Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 27   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Morrison  (Read 47976 times)
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #180 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 19:54:56 »

Fact is that we were told that the club wouldnt sell unless the offer for players is outstanding....ie Cox....no supporter will ever knock that....we shouldn't be selling our young players for a pittance......Mr Fittons words,not mine.
What we are receiving for Morrison is a joke

Leefer we did not have a choice. Your beloved Morrison insisted a clause was put into his contract or he wouldn't sign another deal with us. So we either take a gamble and hope the compensation paid by another club and decided at a tribunal will be more than £250k (unlikely) or just grant the player his wish and hope he'll change his mind one day and sign a different contract.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 19:55:21 »

How many really good games has he had in a town shirt.  Not really many is it.  Would have been nice to get more money, but he insisted on the release clause, he's going.  Whatever.  The world goes on.   He has shown he's ambitious and not loyal, fine see ya later Sean.  

Fwiw I reckon he will be found out.  He's not all that.  Another young defender disappears from town never to be heard of again I suspect. 

Never knowingly overstated.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 19:59:55 »

How many really good games has he had in a town shirt.  Not really many is it.  Would have been nice to get more money, but he insisted on the release clause, he's going.  Whatever.  The world goes on.   He has shown he's ambitious and not loyal, fine see ya later Sean. 

Fwiw I reckon he will be found out.  He's not all that.  Another young defender disappears from town never to be heard of again I suspect.

Course you know more than a Championship manager dont you....is Charlie being loyal?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 20:01:20 »

Fact is that we were told that the club wouldnt sell unless the offer for players is outstanding....ie Cox..
No we weren't. We were told the club look to bring in young players to develop and sell on for a profit. Which is precisely what we've done in this instance. Cost = £0, Profit =£250k.
..no supporter will ever knock that....we shouldn't be selling our young players for a pittance......
Good job we're not then. £250k is far from a pittance. It might be for superstars like Cox and Charlie, but not for Morrison. It's bloody good money for far more established League One players

Seriously, you seem to have the idea that we've been told the precise opposite of what Fitton's been saying consistently since they took over. Where did you get this from?
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 20:05:01 »

No we weren't. We were told the club look to bring in young players to develop and sell on for a profit. Which is precisely what we've done in this instance. Cost = £0, Profit =£250k.Good job we're not then. £250k is far from a pittance. It might be for superstars like Cox and Charlie, but not for Morrison. It's bloody good money for far more established League One players

Seriously, you seem to have the idea that we've been told the precise opposite of what Fitton's been saying consistently since they took over. Where did you get this from?

Rubbish Paul.....hes young with experience...scores and makes goals....as i said its peanuts..
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #185 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 20:06:49 »

Rubbish Paul.....hes young with experience...scores and makes goals....as i said its peanuts..

So what should Fitton have done?
« Last Edit: Friday, January 14, 2011, 20:14:44 by Si Pie » Logged
wacko

« Reply #186 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 20:09:55 »

So why has nothing been put on the official site ?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 20:11:04 »

The sale of Morrison for anyway is neither here nor there.

He's either going to develop and get quite good or he'll suddenly be 26 and having to still be talked through games ala Ifil.

Reading could end up selling him for alot of profit or 250k could be the most he's ever worth.

My problem is the replacement. Will we get one? and will he be any better? We all know the story of what happened in the summer but if we stuck with what we had then, why would now be any different.

Will we miss Morrison, well right now we will as we've lost a defender and gained no one. If we 'replace' him with LJF are we any better off? no.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 20:14:00 »

One week he does. Next week he makes stupid errors that cost goals.

Peanuts? Drivel. It's not "bite your hand off" money, but it's a damn sight more than most players at this level move for (most go on a free). You don't see many League 1 players going for that kind of money, even strikers and especially defenders who aren't yet established even at this level.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 20:15:34 »

So what we should Fitton have done?

1-Not let him have the clause....no one else has them.
2-Let him go for proper money....
3-Let him see out his contract and get the best out of him,ala Paynter.

I agree every player has a price at this level......this is well below what we should have been getting in my opinion.

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 20:15:45 »

Dave and Si Pie a few pages back have got this right IMO - it's not about losing Morrison that worries me (and as I've said, I'd rather he stayed), it's how we replace him.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 20:17:37 »

You don't see many League 1 players going for that kind of money, even strikers and especially defenders.

you do!

all in the opposite direction though!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 20:17:52 »

1-Not let him have the clause....no one else has them.
Rubbish. They're commonplace throughout football.
2-Let him go for proper money....
3-Let him see out his contract and get the best out of him,ala Paynter.
Neither of them an option once the "trigger clause" is activate
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 20:18:34 »

The sale of Morrison for anyway is neither here nor there.

He's either going to develop and get quite good or he'll suddenly be 26 and having to still be talked through games ala Ifil.

Reading could end up selling him for alot of profit or 250k could be the most he's ever worth.

My problem is the replacement. Will we get one? and will he be any better? We all know the story of what happened in the summer but if we stuck with what we had then, why would now be any different.

Will we miss Morrison, well right now we will as we've lost a defender and gained no one. If we 'replace' him with LJF are we any better off? no.

Well summed up Dave. Agree with all that.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 20:19:41 »

One week he does. Next week he makes stupid errors that cost goals.

Peanuts? Drivel. It's not "bite your hand off" money, but it's a damn sight more than most players at this level move for (most go on a free). You don't see many League 1 players going for that kind of money, even strikers and especially defenders who aren't yet established even at this level.

Yeah Paul....i expect you did at that age Cheesy....Charlie's missed a few sitters recently......GET RID!
Fact is he has star potential...in my opinion probably the best for his age by miles in this lge....the clause is baffling,and very worrying as all will be clambering for it now.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 27   Go Up
Print
Jump to: