Pages: 1 ... 125 126 127 [128] 129 130 131 ... 263   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lee Power  (Read 544527 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #1905 on: Saturday, June 26, 2021, 09:51:31 »

interesting question of what the expectation is under Clem.

me, I don't see him as a super rich sugar daddy. The medium term aim is obviously going to be get up the leagues.

I just don't see him being able to buy his way out.

He has a lot to sort out to stabilise the club this year. That's why survival is all I expect.

Hopefully he will be as good as good word and tell us as it is. Even if it's an uncomfortable truth
Absolutely, I see Clem as a ship steadier but with better communication with the fans, get in the right men for the job at management level and above, delegate what he can't do himself and keep the club in the black without overspending. Create a better atmosphere around all things Swindon Town FC and engage fans more.

If we can be solid on the pitch over the next 2 years and consilidate ourselves then maybe we can push on in the future if Clem can afford to back us on the pitch.

Interesting times.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Flashheart

« Reply #1906 on: Saturday, June 26, 2021, 09:56:05 »

Going back to being a normal, functioning football club this season is good enough for me.

Not me. Not in L2.

Granted, we should not be expecting too much from this coming season but I still expect us to be there or thereabouts. I'm one to ridicule people who expect owners to spaff their money up the wall, but if we're not competing in L2 then something is wrong.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #1907 on: Saturday, June 26, 2021, 10:07:48 »

Not me. Not in L2.

Granted, we should not be expecting too much from this coming season but I still expect us to be there or thereabouts. I'm one to ridicule people who expect owners to spaff their money up the wall, but if we're not competing in L2 then something is wrong.

Context is everything.

This season you need to adjust your expectations. Pre-season is a few days away and we don't have a manager or a squad. There's a huge mess behind the scenes that will take a while to clean up. We also are likely facing a points deduction. Survival is the aim, anything else is a bonus.

After that, yeah of course we should always be challenging for promotion but I think you're deluded if you expect a promotion challenge this season. Happy to be wrong on that front too.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1908 on: Saturday, June 26, 2021, 10:10:39 »

Not me. Not in L2.

So, would you say a Phil Brown or a Flitcroft type season would be acceptable? Always a bit of a chance of the POs but, deep down, we all knew it wouldn’t happen.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #1909 on: Saturday, June 26, 2021, 10:11:49 »

At the moment anything above the bottom 2 will be a success and mid table at best

So, give no fucks
Flashheart

« Reply #1910 on: Saturday, June 26, 2021, 10:13:23 »

Context is everything.

This season you need to adjust your expectations. Pre-season is a few days away and we don't have a manager or a squad. There's a huge mess behind the scenes that will take a while to clean up. We also are likely facing a points deduction. Survival is the aim, anything else is a bonus.

After that, yeah of course we should always be challenging for promotion but I think you're deluded if you expect a promotion challenge this season. Happy to be wrong on that front too.

I am adjusting my expectations.

I don't expect a promotion push, as I usually would (as I already said). But I do expect more than just aiming for survival.

but I think you're deluded if you expect a promotion challenge this season

I think you need to re-read what I wrote.

« Last Edit: Saturday, June 26, 2021, 10:19:56 by Flashheart » Logged

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1911 on: Saturday, June 26, 2021, 10:14:08 »

Let’s not forget, we still have a rump of players that got us promoted. Whether they can remain injury free is another matter.
Flashheart

« Reply #1912 on: Saturday, June 26, 2021, 10:16:23 »

So, would you say a Phil Brown or a Flitcroft type season would be acceptable? Always a bit of a chance of the POs but, deep down, we all knew it wouldn’t happen.

Something like that.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #1913 on: Saturday, June 26, 2021, 10:18:18 »

I think McGreal was trying to force people like Anderson and Power into doing something. He had players lined up, they wouldn’t back him, even after his announcement, so he walked. Can’t blame him.
If that's the case then good riddance, bloke was only here five minutes and trying to dictate his own terms, he can fuck off.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #1914 on: Saturday, June 26, 2021, 10:20:59 »

If that's the case then good riddance, bloke was only here five minutes and trying to dictate his own terms, he can fuck off.
Well, maybe he was doing that to bring forward the club handover. We don't know. Next week is going to be very interesting to see who ends up owning, who is manager and potentially what players we might have.

Really looking forward to being excited about signings.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #1915 on: Saturday, June 26, 2021, 10:23:08 »

I know there will be legalities around the case that can prevent some people from talking, however it would be nice to hear from Clem at this point, even if he can't say a lot. Surely the Trust is in contact (as they are very pally).
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #1916 on: Saturday, June 26, 2021, 10:31:22 »

Any fresh rumours on who the new manager could be other than those on the betting list

So, give no fucks

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1917 on: Saturday, June 26, 2021, 10:32:06 »

McGreal
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #1918 on: Saturday, June 26, 2021, 10:34:56 »

Maybe but always expect a surprise with STFC

So, give no fucks
Flashheart

« Reply #1919 on: Saturday, June 26, 2021, 10:38:04 »

McGreal

Is this a rumour you've heard?

Like others have said, something doesn't add up. I know I said previously that he might be getting all his information from Power, but I don't think I believe myself on that. He'd SURELY know that there's a takeover imminent?
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 127 [128] 129 130 131 ... 263   Go Up
Print
Jump to: