Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 ... 46   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v The Slavetraders Official Matchday Thread  (Read 130060 times)
bullethead

Ignore
« Reply #525 on: Monday, November 17, 2014, 16:22:44 »

Great to read Lee Power’s comments in the adver about how he celebrated the goal on Saturday, shows a real commitment to the club and I hope he can finally shake off the shadow of the loathsome Jed in the forthcoming appeal case.

As for the game itself there were talking points in abundance and having taken a quick look at the OTIB site, City fans have talked them to death, which is somewhat surprising consider “we mean nothing to them”. My take (for what it is worth) on some of their views....

It was our Cup final.
As we are not actually going to play in a cup final this season then a home league match against local rivals who are top of the league and unbeaten does become the biggest game of the season (so far), if that can be classed as a “cup final” then OK City fans, it was ours.

Players did a lap of honour and celebrated like we had won the league.
The players did what they have done on numerous occasions before when they have won a big match, we’ve seen it before and I hope we’ll see it a few more times this season.

They’ll finish top anyway and beat us at Ashton Gate.
Not going to argue with that as it’s a distinct possibility, but then the chances are we’ll be weakened in the January transfer window and they will strengthen, if they don’t finish above us then it will be a huge failure on their part.

Toffolo and Thompson were a “disgrace”.
So Thompson celebrated the final whistle by jumping in the air and fist pumping whilst facing the City fans, ok so it was a little inflammatory and he shouldn’t have done it but a keeper running the length of the pitch to get involved is every bit as “disgraceful” as Nathan’s actions so let’s call that 1-1 on inflammatory  behaviour.
As for Toffolo celebrating the red card, I’d agree that was out of order but he’s a young lad who has played only a handful of competitive matches, it was a silly and immature reaction but he can learn from it. If we are looking for examples of immaturity then how about an experienced striker losing his cool in the opening minute and a manager ranting like a petulant teenager?

The County Ground is a dump
I can imagine the Stratton Bank facilities left a lot to be desired so I’m prepared to give City fans that one! Problem is when every penny counts, investing in a part of the ground that gets used once, maybe twice in a season is probably quite low on the priority list.

It’s not a derby and they don’t care about Swindon
Perhaps that is true but the reaction of City fans and desire for payback at Ashton Gate suggests otherwise. With both teams principal rivals seemingly content to play non-league and league 2 football, a Swindon / City rivalry is all we have, both sides should relish it.

Just a few observations but the bottom line is, on the day our 11 men were superior to their 10 and we took a deserved 3 points.
come on you redssss

Ignore
« Reply #526 on: Monday, November 17, 2014, 16:23:07 »

couldn't wait for the game tbh funny to see there fans cry at the final whistle  Smug Fuck Off
kerry red

« Reply #527 on: Monday, November 17, 2014, 16:24:24 »

They are bleating to Lansdown on twitter about human rights cos they only had 3 shitters

Ah, that could well explain the unstoppable outpouring of shit from their fans ever since  - they'd been holding it in all that time.
Flashheart

« Reply #528 on: Monday, November 17, 2014, 16:27:00 »

Human rights violations.

Oh my.
Matt71

Ignore
« Reply #529 on: Monday, November 17, 2014, 16:31:22 »

TBH the facilities on the Stratton Bank must be pretty shameful.

If we did get promoted I don't think we would be allowed to use the bank in its current roofless form.I may be wrong but I think the championship has strict ground standards.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #530 on: Monday, November 17, 2014, 16:33:02 »

If we did get promoted I don't think we would be allowed to use the bank in its current roofless form.I may be wrong but I think the championship has strict ground standards.

They let Peterborough play with terracing for a number of years.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
kerry red

« Reply #531 on: Monday, November 17, 2014, 16:34:19 »

Roof, though?
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #532 on: Monday, November 17, 2014, 16:35:09 »

Roof, though?

Yeovil had terracing and no roof so it must be allowed for a few seasons at least.

Swindon Town Displays. Can you help out?
http://www.gofundme.com/STFCDisplays
Matt71

Ignore
« Reply #533 on: Monday, November 17, 2014, 16:35:43 »

Yes that was covered terracing I think clubs were given 3 seasons to convert to seats.
Matt71

Ignore
« Reply #534 on: Monday, November 17, 2014, 16:37:00 »

I am sure I read that seats uncovered are not allowed .I may of course be wrong.
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #535 on: Monday, November 17, 2014, 16:43:29 »

Tim Shires ‏@timshires  5m5 minutes ago
Wiltshire police are investigating an incident at the end of Swindon Town vs Bristol City involving Swindon player Nathan Thompson

Oh fuck off. If that's a criminal offence then the worlds gone mad.
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #536 on: Monday, November 17, 2014, 16:46:24 »

Tim Shires ‏@timshires  5m5 minutes ago
Wiltshire police are investigating an incident at the end of Swindon Town vs Bristol City involving Swindon player Nathan Thompson

Oh fuck off. If that's a criminal offence then the worlds gone mad.

It's probably because if something gets reported they have to investigate. 100%. But nothing will come of it because a player celebrating winning a game of footy isn't a crime.

jimmy_onions

Ignore
« Reply #537 on: Monday, November 17, 2014, 16:48:39 »

more likely to do with something that happened in the tunnel...
jimmy_onions

Ignore
« Reply #538 on: Monday, November 17, 2014, 16:50:09 »

oh, and yes, human rights violations. What a hoot.
When I go to football (more so in the past) I fully expect and almost hope to get my human rights violated, in order to add to the experience...
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #539 on: Monday, November 17, 2014, 16:50:25 »

Could be. But I'm basing my comment on the fact that all the city fans are planning on reporting him to Wiltshire police for celebrating in front of them. But that would make more sense.

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 ... 46   Go Up
Print
Jump to: