Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Super Mario TV banned from this forum.  (Read 21358 times)
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: Tuesday, February 12, 2013, 15:02:40 »

I have never understood (either on here or any other of the forums I have the misfortune to use) the whole going off and deleting your account, am i missing the point but it achieves absolutely nothing, just don't log on.

The whole post Paolo appointment was the most peculiar on here with some fantastic meltdowns....

I think I can.  It's about closure.  If you still have an account on a forum, the temptation will be there to get drawn in and use it again.  If you genuinely want to leave it all behind, deleting your account is probably the best way to do it.

I've only ever really posted on one other forum other than this one, and then only sporadically.  And then one day a few months ago I realised that most of the other posters on there were wankers.  Small problem: no account deletion facility.  So I had to change my password to a jumble of random characters that I could never remember.  Technically, I still have an account there - but I'm buggered if I know how to access it.  Don't miss it one bit.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: Tuesday, February 12, 2013, 16:00:50 »

As a relative newcomer to the forums (with my <400 posts), I like the rarely-modded nature of it. It's part of the charm/fun of it all. You have entertaining tossers like PNETHOR, ridiculous breakdowns that probably shouldn't be on the internet like Dostoyevsky, and the odd weird post from someone who previously seemed perfectly sane.

People who take stuff too seriously and act like 12yr olds, insisting they can 'win' on the internet are tiresome cunts who are like Daily Mail commenters.

There are a group of posters who I always read, and a group I ignore. I don't get annoyed about the ones I ignore, because its the internet and I expect window lickers and people I disagree with. Calling the mods down on them is just childish...

As for banning people for a joke, sometimes It's nice to have a week without them...
iffy

« Reply #167 on: Tuesday, February 12, 2013, 16:22:37 »

Worst thread on the internet.

sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: Tuesday, February 12, 2013, 16:31:53 »

the meltdowns and drama on this forum are far more tame than i've seen on other forums i frequent(ed). however, this place is unbeatable when it comes to two drunk people making threats towards one another.

i like to think of the TEF as a fairly welcoming and open forum where people's opinions are generally taken seriously and folk are respectful and respected. we've had a lot of newcomers over the last couple of years due to the decline of thisisstfc and as a result we've inheirited some absolute mongs who should never be allowed to operate a PC unsupervised.

in recent weeks, everything on here has basically been a duplicate of Twitter, so i don't see the forum lasting for that much longer.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: Tuesday, February 12, 2013, 18:07:43 »

the meltdowns and drama on this forum are far more tame than i've seen on other forums i frequent(ed). however, this place is unbeatable when it comes to two drunk people making threats towards one another.

i like to think of the TEF as a fairly welcoming and open forum where people's opinions are generally taken seriously and folk are respectful and respected. we've had a lot of newcomers over the last couple of years due to the decline of thisisstfc and as a result we've inheirited some absolute mongs who should never be allowed to operate a PC unsupervised.

in recent weeks, everything on here has basically been a duplicate of Twitter, so i don't see the forum lasting for that much longer.

I would disagree, there are times when I need a bloody good pointless ramble or whinge and 140 characters just doesn't provide the release.

Whilst I don't want to go all 'how fucking great we all are' I do think the forum works really well with only the minimal amount of modding that seems to go on, other forums I am on have people threatening violence and litigation against each other its just insane! There are the occassional nutter but it just seems to work.

I also think there are a good mix on this forum from the left wingers to the right wingers and all in between and whilst I don't agree with a lot of it there is a chance for debate etc.

It keeps me sane anyway, although I still reserve the right to flounce off at every opportunity, slam some doors etc.
nochee

« Reply #170 on: Tuesday, February 12, 2013, 18:14:31 »

After spending three years in a Tibetan Buddhist monastery, I find that I am able to see much more clearly the interconnections between today's geo-political imbalances and many of our social predicaments - for instance: Osborne's savage attack on differently-abled people is an outright abuse of the British commitment to decency and tolerance. The left needs to unite and stop letting the neo-fascists talk down to us.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: Tuesday, February 12, 2013, 18:36:31 »

After spending three years in a Tibetan Buddhist monastery, I find that I am able to see much more clearly the interconnections between today's geo-political imbalances and many of our social predicaments - for instance: Osborne's savage attack on differently-abled people is an outright abuse of the British commitment to decency and tolerance. The left needs to unite and stop letting the neo-fascists talk down to us.

Randon Guardian comment generator?
nochee

« Reply #172 on: Tuesday, February 12, 2013, 18:39:08 »

Randon Guardian comment generator?
Cheesy
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: Tuesday, February 12, 2013, 19:11:36 »

Worst thread on the internet.

Best & most relevant comment on this thread. Phenomenal how it's managed 12 pages.

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: Tuesday, February 12, 2013, 19:14:35 »

Bit ironic that you have just added to it then.
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: Tuesday, February 12, 2013, 19:17:09 »

There's a good mix of people on here, and the fact the moderation and sensoring are pretty much non existent make it all the more better.
You have whingers, old farts, young twats, statisticians, wind-up merchants, jokers, intelligent posters, bat shit crazy bastards, racists, piss heads, but oddly enough, i'm not aware of anyone on here being gay, or at least admitted to it. Any takers? (so to speak)
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: Tuesday, February 12, 2013, 19:26:51 »

Ralphy and tans?
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: Tuesday, February 12, 2013, 19:27:15 »

Either them or bennett, he's far too camp for my liking.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: Tuesday, February 12, 2013, 19:27:52 »

I know a couple of gay town fans (one of whom I personally converted from a Blackpool supporter), but I couldn't tell you if they posted on here. It does seem to be a taboo in football fandom doesn't it?
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: Tuesday, February 12, 2013, 19:28:43 »

Bit ironic that you have just added to it then.
Adding to the thread is different to adding to the dross that pollutes it  Cheesy

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: