Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 ... 46   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v The Slavetraders Official Matchday Thread  (Read 130072 times)
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #390 on: Sunday, November 16, 2014, 12:49:11 »

Highlights:

Looking at the red card incident they haven't got a hope in hell with the appeal. The actual incident is off camera so there isn't any decent video footage by the look of it and clearly both the lino and more importantly the ref clearly saw the whole thing.
4 game ban for a frivolous appeal hopefully!
« Last Edit: Sunday, November 16, 2014, 12:50:52 by theakston2k » Logged
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #391 on: Sunday, November 16, 2014, 12:53:37 »

Fighting in the tunnel at the end. I enjoyed it as you can tell.

JET is a massive wanker and shitty should apologise for his behaviour, you can go around starting fights with other players/officials just because you lost....boo fucking hoo.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #392 on: Sunday, November 16, 2014, 12:56:42 »

After an end to a long unbeaten run I'm surprised pizza wasn't thrown about.

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #393 on: Sunday, November 16, 2014, 12:57:50 »

I'm surprised they went for Pack ahead of Emmanuel-Thomas once we went ahead.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #394 on: Sunday, November 16, 2014, 13:01:32 »

It was a difficult game for us. Because their fuckwit Captain got sent off, they spent the majority of the game with 10 men defending. It was always going to be difficult to break them down, although we managed it on quite a few occasions. How the brizzle fans can say, with such certainty, that had it stayed 11 V 11 they would've won is beyond me; the game would've been completely different.
Looking forward to going to Ashton Gate next year where hopefully we'll have our strongest side available and they manage to keep all their players on the pitch for the whole game.
All the talk about whether the game was a derby, or those (From both sides) feigning disinterest about the other club is a bit cringeworthy. We may not be each others biggest rivals but there is always an edge when we meet. I'm not sure OTIB will have multiple threads on any other team in League One when they're coming up to play them.
Good 3 points, from an unexpected source. We just need to keep going and hopefully we'll be thereabouts in May. If we do manage (Against all the odds) to achieve promotion, I hope City do as well as I enjoy the pantomime!

It's All Good..............
Sir Pissalot

« Reply #395 on: Sunday, November 16, 2014, 13:35:58 »

Anybody see where another 2000 fans could have fitted in the CG yesterday

I was in the DRS.  The block of seats in the Arkells Stand nearest to the TE had very few people in it.  There were also lots of empty seats in the area closest to the away fans block.  The front section of the away fans area was virtually empty.  The   back section of the Bank nearest to the DRS was also almost empty.  There was loads of space in the TE on the side nearest the Arkells.

It's a far cry from the 32000 that we managed (once) in days gone by.  It was more fun in those days!  Go for a pee at half time?  Yeah, right.  Good luck with that!   Sad

« Last Edit: Sunday, November 16, 2014, 13:40:11 by Sir Pissalot » Logged
kerry red

« Reply #396 on: Sunday, November 16, 2014, 13:55:12 »

I was in the Arkells so obviously couldn't see how full that was.

Thought the TE was rammed apart from a few to the right.

The DRS looked full apart from the Bank end.

There looked to be a few empty seats on the Bank - but they may have cuddled up as is their way
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #397 on: Sunday, November 16, 2014, 14:00:56 »

Fucking hell they have taken that badly.

First defeat all season.

The manager the biggest cry baby of the lot.

Sets us up nice for the return.

Clems Army!
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #398 on: Sunday, November 16, 2014, 14:28:58 »

How can that City player say it was our cup final? Think he'll find we tend to have good attendances against them. Anyone remember the Friday night match a few years ago, similar home attendance, only difference was about only 600 of their lot bothered coming. Same end result though 3 pts to the Reds.

If anyone treated yesterday as a more important fixture than normal it was them.
Sir Pissalot

« Reply #399 on: Sunday, November 16, 2014, 14:29:54 »

Fucking hell they have taken that badly.

First defeat all season.

The manager the biggest cry baby of the lot.

Sets us up nice for the return.

Do you think any of those currently giving it large on the OTIB and elsewhere cheered in the game at Ashton Gate last season when Elliot got Pritchard sent off? 

OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #400 on: Sunday, November 16, 2014, 14:34:09 »

Easily a red. Although I think Stephens was a bit lucky to avoid a booking at least.
It probably should have been a red. I don't think you can make a definitive judgement based purely on that footage though. The reaction of the crowd is the most telling thing. Agree that Stephens should have got a yellow.
« Last Edit: Sunday, November 16, 2014, 14:36:32 by OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR » Logged
Hoboken

Ignore
« Reply #401 on: Sunday, November 16, 2014, 14:38:11 »

I was in the Arkells so obviously couldn't see how full that was.

Thought the TE was rammed apart from a few to the right.

The DRS looked full apart from the Bank end.

There looked to be a few empty seats on the Bank - but they may have cuddled up as is their way

There was a ton of space both on the Bank and in the away section of the Arkells. Does our ticketing system need to be updated? It looks like we lost a lot of revenue there, considering it was supposed to be sold out ...
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #402 on: Sunday, November 16, 2014, 14:44:55 »

Well yesterday was a day if two halves.

Part 1: fantastic, as we beat 1982 Ltd to end their 22 league game unbeaten run Smiley

Part 2: a bit shit, when we got home some scumbag had broken in to our house & nicked stuff Sad

At least we won, so something good happened
kerry red

« Reply #403 on: Sunday, November 16, 2014, 14:46:27 »

Sorry to hear that
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #404 on: Sunday, November 16, 2014, 14:49:38 »

Sorry to hear that

Cheers

Shit happens, and we are both ok which is most important.

At least we won Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 ... 46   Go Up
Print
Jump to: