Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 ... 46   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v The Slavetraders Official Matchday Thread  (Read 130074 times)
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #420 on: Sunday, November 16, 2014, 17:46:33 »

I dont really see why they are going on about the red card "injustice" so much as we had one very much like it at their place last year. Shit happens, get on with it.

Also our players do a lap around the pitch win, lose or draw every game.

Bless em, losing to little old swindle  Smug Fuck Off

But at least they don't care.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #421 on: Sunday, November 16, 2014, 17:48:09 »

Bristol City fans celebrate progressing from the 1st Round of the Johnstones Paint Trophy in September 2013:

And they call Swindon tinpot...
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #422 on: Sunday, November 16, 2014, 17:53:04 »

Well that's not the real reason they were celebrating though is it?
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #423 on: Sunday, November 16, 2014, 18:08:01 »

They were so gracious when we got relegated at City in 2006. They definitely didn't goad and enjoy every minute of that.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #424 on: Sunday, November 16, 2014, 18:32:12 »

They were so gracious when we got relegated at City in 2006. They definitely didn't goad and enjoy every minute of that.

Nope of course not. They acted with their usual class and dignity obviously. Oh and they didn't throw any smoke bombs yesterday either.
Hoboken

Ignore
« Reply #425 on: Sunday, November 16, 2014, 18:57:32 »

First game I've been to this season - plastic little fucker aint I  Too Cool

Good to be back though. Great atmosphere where we were in the Town End, Smiths goal had shades of Parkin's against QPR for me, complete with beserk celebrations to boot. lost it for a few seconds, at least until that horrible crystal palace song kicked in, booming out around the ground. Disgusted to see people clapping along to it, even in the town end  Suicide who can I speak to at the club about this, its bloody awful and I'm sure in no small part responsible for our reduced attendances recently.

You honestly think a song plays any part in fallen attendances? If people hated it, nobody would be clapping. I agree with your self-assessment, though.  Cheesy

As an alternative, I quite like the chorus of Take This Town by XTC...
« Last Edit: Sunday, November 16, 2014, 19:03:27 by Hoboken » Logged
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #426 on: Sunday, November 16, 2014, 19:00:01 »

Looking at the highlights, there was approximately no need for 'Glad All Over' to be played.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #427 on: Sunday, November 16, 2014, 19:09:23 »

First game I've been to this season - plastic little fucker aint I  Too Cool

Good to be back though. Great atmosphere where we were in the Town End, Smiths goal had shades of Parkin's against QPR for me, complete with beserk celebrations to boot. lost it for a few seconds, at least until that horrible crystal palace song kicked in, booming out around the ground. Disgusted to see people clapping along to it, even in the town end  Suicide who can I speak to at the club about this, its bloody awful and I'm sure in no small part responsible for our reduced attendances recently.

As for the football, beautiful stuff. So impressed by our patient passing game and build up play thought Stevens was class, Byrne second half was imperious. Always looking to drive forwards. Every player looks comfortable on the ball which is something we've not been able to say since, fuck knows when.

nice to see city turned up in numbers for their cup final, although couldn't really hear them from the town end, cooper said they made a good racket so i'll take his word for it. Loved the fist pumping from branco at the end, proper riled the home crowd up. long way to go yet but yesterday felt like something could be in the air with this team. 352 in divvy three, spraying the ball around like we're fucking Barcelona or Bristol city...

Just out of interest, will you be coming back to the CG?
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #428 on: Sunday, November 16, 2014, 19:11:32 »

Looking at the highlights, there was approximately no need for 'Glad All Over' to be played.

Never is
Ruins the moment to have a pop at visiting fans
Esp in a derby cup final top of table clash
wigglesworth

« Reply #429 on: Sunday, November 16, 2014, 19:24:05 »

Never is
Ruins the moment to have a pop at visiting fans
Esp in a derby cup final top of table clash

Spot on, its insulting. Its like the club are saying the plebs can't be relied on to celebrate so they blare out this horrible crystal palace song to force the weak minded to clap along. I maintain this has no place at football, and I'm convinced people are staying away because of this garbage. Why ruin what is basically the whole point of going to football, that moment of pure euphoria of seeing your  team score. I do not understand the logic.

If the music was removed, a grand total of ZERO people would stop going to football in protest. It makes no sense whatsoever.

dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #430 on: Sunday, November 16, 2014, 19:30:42 »

Bristol City fans celebrate progressing from the 1st Round of the Johnstones Paint Trophy in September 2013:

And they call Swindon tinpot...

I guess when it's the only cup your club have ever won you might take it a bit more seriously than most.

..never go back.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #431 on: Sunday, November 16, 2014, 19:44:45 »

Spot on, its insulting. Its like the club are saying the plebs can't be relied on to celebrate so they blare out this horrible crystal palace song to force the weak minded to clap along. I maintain this has no place at football, and I'm convinced people are staying away because of this garbage. Why ruin what is basically the whole point of going to football, that moment of pure euphoria of seeing your  team score. I do not understand the logic.

If the music was removed, a grand total of ZERO people would stop going to football in protest. It makes no sense whatsoever.

Anyone not going to football because of a song is a fucking bellend. I agree that it's not needed and I too would be happy to see it not played, but it didn't ruin, or spoil, anything yesterday.

It's All Good..............
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #432 on: Sunday, November 16, 2014, 19:45:13 »

Of the Picture of Toffolo celebrating at the red, some poor aggrieved soul on OTIB says it is the most sickening thing they've seen in football.

OK then.....

It's not nice.

That speedy black lad up front at Yeovil stomped away doing it when Thompson got his marching orders earlier on.

Clems Army!
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #433 on: Sunday, November 16, 2014, 19:47:44 »

I guess when it's the only cup your club have ever won you might take it a bit more seriously than most.

Cheesy
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #434 on: Sunday, November 16, 2014, 19:49:44 »

They are going through the classic stages of grief.

Stage 1 - Denial - No it didn't happen.  Not really.  That wasn't a real defeat.

Stage 2 - More denial - It didn't happen and it doesn't matter anyway as we don't care, its not a big match, you care about us more than we care about you.

Stage 3 - Morally we won - Well we won because we didn't cheat, we didn't act badly, we are paragons of virtue who didn't throw headbutts or smoke bombs or dive and our superior football is going to win the day in the end, anyone can see that we won really.  And the much worse crime is to celebrate a win like you always do.

Stage 4 is yet to happen - Begrudging Acceptance - Well you have the three points, but we will have the last laugh when we play you next.

Stage 5 - This may happen by Friday - Oh we have another game.

Never knowingly overstated.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 ... 46   Go Up
Print
Jump to: