credible the suggestion that he’s joining us is. Does anyone know who he has used as no 2 in the past?

I would be happy with Artell, yes he got Crewe relegated but he also got them promoted with very little money. He knows how to get a tune out of younger players, would the older heads accept him though?
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: Saturday, January 7, 2023, 10:08:51 »

I get that and it makes sense, but if he has said he wants to talk to Crawley and has left his position that surely doesn't stop the club from announcing his departure or naming his successor does it? Or is it a legal HR thing?
He’s still under contract and been given permission to speak to Crawley.  As such we can seek compensation from Crawley because of this.  If we said he has left the club then it has to be by mutual consent in which case we’d get no compensation from Crawley. If we sacked him then we’d have to pay him compensation.

If Crawley don’t offer him the job or Crawley don’t want to pay compensation then he will still be our manager on paper - the question then is whether we, as a club opt for one of the other options open to us (mutual consent or sacking) as his position is essentially untenable

I’d take Artell in a heartbeat
NotHarryAgombar

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: Saturday, January 7, 2023, 10:50:38 »

Thank you - you managed to say more clearly what I was trying to say - it’s us seeking to protect the compensation holding things up.

I can see a logical fit with Artell - but whoever comes in, it will as always end in one of two ways - moving to a better paid role if he does well, sacked if he does badly.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: Saturday, January 7, 2023, 10:52:05 »

"if Crawley don't offer the job"

oh.. nooooooo.

lame duck manager now
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #188 on: Saturday, January 7, 2023, 10:56:00 »

Lindsey isn't leaving is he?

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: Saturday, January 7, 2023, 10:58:43 »

Lindsey isn't leaving is he?

Yea, he is, don’t panic.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: Saturday, January 7, 2023, 11:01:29 »

Does it matter. Whatever the outcome his goose is cooked here. If he doesn’t join Crawley just pay him off or if compo is a problem - it can’t be much surely - just let him go.

For pity’s sake, let him go!
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: Saturday, January 7, 2023, 11:18:38 »

So, thinking logically....

- We can't announce he's gone until he is announced as Crawley manager. That way we get compo
- We can look to recruit someone and get them to sign a pre-contract agreement announce them after Lindsey is installed at Crawley.
- If Lindsey isn't installed at Crawley, we can sack him and still install the person we have recruited.
- The person we have a pre-contract agreement with can still attend and take training sessions to identify weaknesses. He/she can work with Sandro on recruitment.

So, I'm not all that concerned. Just want it all over so that we can focus on the excitement of transfers and transfer rumours.

As such, my opinion or Artell is that his Crewe 'team' that got promoted at the same time as us were better than us. I have no doubts that if the season continued, we would have ended up second to them. Even though we may have had individuals that were better than them, Artell had them working as a solid unit. They attacked with power and pace and defended solidly. I don't know whether he was solely responsible for that, but if he could build something like that here, we would all be happy. I don't know what happened w/r/t their relegation, but what I read suggests that sales and low budget were a factor.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #192 on: Saturday, January 7, 2023, 11:19:38 »

Yea, he is, don’t panic.
Sorry, but its the Swindon way, never count your chickens until they have a scarf above their heads pics on the pitch Smiley

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: Saturday, January 7, 2023, 12:01:28 »

Either way his position is untenable. Hes gone regardless
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: Saturday, January 7, 2023, 12:12:22 »

I still think the Austin signing was the deciding factor which Lindsey wasn't happy with and coincided with him moaning about criticism from the fans.

Clem, hurry up and sell up🤡
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 53   Go Up
Print
Jump to: