Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 27   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Morrison  (Read 48006 times)
flammableBen

« Reply #120 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 13:20:05 »

How does 250k compensation work out in Fitton's plan of collect youth, ????, profit?

What is the cost of developing a promising 17 year old for 4 seasons? You've got wages which aren't going to be sky high for a young player, but there must be other costs. When moving a young player do you have to worry about accommodation or any other extra costs? Don't forget general training and medical costs.

I really don't have much idea what that figure would be, but would 150-250k be about right?

Of course even if ended up being pretty cost neutral then that's better than 95% of Swindon players. If you could pull that off with even a third of the squad then that's the club's biggest out goings, players wages/costs, cut down massively. Which gives you a lot more scope to do stuff with our gate receipts.

So to finish this rather rambling post with a conclusion. Fitton's plan works! Yay.

Not sure where I was going with that post, but i've typed it now.

edit for important content...

[url width=640 height=480]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d35/flammableben/dancingyeah-1.gif[/url]

keep dancing.
« Last Edit: Friday, January 14, 2011, 13:24:07 by flammableBen » Logged
carbonwhite

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 13:29:23 »

Leeds have released michalik could be a replacement for morrison
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 13:32:44 »

Leeds have released michalik could be a replacement for morrison

http://www.newsandstar.co.uk/carlisle-united/latest/carlisle-utd-sign-lubo-michalik-on-permanent-contract-1.799115?referrerPath=/news-star-sport-latest-1.49999
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 13:35:45 »

Well, well here we are again.  Discussing the complete lack of cover at centre back once again!

I find it a strange move on Morrison's behalf to be honest.  He's nowhere near good enough for Championship football imo and it seems as if the squad is already fairly rammed with similar players.  It's probably going to be a case of playing for the reserves for a couple of seasons with an odd cup game appearance in the first team before he may break through?  I would have thought he would have been better off staying here for more regular football and moving on in the summer, but who am I question?  Personally I'm not massively fussed as he's inconsistent to say the least.  Aside from the potential of him scoring, which we'll miss, I'd rather have Cuthbert in the team.

However, the fact that so many of us aren't that fussed doesn't get away from the fact that the situation in defence is now more dire than it has been all season.  Apologies for dragging up Greer again, but the sale of Morrison does make Fitton and Co look even more foolish for not replacing him than they already did.  It's all very well making the decision to go with the youngster and letting him step up, but was selling him a few months later part of the equation?  Hmmm

This is just another twist that is bound to piss a lot of people off in a season which is already doing just that.  If we don't see decent replacements come in over the next few weeks, Leefer won't be alone in not renewing his season ticket.  
Peacocks-Lucky-Coat

Dishonest Abe

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 13:36:19 »

Gutted that we've lost Morrison. A couple more years and he could have been up there with the best defenders in league 1 with a little more experience. Never heard any come and get me pleas, and he never seemed like the arrogant "too big for his boots" type. Good luck to him
RJack

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 13:44:20 »

At the end of the day Morrison wanted to go and him saying on the radio i'm staying at the club and seeing out my contract because a move was not the right time at present is a load of bollocks.

£250,000 clause was put in his contract because of his reluctance to extend it last year so people blaming Andrew Fitton & DW should maybe start looking at the player and not the club because otherwise we'd of ended up with fuck all had it not been for the club
Phil_S

Who changed my Avatar ?!

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 13:45:02 »

Well rumours of Reading being interested in CA could easily have been confused by the Morrison deal. eg. Rumourmonger hears of Readings interest in an STFC player. Thinks must be Austin, makes up a figure & next thing we know CA is going to Reading in a done deal.

From the Dark Side
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 13:51:10 »

£250,000 clause was put in his contract because of his reluctance to extend it last year so people blaming Andrew Fitton & DW should maybe start looking at the player and not the club because otherwise we'd of ended up with fuck all had it not been for the club

In some ways I wish he hadn't extended and had gone at the end of last season.  If that had been the case we would have been forced to replace Greer with and might not find ourselves in the position we are now in.  The money we get for Morrison now is only of any use if it's used on a replacement.
thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 13:52:39 »

Can't be fucked to read through this thread but the Adver story does mention that we may get some players on loan as part of the deal, perhaps even Morrison until the end of the season?
flammableBen

« Reply #129 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 13:54:32 »

Can't be fucked to read through this thread but the Adver story does mention that we may get some players on loan as part of the deal, perhaps even Morrison until the end of the season?

This might sound harsh, but I fucking hope not. We need to take this as a chance to improve our defence.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 13:57:53 »

There's another couple of weeks of this window. Enough time to freshen up the squad with enough replacements to keep us up. That is the aim now - the airy fairy tak of play-offs is surely just to keep a positive spin on things. But it's artificial. We all know we need two strikers, now we need another centre back. That's the bare minimum, but if I can tell that, so can they, and they're the best people to run our club bar none.
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 14:02:26 »

not surprised by this, as hammond has been watching charlie and morrison for weeks. I think frampton will now be a done deal, just hope we can keep the guy fit.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 14:04:28 »

Marlon broomes coming in as a replacment
carbonwhite

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 14:14:30 »

more of a sweeper isnt he  Cheesy
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #134 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 14:16:47 »

Clean sweep and all that I guess Wink

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 27   Go Up
Print
Jump to: