Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 27   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Morrison  (Read 47996 times)
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 16:29:45 »

The fact Kanu was here before doesn't mean he'd come back. He's a 1st team player there now, not a make-weight to a low value deal. More likely Ingimarsson, no appearances this year, same position. 33 years old. May be like Frampton, but able to walk.

1st Place 1st Place  Quality post!!!

Clems Army!
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 16:30:48 »

Some of the posts on here are laughable.....we have lost one of our better players for peanuts....anyone who says its a good deal financially is deluded.
As for the clause...what utter bullshit....if he asked for that clause you say no and dont give him the extra year....why make a stand on some players but not him.
So with Austin going for around 2 million,Cox 1.5 and two good centre halves for another half millioe will be recieving around about 4 million in little over a year.....the crowds are up two thousand nearly.
So instead of fucking around with Reading cast offs(looks like that is what will be coming in) how about spending some of that 4 million on proper quality players.
People have there own views...fair enough and i am the first to admit that my views dont represent many others.......but for me its a sad day.....i was led to believe that the days of selling our players were gone....Mr Fitton told us that himself unless its an exceptional offer......Greer and now Morrison have gone for a song.
Correct me if i am wrong but apart from being a promising centre half he was our second top scorer this season...without starting every match.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 16:38:56 »

That's not really true, though, is it? He's scored 4 in the league this season, followed by Ritchie, Dossevi and Rose on 3. Which is a handy amount from a centre back but hardly prolific. If he'd scored 10 or so, then I'd be worried by that as well, but the problem at that end is that no-one's been scoring many apart from Charlie

You right Pauld but i was trying to make the point that we now have nobody really likely to notch a couple of goals....nobody in Midfield with exception of Ritchie (fingers crossed).

Clems Army!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 16:40:45 »

Take a guess who our top assister in L1 is this season?
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 16:41:46 »

Smith?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 16:44:03 »

Will be interesting to see how he gets on.....my suspicion a bit Hoofwood, but will probably have longer as a lower league pro....
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 16:44:13 »

Prutton??

(I love you Dave)

Clems Army!
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 16:45:37 »

Both our top assisters are part of a pretty poor defence which is giving us no foundation on which to build results or performances in any kind of consistent fashion.  Concede less and we'll get more points.  Score more and we may get more points, we may not, as a lovely 5-4 defeat shows.

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 16:45:44 »

Prutton??

(I love you Dave)

Nope, its Sean bloody Morrison...well technically it isnt if he's gone so its now Michael Rose.

We sell Austin and that will leave us with Michael Rose as our most creative player and top scorer.

Thats actually pretty fucking terrifying.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 16:47:20 »

Nope, its Sean bloody Morrison...well technically it isnt if he's gone so its now Michael Rose.

We sell Austin and that will leave us with Michael Rose as our most creative player and top scorer.

Thats actually pretty fucking terrifying.

If there is fact that we hoof it too much then that is it!!!

Clems Army!
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #160 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 16:48:08 »

Most of them are flick ons from Rose throws, or corners.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 16:49:37 »

We've scored 3 less than Brighton, conceded 17 more.
alanmayes

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 16:54:22 »

What about that CB from Exeter we were rumoured to be interested in?

Matt Taylor's contract is up this summer.I'm sure Tisdale wouldn't want to sell and would
say he's not available,but their Board might take a different approach.

Time to test their resolve Danny and Mr Fitton!

"It's not delusions of grandeur sir,it's intolerance of mediocrity and minimal performances."
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 17:14:28 »

Some of the posts on here are laughable.....we have lost one of our better players for peanuts....anyone who says its a good deal financially is deluded.
As for the clause...what utter bullshit....if he asked for that clause you say no and dont give him the extra year....why make a stand on some players but not him.
So with Austin going for around 2 million,Cox 1.5 and two good centre halves for another half millioe will be recieving around about 4 million in little over a year.....the crowds are up two thousand nearly.
So instead of fucking around with Reading cast offs(looks like that is what will be coming in) how about spending some of that 4 million on proper quality players.
People have there own views...fair enough and i am the first to admit that my views dont represent many others.......but for me its a sad day.....i was led to believe that the days of selling our players were gone....Mr Fitton told us that himself unless its an exceptional offer......Greer and now Morrison have gone for a song.
Correct me if i am wrong but apart from being a promising centre half he was our second top scorer this season...without starting every match.

To say he is one of our better players is very wrong, I would say he is our 3rd best centre half as Cuthbert and Frampton are more consistent.  Morrison has been a regular part of a very poor defence this season, he has had outstanding games and he has had awful games.  Morrison leaving will not effect our results in my opinion.
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 17:17:07 »

Not sure you can say Frampton is more consistent when he's only played 3 matches.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 27   Go Up
Print
Jump to: