Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Plymouth fans  (Read 3521 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, December 22, 2010, 20:22:09 »

.. have chipped in to a whip round for non-playing staff at the club after the club said they were unsure whether they'd be able to pay December's wages before Christmas, after Christmas or at all. They've raised 2 grand on PASOTI, which may not go that far once it's divvied up, but is a tremendous effort and speaks volumes in contrast to the people running the club.

Most telling quote from the bloke who organised it:

We want to help the lads and lasses who we see every other week at Home Park, but we also want to show to people like Sir Roy Gardner (the chairman), and Keith Todd (executive director), that the normal rank and file fan seems to think more of their staff than they do. The Plymouth directors should hang their heads in shame for what has happened to this club and the way they have treated their staff

More power to their elbow. Full story on 200%:
http://www.twohundredpercent.net/?p=10372
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, December 23, 2010, 10:07:53 »

It wont go very far but fair play to them.

Clems Army!
Bosey

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, December 23, 2010, 10:27:23 »

The whip round has raised £2,000 to pay the non playing staffs wages... i'm assuming the players who are all on a shit load more will be paid?

Makes me angry when you think of what one premier league or even half decent championship player earns in a week would probably be enough to cover the whole wage bill for non playing staff at Plymouth for a Month!!
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, January 5, 2011, 13:54:02 »

I'm sure that will be put to good use now that Ridsdale is there as "football Consultant" apparently if he succeeds from stopping them being wound up he will be named chairman
luckyluke699

5 league goals and counting...

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, January 5, 2011, 13:59:12 »

The whip round has raised £2,000 to pay the non playing staffs wages... i'm assuming the players who are all on a shit load more will be paid?

Makes me angry when you think of what one premier league or even half decent championship player earns in a week would probably be enough to cover the whole wage bill for non playing staff at Plymouth for a Month!!

I think it's more a case in theory of being that the players should have more cash squirreled away, whereas the lower paid backroom staff can't afford that and all have mortgages etc...

Shame they didn't manae to raise a bit more, but remendous effort, and really shows the support for the club!  Clap
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, January 5, 2011, 15:04:09 »

Interesting BBC blog in Ridsdale

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/mattslater/2010/12/its_worse_than_we_thought_rids.html
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, February 7, 2011, 16:18:15 »

***Bump***

Plymouth SC have stepped in with a loan and Ridsdale is leaving - things must be bad for Ridsdale to not want to stay

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-12379531
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Monday, February 7, 2011, 16:30:38 »

Off the field...I hope they solve their problems.  Ridsdale's departure has to improve their prospects there.

On the field...I hope that the off-the-field problems take their toll and that they drop like a stone.  We really need them to do this!
SirWinston

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Monday, February 7, 2011, 16:48:08 »

Off the field...I hope they solve their problems.  Ridsdale's departure has to improve their prospects there.

On the field...I hope that the off-the-field problems take their toll and that they drop like a stone.  We really need them to do this!

I'm with you there Ardiles.  I do hope they sort it out off the field, but they are the one ray of hope in that they are above us and seemingly falling faster than we are.

Any chance of a 10 point deduction?   Hmmm

I don't always wish ill on others, but we're getting desperate now!!

THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Monday, February 7, 2011, 17:03:37 »

Would be Ironic that we stay up because Plymouth get docked points....what a shitty season that would be.....lets hope we can pull clear....

Clems Army!
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Monday, February 7, 2011, 17:09:01 »

Where the heck did their supporter's trust get 300k from?
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Monday, February 7, 2011, 17:10:46 »

Why are they not spending that money on michael proctor?

Things get better but they never get good
Mplanney

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Monday, February 7, 2011, 17:11:49 »

You can see why we wanted there striker, not just to improve us but to give them a disadvantage on the field.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Monday, February 7, 2011, 18:12:19 »

IIRC their Trust is not just a Trust they also run their youth team and associated facilities (hence the "and Development" bit) so they have a fair bit of commercial income which they'd usually plough into youth team development. I'd guess this money is coming from cash that would usually be allocated to running those facilities, but that's just a guess

@STFC Dave. Ha ha. The Red Army Fund is and always was separate from the main Trust funds. Although either way, neither TrustSTFC nor the Red Army Fund ever had anywhere near £300k
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, February 8, 2011, 12:54:11 »

Used to run the hostel their youth team players stayed in but sold it in 2008 for £280k. I'd guess the remainder came from interest and/or commercial activities around the youth team development stuff
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: