Pages: 1 ... 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 ... 93   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cricket  (Read 199430 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #915 on: Sunday, July 2, 2023, 19:22:16 »

Agree no integrity

So, give no fucks
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #916 on: Sunday, July 2, 2023, 20:41:39 »

I would have called him back. He wasn’t trying to gain an advantage and he obviously thought it was a dead ball and ‘over’.

I’d hate to have to do something like that to win.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #917 on: Sunday, July 2, 2023, 21:13:28 »

Fuck all wrong with it in my opinion. Wonders out of his crease and got stumped- https://twitter.com/samdjodan/status/1675575411344908288?s=46&t=ogDLXJ96cK_WBQahaJzdyg happened with Bairstow in aus innings and exact same thing with Colin DeGrandhomme for NZ in that series. The game is the game, win at all costs. People are far too selective of when they wanna be all soft and mushy with the sport about respecting the spirit but when it’s be a Shithouse IE Robinson telling Khawaja to fuck off after getting something like 150 - it’s good on him into him Ollie!

Stokes is incredible, nobody else in the world like him.

Bigger picture is 2-0 down on home turf, Aus are the ones who have had to bat mostly in gloomy conditions, all at sea against new ball yesterday with Starc. Winning 3 test matches is alot of work. Bazball approach is fine but there has to be a line.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #918 on: Sunday, July 2, 2023, 22:56:32 »

I think Jimmy needs resting for the Headingly test, he wasn’t been at his best at all. Would like to see Mark Wood come in for him.
Moeen, if fit, will surely come back in too? So do you drop Broad or Robinson? As Tongue has done enough to stay in for me.

I think from a combined point of view, you keep Broad in. He stayed at the crease for a good couple of hours and was every bit beneficial in doing his job to allow Stokes to do his - would have like a few more runs from him. We know he can turn it on with the ball as well. Robinson has more tests in him probably but right now I think Broad just edges ahead.

Wood still might not be fully fit though and whilst it's clear England need him, Headingley might be one Test too soon... tricky Hmmm

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #919 on: Monday, July 3, 2023, 07:10:16 »

Fuck all wrong with it in my opinion. Wonders out of his crease and got stumped- https://twitter.com/samdjodan/status/1675575411344908288?s=46&t=ogDLXJ96cK_WBQahaJzdyg happened with Bairstow in aus innings and exact same thing with Colin DeGrandhomme for NZ in that series. The game is the game, win at all costs. People are far too selective of when they wanna be all soft and mushy with the sport about respecting the spirit but when it’s be a Shithouse IE Robinson telling Khawaja to fuck off after getting something like 150 - it’s good on him into him Ollie!

Stokes is incredible, nobody else in the world like him.

Bigger picture is 2-0 down on home turf, Aus are the ones who have had to bat mostly in gloomy conditions, all at sea against new ball yesterday with Starc. Winning 3 test matches is alot of work. Bazball approach is fine but there has to be a line.

He doesn’t get stumped as the keeper isn’t holding the ball. He gets run out… when not attempting a run. Unlike De Grandhomme, who was.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #920 on: Monday, July 3, 2023, 08:06:01 »

I think Jimmy needs resting for the Headingly test, he wasn’t been at his best at all. Would like to see Mark Wood come in for him.
Moeen, if fit, will surely come back in too? So do you drop Broad or Robinson? As Tongue has done enough to stay in for me.

Robinson and Anderson out, Wood and Ali in for me.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #921 on: Monday, July 3, 2023, 08:23:05 »

He doesn’t get stumped as the keeper isn’t holding the ball. He gets run out… when not attempting a run. Unlike De Grandhomme, who was.

Stumped on the scorecard.

I know people like arguing, but it's a bit sad for my money that Ben Stokes scoring 155 has basically not been commented on in the mass moralising. What an innings in the circumstances.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #922 on: Monday, July 3, 2023, 08:31:33 »

Stumped on the scorecard.

I know people like arguing, but it's a bit sad for my money that Ben Stokes scoring 155 has basically not been commented on in the mass moralising. What an innings in the circumstances.

That is what it says on the scorecard yes.

Stokes and certainly Broad seemed to be fired up by the incident so perhaps we wouldn't have had that innings without it. He was playing angry for sure, as shown when he launched his bat!

Broad taking the moral high ground was good viewing yesterday, but his non-walk a few years ago when he hit the ball was just as abject.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #923 on: Monday, July 3, 2023, 14:30:30 »

This

Sport is about winning, everything else is off secondary importance
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #924 on: Monday, July 3, 2023, 14:49:22 »

This

Sport is about winning, everything else is off secondary importance
Bet your kids loved playing games with you!

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #925 on: Monday, July 3, 2023, 14:52:11 »

Think Competitive Dad from The Fast Show
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #926 on: Monday, July 3, 2023, 15:02:14 »

'Go on san, hit the ball...no not like that, like this...HIT ITTTT. Omg you're completely useless - here I'll show you how it's done.'

I love the final ever sketch of ''Competitive Dad'' - basically the son tells him why he is as competitive as he is.

==================

You see a lot of sideline parents like this...living their failed dreams through their kids to the point of shocking pressure and eventual resentment in later life from said kids...especially if they don't quite make it or just don't really enjoy whatever it is they've been pressured to do.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Mr Stevens

Ignore
« Reply #927 on: Monday, July 3, 2023, 15:27:31 »

I think they should go back to how we used to play. If you shout "in" at any time, that's the law.

Take your chips and fuck off home.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #928 on: Tuesday, July 4, 2023, 10:56:27 »

Pope and Lyon both out of the series.

Expect England to put Lawrence in as a straight swap.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #929 on: Tuesday, July 4, 2023, 11:04:16 »

Pope and Lyon both out of the series.

Expect England to put Lawrence in as a straight swap.

Surely you bring in Foakes and push Bairstow up. I don’t think they will though.
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 ... 93   Go Up
Print
Jump to: