Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 27   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Morrison  (Read 48014 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #135 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 14:17:14 »

more of a sweeper isnt he  Cheesy

Fuck beaten to it!

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
carbonwhite

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 14:19:35 »

Fuck beaten to it!
Wink
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 14:37:21 »

Not too fussed about Losing Sean, as long as we replace him.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 14:39:41 »

I think the key thing is about replacing him and keeping Frampton fit, I'm sure we will here from Wilson about how Lex needs to take his chance again now
girlyred

« Reply #139 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 14:49:18 »

I think you'll find the reason the "clause" was written into Seans contract last season is because he spent the season warming the bench & on loan & it probably seemed a good deal at the time £250.000,  good luck to him he obviously is going to progress his career i have never heard of another 20 year old CB having his CV, hope the board can now bring in a strker & CB during the window, in DW & AF we believe   Bye
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 15:12:02 »

Bye sean
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 15:37:44 »

He will be found out in the Championship - he looks out of his depth at this level at times.

Good piece of business, even more so if we get a player from them, now lets bring in a centre half and a striker please Wilson/Fitton.
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 15:40:40 »

Happy with that sort of money for him.
Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 15:44:57 »

Nout on the OS yet is there?  Hmmm

They've got muslamic rayguns, muslamic rayguns..
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 15:51:05 »

Bye sean

Doubt it.

Reading will send us a player on loan. We need a centre back. They'll offer us this young centre back they've just signed who probably wont get a game for them any time soon.

We'll replace Sean Morrison with Sean Morrison.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 15:59:48 »

the mere suggestion of which poses the question.  If we didn't know who Morrison was, and saw his appearance record, along with the fact he was close to dropping to League 2 at one point, how would fans react to being told we were getting him on loan for the rest of the season?

I'd imagine most people would be spouting off about how he wasn't good enough, not what we needed etc, and that for me is why I'm not worried or remotely bothered by his sale.  £250k+ is a good amount of cash for players at this level.  He's got some good abilities but he's not progressed for me, he still looks the same player as he did 2 years ago.  There is only so long a player can be full of potential, and I'm not sure he was even that good to be honest.  With a bit of coaching and experience he may just cut the mustard in the Championship, but it would be a stretch I think.

The moans about fees are in relation to the squad not performing this season.  £500k for two centre backs and £1.9m for a forward in the past 18 months is massive business for us, just look at our record in sales for the previous 10 years or so.  Morrison's fee is what, 60%+ of the money we got for Parkin!

The bigger concern is not Morrison going, but the fact that we've spent since about March looking like we've needed a new centre half or two.  That two of the ones we did have are now gone/going, means we look really bare and emphasis the point.  This news doesn't dissapoint me, if we haven't gone out to find someone to fill a problem area by the end of the month would do.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 16:15:26 »

well said mr t
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 16:18:35 »

Just back from a business meeting in Reading of all places.

I will scroll back in a minute...

My initial views:

Disappointed and concerned....

If he wants to go he wants to go.....he has been out and in of the starting 11 all season but he was a player that was improving no question.

What concerns me is that we have lost the only source of goals outside of Charlie.  This is alarming.

This news would/will be tempered with a swoop by Wilson but i cannot see it happening (probaly a crock on loan from the ass end of no where) and we will be relying on the same old faces who have so far come up short to get us out of this mess.

Lets see what tomorrow brings....if we lose it then Wilson should shit a Barrett housing Estate!

Clems Army!
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 16:25:51 »

If Austin goes that will leave Michael Rose as our top scorer!!

Meh, I'm not as fussed about Morrison leaving as Greer - for starters Greer was a much better player and for Morrison you could have Cuthbert or LJF take his place as the younger of the two Centre Backs.

The fee however I think it ridicilous - we've sold our 29 year old captain and our 20 year old defender for the same amount of cash? I would have thought Morrison was worth more purely on age and potential - but a clause in his contract - what the fuck is that all about (he's signed at least 2 since Sturrock was here!!)

We already needed a CB, now we need 2 maybe even 3. Framtpon is injured and LFJ hasnt been seen for weeks? That leaves Cuthbert and Will Evans.

Could we not at least have agreed a deal in principal and put it off till we have a replacement, couldnt we have got someone from reading in the deal?

I gave up on the season a long time ago, seems the board have now to. season failed.

Also, I've bought this up before but the fact is Morrison only signed 1 year deals anyway - which was fucking stupid - now that could be Morrisons decision rather that the clubs but you know.

Does anyone think we will see the money? I expect most of it, is on its way to Portsmouth already.

Epic Fail Dave!!!

Clems Army!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 16:28:43 »

What concerns me is that we have lost the only source of goals outside of Charlie.  This is alarming.
That's not really true, though, is it? He's scored 4 in the league this season, followed by Ritchie, Dossevi and Rose on 3. Which is a handy amount from a centre back but hardly prolific. If he'd scored 10 or so, then I'd be worried by that as well, but the problem at that end is that no-one's been scoring many apart from Charlie
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 27   Go Up
Print
Jump to: