Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Alistair Darling's budget  (Read 20192 times)
Talk Talk

« Reply #150 on: Friday, March 26, 2010, 17:00:32 »

International comparisons for UK unemployment now tend to include people on long-term incapacity benefit. One big reason for this is that when they went through the mine closures, tens of thousands of people were put on incapacity benefit rather than the dole. There are some shocking stats about places like Merthyr Tydfil, where nearly the whole working population is on benefits and the local economy is dead.

So yeah, Thatcher was ace.

This

Thatcher didn't destroy those communities the workers and their unions did that, all Thatcher did was give them the rope to hang themselves. Anyone who thinks the destruction of the unions that Thatcher presided over was a bad thing obviously can't be planning to travel by plane or train in the near future. If anything we need her back to destroy the remaining militant unions so they can stop fucking the whole country over, again.

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: Friday, March 26, 2010, 17:03:53 »

if you believe that bollocks then you might aswell vote tory, talk talk
Talk Talk

« Reply #152 on: Friday, March 26, 2010, 17:07:21 »

it's the fucking useless fat cats that ruin it,not the unions

In which way do 'the fucking useless fat cats' ruin non-unionised successful businesses? Such as Virgin, Hanson, AstraZeneca, Sky etc? I would have thought that they want them to have content workers, to be profitable and hence pay dividends on the equity invested in them.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: Friday, March 26, 2010, 17:08:05 »

I wondered when you would be along  Wink
Bollocks. And I promised myself I was going to stay out of this one Smiley

But really I will now  Bye
Talk Talk

« Reply #154 on: Friday, March 26, 2010, 17:08:56 »

if you believe that bollocks then you might aswell vote tory, talk talk

iDave and his Shadow Cabinet are very different from Thatcher (in her early years, before she lost the plot and went bonkers).

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: Friday, March 26, 2010, 17:10:23 »

i'm off to futsal, so will get back on this when i get home.
Talk Talk

« Reply #156 on: Friday, March 26, 2010, 17:12:03 »

i'm off to futsal, so will get back on this when i get home.

I should be nicely plastered by then. Oh dear, I had better warm my denim jacket up.  Blow Up
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: Friday, March 26, 2010, 18:59:11 »

Good thread,not a fan of unions but i do tend to side with them in the present climate.
That Twat Walsh is on a million a year so he dosnt give a fuck...what i despise is that big buisness in this country more or less regulate themselfs...even the police force...not to mention the catholic church(sorry)firms like Honda can do as they please,and they do,is that a good thing...not in my book.
Us as British workers work harder than all of our european neighbours,,we are obsessed with work,we do more hours for less pay(after taxation etc)than alot of these nations.
As i drive around our green and pleasant land i feel privelidged at times..for such a small nation we are so diverse and thrive on fair play...but ask alot of workers in todays Britain and a big percentage will say theres not much fair play in todays big buisness.
So i say to you brothers i urge you to stand up and fight!...shite i am turning scouse.
sheepshagger
Suburban Capitalist........

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: Friday, March 26, 2010, 19:09:30 »

Leefer I am completely the other way....

I feel the unions fucked up the coal industry, they are fucking up the Mail service, they are fucking up B.A. and they will end up completely fucking up the trains.....

I guess what I can't understand is this....

A company gets hit during the recession - loses a whole heap of money and cannot sustain the employess it has because of this.  Therefore it takes a sensible approach and talks about redundancy - with that te unions are all "well fuck this we will go on strike then" - how the fuck does that help anything ?

Simple economics tell you that some companies cannot be sustained at their current levels but do the unions care about that ?

Most private sector workers accept that cuts and difficult choices have to be made - they accept less pay, or less hours - in order to safeguard their jobs and the company.

However mention that to a union ledcompany and the shit hits the fan !

Abolish the lot of them I say !

Wise men say........
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: Friday, March 26, 2010, 19:18:38 »

The government has give all the unions millions of taxpayers money for 'modernisation' purposes, but Labour has got most of the money back from Unite to help pay for the election and to cover the Labour party's debts.

Something doesn't smell right with that.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: Friday, March 26, 2010, 19:49:34 »

Leefer I am completely the other way....

I feel the unions fucked up the coal industry, they are fucking up the Mail service, they are fucking up B.A. and they will end up completely fucking up the trains.....

I guess what I can't understand is this....

A company gets hit during the recession - loses a whole heap of money and cannot sustain the employess it has because of this.  Therefore it takes a sensible approach and talks about redundancy - with that te unions are all "well fuck this we will go on strike then" - how the fuck does that help anything ?

Simple economics tell you that some companies cannot be sustained at their current levels but do the unions care about that ?

Most private sector workers accept that cuts and difficult choices have to be made - they accept less pay, or less hours - in order to safeguard their jobs and the company.

However mention that to a union ledcompany and the shit hits the fan !

Abolish the lot of them I say !

Good points...BUT...big buisness have it good for years,do what we do and put away for a rainy day.
Theres no doubts unions havnt helped there cause  in many cases.....but the banking industry has shown us what can happen with no safeguards...many workers see unions as a safeguard rightly or wrongly...i travel all over and deliver to many big companys,and its always the workers little perks that get taken away,the canteen,free healthcare or subsidiced travel....but you can guarantee the chauffere travel and beanos for the top brass are still in place.
Now i am not saying the GWR years ago was heaven but even Brunel and his top dogs knew that free healthcare,canteens,swimming pools and free rail travel would help the workers and give them a few comforts....that was 150 years ago,he would be turning in his grave if he saw BR today.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: Friday, March 26, 2010, 19:51:30 »

Bangkok red is alright isn't he?
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: Friday, March 26, 2010, 19:52:51 »

Bangkok red is alright isn't he?

Like it Tans!
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: Friday, March 26, 2010, 19:55:57 »

Yawn

Things get better but they never get good
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: Friday, March 26, 2010, 19:56:46 »

Yawn

Fuck off to bed if your tired....its past 8.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: